DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New drone owner from Florida

spgrasso

Reactions
Just purchased my first drone. A Mavic Pro.
I work in Fire-Rescue and this is the beginning of an investigation for stating a sUAS program at work. I plan on sitting for the FAA test soon.
I also produce a motorcycle podcast and will be using the drone for that.

Hope to learn more from all of you.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

I work in Fire-Rescue and this is the beginning of an investigation for stating a sUAS program at work. I plan on sitting for the FAA test soon.

Howdy from Wyoming @spgrasso , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hello From Tennessee spgrasso. Have you by chance looked at any of the 3rd party controller apps? I use Autopilot, which has a lot of features revolving around photography, but a lot that could be used for EMS.

Years back I was a volunteer firefighter/first responder here in Putnam county. Looking back I can recall a few occurrences where a drone would have been priceless. Everything from cattle roundup on the interstate after semi turnover, to locating repelling accident victims and accessing their condition.

I’ve got a couple of MPP’s and looking into getting a third DJI drone, something like the inspire 2 maybe. I like the idea of being available should the county have a need.

Good luck on the FAA test.

Reactions: spgrasso
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome. I have a similar interest and have helped out our local EMS once before during a missing person (elderly) using my drone. I wanted to make you aware of the S.W.A.R.M. group (SAR) on facebook in case you're interested in that. Some decent stuff on there about SAR.

Welcome. I have a similar interest and have helped out our local EMS once before during a missing person (elderly) using my drone. I wanted to make you aware of the S.W.A.R.M. group (SAR) on facebook in case you're interested in that. Some decent stuff on there about SAR.

Thanks for the info Jag, our mission is more Hazmat related. We operate a large regional team and will be using these for recon and identification. We will most likely have at least one smaller UAS for training and PR. I am learning a great deal from you all already.

Welcome Aboard! And enjoy your stay here, there is a wealth of information to be had here so take your time and enjoy reading all the great stuff you can do, :) And don't be afraid to ask questions. Have a great one and happy flying :)

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Thanks for your service in Fire-Rescue. Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa