DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Drone purchase

jbnoell

Reactions
I'm looking to buy a Mavic Air (my first drone) Any suggestions as to the best source? DJI, Amazon, Best Buy?
Also, should I consider the Fly More package and/or the Smart Controller?Just looking for some experienced guidance.
Thanks in advance.
JBN

As long as you buy from an authorized dealer, I think you’ll be ok. I’d go with either Best Buy or DJI. Definitely go with the Fly More Kit or at least pick up a couple more batteries. The Smart Controller looks really sweet, but I don’t personally have one so can’t recommend it. I use an iPad Mini 4 that fits nicely into my controller and have been very happy with it. Hope this helps. Enjoy your new Air :)

I'm looking to buy a Mavic Air (my first drone) Any suggestions as to the best source? DJI, Amazon, Best Buy?
Also, should I consider the Fly More package and/or the Smart Controller?Just looking for some experienced guidance.
Thanks in advance.
JBN
I would buy it wherever you can get the best price, as long as it is an authorized DJI reseller. If you buy at a local place like Best Buy, you have the added convenience of an easy return in case there are any issues with it and you need to take it back.

The Fly More package is OK but depends on what price you get for it as opposed to buying the components separately. You will certainly want extra batteries and the charging hub is nice to have. The carrying bag they give you in the Fly More package is totally worthless. You will most likely want to purchase a nice custom fit case for it.

There is no Smart Controller for the Mavic Air. Only the standard controller that comes with it.

Personally I would get the MA, a couple of extra batteries and a custom fit case. Then add more as you see how you use it.

I suggest that you buy only from an authorized DJI seller, and seller that has a good return policy. Note all sellers on Amazon are NOT authorized in fact last I checked Amazon was not authorized. Price and tax is important and can vary quite a bit. FlyMore will save some $ if you want 3 batteries and hub. Skip the smart controller, it doesn’t work with the Air.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mossiback
As long as you buy from an authorized dealer, I think you’ll be ok. I’d go with either Best Buy or DJI. Definitely go with the Fly More Kit or at least pick up a couple more batteries. The Smart Controller looks really sweet, but I don’t personally have one so can’t recommend it. I use an iPad Mini 4 that fits nicely into my controller and have been very happy with it. Hope this helps. Enjoy your new Air :)
Thanks so much for your prompt response -very helpful!

I would buy it wherever you can get the best price, as long as it is an authorized DJI reseller. If you buy at a local place like Best Buy, you have the added convenience of an easy return in case there are any issues with it and you need to take it back.

The Fly More package is OK but depends on what price you get for it as opposed to buying the components separately. You will certainly want extra batteries and the charging hub is nice to have. The carrying bag they give you in the Fly More package is totally worthless. You will most likely want to purchase a nice custom fit case for it.

There is no Smart Controller for the Mavic Air. Only the standard controller that comes with it.

Personally I would get the MA, a couple of extra batteries and a custom fit case. Then add more as you see how you use it.

I suggest that you buy only from an authorized DJI seller, and seller that has a good return policy. Note all sellers on Amazon are NOT authorized in fact last I checked Amazon was not authorized. Price and tax is important and can vary quite a bit. FlyMore will save some $ if you want 3 batteries and hub. Skip the smart controller, it doesn’t work with the Air.

Those are all good places to buy. You can find a list of sorted daily deals here:

Buy A DJI Mavic (Deals Updated Daily)

should I consider the Fly More package and/or the Smart Controller?
Do you want the Smart Controller or accessories in the Fly More Package? If so, you can save money by buying those bundles up front.

My girlfriend and I just bought two mavic 2 zoom and pro from the DJI store Sunday I will receive them Thursday the 2nd just saying love the fast shipping

Thanks in advance.
JBN
Whatever you decide on get a bright monitor,got a crystal sky recently and oh wow, what a difference .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu