DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New drone pilot wannabee from London/Kent

NickEl

Reactions
Greetings Mavic Pilots...

Just got my Mavic 2 Pro, charged and updated.

Resisting the temptation to lift-off until I'm accompanied by a pal who is a seasoned fixed-wing and drone pilot. Not even indoors as knowing my luck it will fly up to the ceiling and break...

Hope he's about tomorrow, or I might just have to go solo :cool:

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Reactions: MiMo28
Welcome! Enjoy your bird!
One suggestion, more important than the help you mention initially anyway:
Read the full manual and understand it. Keep a copy with you on a device not used to fly so you can refer as needed.
And remember that the pause button is your friend if things seem confusing or seem to go awry

Thanks... I like the sound of all of the helpful features that it has, it sounds simple, but I don't want to be the idiot that crashes on day 1...

Resisting the temptation to lift-off until I'm accompanied by a pal who is a seasoned fixed-wing and drone pilot. Not even indoors as knowing my luck it will fly up to the ceiling and break...

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your Mavic 2 Pro, I love mine. Fly safe and have fun!

Congratulations!
I completely understand those feelings.
As silly as it may sound, when I first got my Mavic, I had very similar feelings as my first solo plane flight and my first few skydives. LOL
I tried "starting" it inside the house. After all, it should just rise about 3-4' or so... right?
Much to my dismay, I couldn't even do that. I live about 1000' from the runway at a small airport. and all I got was "NFZ" on my controller. And, living in the Sierra Foothills of California... trees, trees, trees and mountains.
Fast forward several months... I finally took it out and away from the NFZ.
I turned everything on, got a good GPS signal, touched the takeoff icon and then got the ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO TAKE OFF (or whatever it says screen). LOL
It was magical! That thing started up and rose up to my chest height and seemed to stare at me. Like it was thinking "now what?".
I did a few gentle turns, some left & right, some up and down. I probably left it in "beginner mode" for about a month.
I did feel the anxiety level rise a little when I first took it off "beginner mode", but that quickly turned into the fun factor.
Have fun!

Reactions: Bobvt and MiMo28
Welcome the the Club! You get extra points for resisting the temptation to fly indoors!

Thanks... I like the sound of all of the helpful features that it has, it sounds simple, but I don't want to be the idiot that crashes on day 1...
My girl and I got the mavic our selfs I'm a season flyer she isn't she bought some prop guards and I'm very thankful she did lol good luck flying and be safe and FYI beginner mode is a great way to start

Reactions: Bobvt and MiMo28

Hi Nick
I am in west London and got my new M2P yesterday. Done all the upgrades, charging and settings but dying to go out on Monday for first ever flight.
I am too close to Heathrow and in a big no fly zone. Off to West Country then.

Welcome,I'm from the same area and always looking for new flying places. If you find anything good feel free to share! Or you need any advice/tips

Have fun

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions...

Well, I took it out yesterday to a local park, which was fortunately pretty empty...
Wow! it is so stable. So a couple of practice runs in beginner mode, testing out RTB first.
Then off of beginner mode to try out some of the presets.
This is awesome!

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions...

Well, I took it out yesterday to a local park, which was fortunately pretty empty...
Wow! it is so stable. So a couple of practice runs in beginner mode, testing out RTB first.
Then off of beginner mode to try out some of the presets.
This is awesome!
Coincidentally yesterday was my first day on my Mavic 2 pro as well and in the corner of a park. Really amazing drone. Confidence is quickly building...

Hi Nick
I am in west London and got my new M2P yesterday. Done all the upgrades, charging and settings but dying to go out on Monday for first ever flight.
I am too close to Heathrow and in a big no fly zone. Off to West Country then.

Probably best not to fly near Heathrow, unless you want some "official spectators" joining you.

Enjoy your flight! It'll be great, I'm sure

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000