DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New drone retrieval method

AZNewbie

Reactions
Not saying how I know, but a citrus fruit picker (for you non-Arizona people, a small basket on a pole) is an excellent method for retrieving a drone from a tree. Without damage. And it still flies normally.

Not saying how I know, but a citrus fruit picker (for you non-Arizona people, a small basket on a pole) is an excellent method for retrieving a drone from a tree. Without damage. And it still flies normally.
Mine was 60+ feet up. I had to hire a tree climber. BUT IT WAS WELL WORTH IT to me

I had to hire a tree surgeon to retrieve mine. I foolishly didn’t take into account elevation!

Reactions: OZPILOT
I had a cheap practice drone that I flew before the Mavic Pro and it found a home in a tree 75’ off the ground. I went on YouTube and found the video below. I made the same device and rescued the drone without damage. You are basically shaking the drone out of the tree with the knowledge that you are accepting the possible consequences.

I would have to evaluate the situation to see if it was worth the risk or call a tree service. I also use this device to hook ropes on trees that I am cutting down so it was a win/win tool. There are several videos on YouTube offering similar methods.

Here is the video link that I used:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard