DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Mini 3 Pro update and DJI fly update

Nickyb65

Reactions
Hi

I noticed on droned.com a new firmware update for DJI fly and the Mini 3 Pro was shown. I updated the aircraft okay.

Will the new features also be available to the RC remote controller as well?

I also noted that the new firmware has an 'enhanced transmission' update, I assume this means it can work at even longer distances
from the operator?

Thanks

:)

@Nickyb65 ,i always chuckle when people seem to be excited that the drone they are flying is somehow going to be able to fly further ,after a firmware update ,the enhanced transmission ,is probably in connection with the fact, that the update for both the Fly App and the drones firmware ,make it RID compatible
i managed to fly for a short time today ,after doing both the Fly App update, and the firmware update yesterday, for my Mini 3 pro with the DJI RC controller with built in screen
the flight envelope appears to be unchanged from the previous iterations,at least in manual flying mode ,i did not get chance to try any of the auto flight modes ,due to the changing weather
a few words on the update for those fairly new to the hobby and the Mini 3 pro
make a note of your settings for things like camera settings ,distance, RTH height etc that you have been using prior to the update ,as with firmware updates some of the settings can be altered by the update,so after the update, go through them, and check that they are as you expect them to be
also the battery was updated during this latest firmware update ,so if you have more than one make sure you update all of them while you have a good internet connection

With the new update does it actually turn on RID, or just make it compatible eg in case you're using the extended battery? One of the reasons I like the Mini 3 Pro is it's not supposed to be subject to RID with the standard battery, correct?

Reactions: Menthol
at this moment in time the RID is not actually active, the update just puts the firmware in the drone ,to enable it to be activated ,as and when governments decide to bring it on line

Reactions: Allezdada
i got Remote id error,it cleared after 10 seconds and switched to Remote id is On….whatever that means

@Nickyb65 ,i always chuckle when people seem to be excited that the drone they are flying is somehow going to be able to fly further ,after a firmware update ,the enhanced transmission ,is probably in connection with the fact, that the update for both the Fly App and the drones firmware ,make it RID compatible
i managed to fly for a short time today ,after doing both the Fly App update, and the firmware update yesterday, for my Mini 3 pro with the DJI RC controller with built in screen
the flight envelope appears to be unchanged from the previous iterations,at least in manual flying mode ,i did not get chance to try any of the auto flight modes ,due to the changing weather
make a note of your settings for things like camera settings ,distance, RTH height etc that you have been using prior to the update ,as with firmware updates some of the settings can be altered by the update,so after the update, go through them, and check that they are as you expect them to be
also the battery was updated during this latest firmware update ,so if you have more than one make sure you update all of them while you have a good internet connection
Thanks for the detailed response, good tips taken.

🇨🇦👍

With the new update does it actually turn on RID, or just make it compatible eg in case you're using the extended battery? One of the reasons I like the Mini 3 Pro is it's not supposed to be subject to RID with the standard battery, correct?
The regulation says all drones that are required to be registered with the FAA must provide RID. So, that doesn't apply to the Mini series unless you go over 249g or use the drone commercially under Part 107.

The regulation says all drones that are required to be registered with the FAA must provide RID. So, that doesn't apply to the Mini series unless you go over 249g or use the drone commercially under Part 107.
So presumably this update puts things in place, but in the future there will be some mechanism to activate it. I wonder if there will be an automatic mechanism which determines if you stayed at 249g and under. I can't imagine they would leave that up to the drone operator . . .

Good advice as always!

Reactions: old man mavic
Sept, 2023 is the current go-live frame for RID. There will be a firmware update around that time to activate it. I would imagine around late July or early September for time to work out bugs.

Just updated both my RC controller & my M3P.

I wonder if there is a source for the prior versions, for those who don't like the new update versions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_883.jpg
    Screenshot_883.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 28
It may mean there is no downgrading possible
This is true, they have given a few minor improvement carrots to encourage updates over this threshold - after which you can't go back.
There is no sensible reason to rush to do this update unlike some previous ones which had actual issues to fix.

It may mean there is no downgrading possible
It would have been decent of them to give the option to downgrade...

But, NO, instead we get a lot of hype for the "benefits", & just a line about the remote ID & now being stuck with it... a lot of supposed carrots, & seeming to do their best hiding the 1 that they intended to stick up our... "tailpipes"...

I'm still pushing for the (IMO) MUCH more useful option to allow a sensible attitude indicator, not the soviet-style right/left bank indicator, which is what they use now. I don't think it would be that complicated to enable...

Reactions: Bart Como
It would have been decent of them to give the option to downgrade...

But, NO, instead we get a lot of hype for the "benefits", & just a line about the remote ID & now being stuck with it... a lot of supposed carrots, & seeming to do their best hiding the 1 that they intended to stick up our... "tailpipes"...

I'm still pushing for the (IMO) MUCH more useful option to allow a sensible attitude indicator, not the soviet-style right/left bank indicator, which is what they use now. I don't think it would be that complicated to enable...
For the reasons stated I don’t think I’m doing any upgrades until I am forced to do so.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure