DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Drone Pilot - Awaiting Weather For First Flight

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
There’s many knowledgeable members willing to help you with any questions you have. Search the forum using key words and if you don’t find an answer, post your question and I’m sure you’ll get a quick response. Fly safe and stay safe!

From the land of Boeing Airplane Company (Seattle WA), retired IT professional and avid amateur photographer. Hoping to see the world from a higher altitude. Looking forward to learning as much as possible before my first flight (we’re having a bit of a snow problem of late).

Very impressed with the quality of the MavicPilots forum, glad to be here.
...And from the Texas Gulf coast...Sunny and 45. Welcome to the forum and safe and happy flying!

From the land of Boeing Airplane Company (Seattle WA), retired IT professional and avid amateur photographer. Hoping to see the world from a higher altitude. Looking forward to learning as much as possible before my first flight (we’re having a bit of a snow problem of late).

Welcome from the Gulf Coast!

Welcome to the MP Forum from Sunny Somerset, UK :)
Thanks @Chris4koi, My ancestors were actually from Leicestershire. Had a great visit to London and the Cotswolds back in '99. Wished I'd been flying back then. Amazing countryside and peaceful times.

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

My three little tips for what it’s worth.

1. Trees & wires are your enemy. Stay well away.

2. Find some wide open space and enjoy practicing how your drone flys.”Quickshots” are great fun as well to commence.

3. Don’t try to hand launch or catch until you are very sure of how to execute both. (YouTube) once again!
Great advice and thanks for the welcome @Squidinc. I'm familiar with saws of all types, but I have great respect for high speed props ;)

Reactions: Chris4koi
Welcome to the forums from a neighbor to the south. Plenty of information here and tons of places to fly a drone in the PNW.

Cheers!
Thanks for the welcome @db4476. I can only imagine how much fun it would be to fly along the Oregon Coast. Not too many powerlines or trees to contend with, and oh my, the landing strips are massive.

Hi from South Wales UK, hope you enjoy forum, cheers Len

Hi from South Wales UK, hope you enjoy forum, cheers Len
Hi Len. Thanks for the welcome. I am totally amazed at the reach these little drones can fly! Never been to your continent, but have always been a huge fan of your accents :) Happy flying.

Reactions: Chris4koi
Thanks @Chris4koi, My ancestors were actually from Leicestershire. Had a great visit to London and the Cotswolds back in '99. Wished I'd been flying back then. Amazing countryside and peaceful times.
Thanks, we love ❤ it here in the Southwest of UK, we have a variety of coastal areas. Covering Somerset and Dorset in the South, then Devon and Cornwall 🙂
We are so lucky to be living in the Southwest of the UK. So much varied coastal areas covering Somerset, Dorset, Devon and Cornwall 🙂. Spoiled for choice, Cheddar Gorge just 10 minutes from us... 🙂

Great advice and thanks for the welcome @Squidinc. I'm familiar with saws of all types, but I have great respect for high speed props ;)
I do now that’s for sure! (Week 2 when I thought I knew it all..)

Attachments

• 94CF2629-CF91-4865-B88C-70E994E1BE13.jpeg
    94CF2629-CF91-4865-B88C-70E994E1BE13.jpeg
    674.7 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: WackeDad
I do now that’s for sure! (Week 2 when I thought I knew it all..)
Ouch! I recall in my youth that happening when I was flying .049 gas planes. That looks nasty. Can we actually post those images on this forum? :p

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Ouch! I recall in my youth that happening when I was flying .049 gas planes. That looks nasty. Can we actually post those images on this forum? :p
Yes unless it’s to bad or inappropriate, check our guidelines to
be sure your within them.😉

I remember these nasty cuts with the plastic propeller turning the glow engines from my airplanes when they kick back. Then I learn and start using starters. Still with the DA-150 engines happened the same to my buddy and those 26X10 open his hand in another backfire. No jokes.

Another buddy Seth Arnold had a bad cut in the libs with an Align 450 helicopter. We sometimes forget a hobby can be very dangerous.

seth 1.jpg

seth 2.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka