DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New European UAV Regulations Draft

Heidelburger

Reactions
Following a major conference on the future of drones held in Helsinki Dec 2017, David Phipps,CEO BMFA has published an analysis of the EASA's proposed regulations.
Opinion 01/2018: Unmanned aircraft system (UAS) operations in the ‘open’ and ‘specific’ categories | EASA
and also here
EASA Publish their Technical Opinion and Draft Regulations for Unmanned Aircraft
There's a very good discussion thread on the General Discussion page:
Privledge not a right
which has prompted differing opinion about the rights and wrongs of legislation and I would suggest that would be a better place for people who want to let off steam (hot or cold) about 'rights' etc.
Our seemingly 'empty skies' are about to get very crowded, very quickly so I've started this thread for those who just want to talk about these inevitable regulatory changes and how they will affect us.

To kick things off, there are two things I found interesting.
1. It is proposed that mandatory registration could be law as soon as this summer but not for every drone, only every pilot. and.....
2. Bearing in mind that although these are European objectives, after 'Brexit' opinion suggests that the UK will probably follow any guidelines implemented

Over to you.............

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato