DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Mini 3 Pro update and DJI fly update

Yes I was. It shows RID and the numbers cut off. Once you press and hold, it shows all the numbers. Bring the bird off the ground a bit.

Reactions: scro
Props were spinning at the time. Does it need to be airborne?

Also, where are you actually seeing the RID mesaage/button?
It takes about 15 to 20 seconds to show up, let me know if it works.

He disabled it for security purposes. RID is activated bro. Fired up your UAS engine, you don't have to fly it, open your phone or table network connections and after 30 seconds you will see the remote id. Press and hold where is says RID, and the whole number will show.
At this point I haven't updated. Probably just delaying the inevitable.

Reactions: Menthol
It takes about 15 to 20 seconds to show up, let me know if it works.
I tried setting the drone in a hover, with good gps, and then tried searching for drones nearby both by a simple WiFi scan and also using a drone scanner app and saw no trace of my mini3 while it was airborne, even after repeat checks over several minutes. Once landed and props stopped it reappeared as a wifi hot-spot within seconds.

Reactions: Torque
I tried setting the drone in a hover, with good gps, and then tried searching for drones nearby both by a simple WiFi scan and also using a drone scanner app and saw no trace of my mini3 while it was airborne, even after repeat checks over several minutes. Once landed and props stopped it reappeared as a wifi hot-spot within seconds.
The app needs lots of work. I tried again yesterday and it didnt pick my UAS. I moved it to another spot and it did work. Make sure there is no interfere, but it does work.

I've tried in several locations and had zero success so far. I wonder if RID broadcast is region dependent like rc transmission power (eg fcc or ce power)?

Last edited:
That's a US-centric explanation. The EU is requiring remote ID on ALL drones.
In some respects after having taken the test and gotten my operator ID in Germany I think the EU did a better job of role delineation and drone classes.
One exception - they then allowed each member state to have their own rules and of course Germany decided to keep all theirs which are pretty onerous for teh most part.
Without getting into the political aspect of it but staying on the topic of jurisdictional confusion, (and chaos) there is a local parallel in my area with gun laws. If I travel two miles to the west of me they have a different set of rules than where I live or I travel to the other town two miles to the east and a whole nothing thing 8 miles north, and a complete different world 3 miles north of that. In this example one could accidentally cross an unmarked border- and you know the rest.

Reactions: Brojon
Maybe this belongs in the RID discussion.... but relevant here as the new FW is pusing it down our collective throats.

This is all fine and dandy, I let me see if I get this right? So the following statements according to US rules:

• If one flys under 107 rules no matter what kind of drone one flys it will need to have RID active after the 10/23 date. - Right?
  • Also if one flys a sub 250gram drone recreationally and the drone is NOT registerd RID does not "need" to be active. - Right? (even if Pilot has 107 but the active flight is NOT in furtherance of a business)
  • If one flys a over 250gram drone recreationally (as it needs to be registerd due to weight) and as such needs to have RID active. -Right?
  • And finally, if one flys a registerd drone (any weight) in any condition it needs to have its RID active after 10/23 due to registration status. -Right?
So in that case as I only fly as a hobby and do not fly in furtherance of a business nor do I give out my crations to anyone who may or may not use it for monetary gains, AND I fly a sub 250gram drone that is not registed as it's not needed due to weight - I do not need to have RID. - Right?
But now if i want to update my Mini 3 Pro to latest firmware RID is implemented and cannot be turned off?
Also it may not be traceable to me as a individual as I have not registerd the drone but my home point and flights could never the less be monitored and tracked?

I'm just picturing a hords of Karen's out there just for their own enjoyment tracking every flight they happen upon and driving to the recorded HP just to give the pilot grief. Also as someone pointed out earlier Thiefs who see an easy $1000 flying aroung with their scanners can now pinpoint where to go get it?

If all the info was ONLY availabel to the relevant authorities and treated like sensetive information I may have less reservations to this entire RID BS... but it's not.
Thinking I'll need to wait until a FW comes with a on/off switch for RID that is confirmed working and cannot be overridden remotely.
I'm thinking I have more questions than answers at this point and can see see the point in RID as reckless flyers have forced the hand of authorities to implement these measures. But I'm also keenly aware of the direction this is taking to track an monitor individuals and their activities.

Maybe this belongs in the RID discussion.... but relevant here as the new FW is pusing it down our collective throats.

This is all fine and dandy, I let me see if I get this right? So the following statements according to US rules:

• If one flys under 107 rules no matter what kind of drone one flys it will need to have RID active after the 10/23 date. - Right?
  • Also if one flys a sub 250gram drone recreationally and the drone is NOT registerd RID does not "need" to be active. - Right? (even if Pilot has 107 but the active flight is NOT in furtherance of a business)
  • If one flys a over 250gram drone recreationally (as it needs to be registerd due to weight) and as such needs to have RID active. -Right?
  • And finally, if one flys a registerd drone (any weight) in any condition it needs to have its RID active after 10/23 due to registration status. -Right?
So in that case as I only fly as a hobby and do not fly in furtherance of a business nor do I give out my crations to anyone who may or may not use it for monetary gains, AND I fly a sub 250gram drone that is not registed as it's not needed due to weight - I do not need to have RID. - Right?
But now if i want to update my Mini 3 Pro to latest firmware RID is implemented and cannot be turned off?
Also it may not be traceable to me as a individual as I have not registerd the drone but my home point and flights could never the less be monitored and tracked?

I'm just picturing a hords of Karen's out there just for their own enjoyment tracking every flight they happen upon and driving to the recorded HP just to give the pilot grief. Also as someone pointed out earlier Thiefs who see an easy $1000 flying aroung with their scanners can now pinpoint where to go get it?

If all the info was ONLY availabel to the relevant authorities and treated like sensetive information I may have less reservations to this entire RID BS... but it's not.
Thinking I'll need to wait until a FW comes with a on/off switch for RID that is confirmed working and cannot be overridden remotely.
I'm thinking I have more questions than answers at this point and can see see the point in RID as reckless flyers have forced the hand of authorities to implement these measures. But I'm also keenly aware of the direction this is taking to track an monitor individuals and their activities.
I think you just echoed my point. In reality, the number of incidents per 100,000 flights is so low that the notion of RID almost seems ridiculous. IMO overkill, for sure.

The thing is, that if something bad happens to an unregistered drone and the authorities need to grab the pilot , it can almost always be done through the tracking of the sale. Got a serial number? You can track down the current owner, even if it was sold by the original owner. In 99% of the time there WILL be a paper trail of some sort. And those intentionally looking to do harm will figure out a way to do it without it coming back to to them anyway (just like other things).

Without getting into the political aspect of it but staying on the topic of jurisdictional confusion, (and chaos) there is a local parallel in my area with gun laws. If I travel two miles to the west of me they have a different set of rules than where I live or I travel to the other town two miles to the east and a whole nothing thing 8 miles north, and a complete different world 3 miles north of that. In this example one could accidentally cross an unmarked border- and you know the rest.
Fortunately all the states surrounding me and that I'm likely to travel to/through have compatible firearms regulations. But yeah, some states are pure poison (looking at you Maryland and New Jersey).

Fortunately all the states surrounding me and that I'm likely to travel to/through have compatible firearms regulations. But yeah, some states are pure poison (looking at you Maryland and New Jersey).
you forgot massachusetts…went to gun show today and purchased 30rd pre-ban magazine for my cx4 berreta carbin……..150 bucks!!….
ps…mini rant over,back to topic 👍

Reactions: Brojon and Menthol
I give the gov't/law all the respect it's due.

You all make your own choices accordingly.
Yes, I have much the same philosophy.

Problem is, matters little what respect I think it's due... most important for my own "don't tread on me" attitude is what the law on the books says, how local Mandarins interpret it, and how keen they are in enforcing it.

So It's a balance. I find my freedom is greatest if I abide the rules in populated areas, "bend" them a bit (exception: altitude, and restricted zones) when I'm out in a cow pasture or forest with the nearest small town miles away.

Its only a matter of how long it will take for it to happen.
Naw, it's a matter of the risk.

It's only a matter of time before a meteor lands directly on someone's head.

Do you constantly worry and fret about this? I doubt it. Why not?

Reactions: Torque
My M3P broadcasts a RID that I see in my Galaxy S22 ultra smart phone, under the Connection tab, Available networks, with the name I gave my M3P in the RC, under the About, Name tab. If I click on this network name, I get my smart phone asking for a password to log in to the network. None of the PWs I use in my drone flying work. I wonder where I get this PW, anyone know?

My M3P broadcasts a RID that I see in my Galaxy S22 ultra smart phone, under the Connection tab, Available networks, with the name I gave my M3P in the RC, under the About, Name tab. If I click on this network name, I get my smart phone asking for a password to log in to the network. None of the PWs I use in my drone flying work. I wonder where I get this PW, anyone know?
I get exactly that too, but only when the drone is powered up, though not flying. Once it's airborne that WiFi access point disappears. I've not been able to view the location of the drone through the various things i've tried, and not seen any other "transmission" from the drone that might be RID.

Last edited:
You can not see any RID with your Galaxy S22. What you see, is the WLAN-SSID of your Mini 3 pro. This can be used for DJI Quicktransfer in the DJI Fly App. RTFM: Page 14

Reactions: Brewbud and Torque
You can not see any RID with your Galaxy S22. What you see, is the WLAN-SSID of your Mini 3 pro. This can be used for DJI Quicktransfer in the DJI Fly App. RTFM: Page 14
Thanks for the info, have read the manual, you are absolutely right.

Last time I updated drone, I needed to put every battery in and check updates, as it would update each battery separately. If I remember correctly, it downloaded the 200MB file for each battery again, but during today's update it only downloaded once, and then updating second and third battery was done much quicker, without need for download.

Perhaps I misremember last update, or can someone confirm this?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne