DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware 1000 for Mavic Pro. Anyone tried it?

ugh...threads like this make me wish I never read these forums. I'm still on .900 but not totally happy with some flight characteristics, so I'm tempted to upgrade to .1000 but after reading all this, I almost wish I never updated anything...ever!

I never fly over about 150' and never out of line of sight, so I want to just be able to launch my Mavic and film wherever the **** I want to. All this NFZ crap has got me tired of all this. I miss the old days when we could just toggle the geo-system off and not have to worry about any of it. :(

I guess if you´re not happy with the current FW you´re in, then it makes sense to update. But before that I´d do a really hard thought on this, point-by-point. Just to check if any "issues" I might "think" it has are real, solid, or just a product of a possible negative bias or something on my mind rather than on the drone. I tend to be picky and perfectionist, so most times it´s in me. Becoming conscious usually helps and make me cool down about it. If I step back there´s always the possibility of doing it at any time later on.

Hope that helps.

I guess if you´re not happy with the current FW you´re in, then it makes sense to update. But before that I´d do a really hard thought on this, point-by-point. Just to check if any "issues" I might "think" it has are real, solid, or just a product of a possible negative bias or something on my mind rather than on the drone. I tend to be picky and perfectionist, so most times it´s in me. Becoming conscious usually helps and make me cool down about it. If I step back there´s always the possibility of doing it at any time later on.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, they're definitely real issues. .900 seems to drift a bit more, and I hear a lot more "motor activity" when it's attempting to hover. It drifts a bit and has some other unusual flight characteristics. But like you said, I haven't updated yet because I'm going to do a few more flights in different conditions to make sure the "flaws" I'm seeing are consistent and verifiable before I jump to any conclusions.

I used to be the person who just blindly updated as soon as an update was available, but I'm gradually changing to the person who waits a few updates before changing anything.

My MP is still flying with old FW all over (.400 and equivalent on RC) and GO4 as old would operate with these. No restrictions, very stable, no camera issues, thankfully.

Can´t say about the improvements on image, that´s certainly a huge "selling point" for DJI to suck us in. Since we´re usually unsatisfied with what we currently have for whatever reason, real or not, we tend to believe the updates can make our drones better. I´d say most times they do, but there´s always a cost.

It´s logical, I get it. Or should be. In fact it almost got me into updating this time I admit. But not yet, I´ll let it pass once more since my footage and photography quality suits me for the time being, and the drone is in good shape overall and without restrictions.

The reason I skip updates is the same, from my old P2 and all the others that came since (P3Ps, Inspires, P4Ps...) I don´t want to risk bringing in issues which I currently don´t have, for improvements that I have a hard time to quantify or have use for.

Unless it´s a tangible, sensible and uselful improvement and unless it´s been thoroughly tested by the general public (i.e. all pilots who chose to update early) with no issues reported in considerable quantities, I´ll keep what´s working.

That´s not a preach for no updates policy, just my testimonial and my rationale for staying in older FW versions as long as possible.

Totally agree. Simple risk to benefit calculation. That's all I've been trying to convey...I think you said it better.

ugh...threads like this make me wish I never read these forums. I'm still on .900 but not totally happy with some flight characteristics, so I'm tempted to upgrade to .1000 but after reading all this, I almost wish I never updated anything...ever!

I never fly over about 150' and never out of line of sight, so I want to just be able to launch my Mavic and film wherever the **** I want to. All this NFZ crap has got me tired of all this. I miss the old days when we could just toggle the geo-system off and not have to worry about any of it. :(

Then do someting about it....

Hope that helps.

The time for being able to roll back firmware may suddenly end with one of these updates.

Reactions: MrsTreat
Bas421,

OK, I get it, your bitter and angry because you didn't get from DJI what you wanted. Between .400 and .1000 you felt you deserved a huge jump in quality, which you can't see. Are you using a 4K monitor. I am and I can see amazing quality, but then again, I haven't seen images from .400 and .700. Sorry.

I didn't let DJI change the NFZ's in my update. Each time I try and take off it asks me for permission to update the NFZ's. I say no and take off seconds later.

In Canada, the law states you can't fly higher than 400ft. The ability to fly to 500M doesn't interest me. You can't see anything at that point. Why bother?

I'm sorry you didn't get your improvements. I'm also sorry you feel DJI hampered your Mavic.

I guess I have a couple of suggestions for you.

1. Purchase another companies drone. There are many out there for you to choose from, and most don't have the sophistication of the DJI products, and hence don't have the restriction.
2. Fly your drone in locations where there are no restrictions. There are tons of locations across the USA where that is possible.
3. Do what American's always threaten. Do a Class Action Law Suit. I can't participate, but I'm sure you could find a lawyer, and some other litigants to join you.

******** here about it will NOT solve your issues, I can guarantee it. Frankly, I'm done listening to you, so I won't be replying to any response you might provide. Select from above, and I hope you enjoy your choice.

All the best.

I have a 27" 4K ViewSonic professional monitor and .400 firmware video looks better than video from .800 firmware. I have not bothered going past that yet but I did use Dumbldor and go between versions for testing. Video quality with all versions has varied very little and tends to come down to expectations and preference.

It's pretty obvious that you are very new to this and have no clue what has been going on with the various firmware updates. I suggest you do some reading before making any kind of judgements on what other owners are saying. Many people have had very bad experiences with updates. Updates that had absolutely no benefit to the owner and in fact only introduced bugs that then needed to be fixed by several more updates.
In a nutshell I can tell you that most DJI updates have nothing to do with making the drone better, they are mostly designed to give DJI more NFZ control and to add more spyware.

Rob

Last edited:
Reactions: bas4241
My MP is still flying with old FW all over (.400 and equivalent on RC) and GO4 as old would operate with these. No restrictions, very stable, no camera issues, thankfully.

Can´t say about the improvements on image, that´s certainly a huge "selling point" for DJI to suck us in. Since we´re usually unsatisfied with what we currently have for whatever reason, real or not, we tend to believe the updates can make our drones better. I´d say most times they do, but there´s always a cost.

It´s logical, I get it. Or should be. In fact it almost got me into updating this time I admit. But not yet, I´ll let it pass once more since my footage and photography quality suits me for the time being, and the drone is in good shape overall and without restrictions.

The reason I skip updates is the same, from my old P2 and all the others that came since (P3Ps, Inspires, P4Ps...) I don´t want to risk bringing in issues which I currently don´t have, for improvements that I have a hard time to quantify or have use for.

Unless it´s a tangible, sensible and uselful improvement and unless it´s been thoroughly tested by the general public (i.e. all pilots who chose to update early) with no issues reported in considerable quantities, I´ll keep what´s working.

That´s not a preach for no updates policy, just my testimonial and my rationale for staying in older FW versions as long as possible.
You are not alone, like you I can fly when ever where ever I want to without asking permission from anyone.

Given what you said, I'd do the upgrade, but ignore the NFZ stuff, which happens when you start to fly.

Then maybe stop visiting the forum :))

Hope this helps. I'm using.1000

I have a 27" 4K ViewSonic professional monitor and .400 firmware video looks better than video from .800 firmware. I have not bothered going past that yet but I did use Dumbldor and go between versions for testing. Video quality from with all versions has varied very little and tends to come down to expectation and preference.

It's pretty obvious that you are very new to this and have no clue what has been going on with the various firmware updates. I suggest you do some reading before making any kind of judgements on what other owners are saying. Many people have had very bad experiences with updates. Updates that had absolutely no benefit to the owner and in fact only introduced bugs that then needed to be fixed by several more updates.
In a nutshell I can tell you that most DJI updates have nothing to do with making the drone better, they are mostly designed to give DJI more NFZ control and to add more spyware.

Rob
I've been flying since 2012 with DJI Phantoms, then the 1.1, then the 2. If you want to compare experience with DJI, I have lots of experience, far worse than anything that happened to the Mavic series Pilots.

Then I moved to the 3DR Solo. That was a solid quad.

I stand by my advice, regardless of your opinion. Sorry if that upsets you and a few other members.

Go and fly. You'll feel good.

I've been flying since 2012 with DJI Phantoms, then the 1.1, then the 2. If you want to compare experience with DJI, I have lots of experience, far worse than anything that happened to the Mavic series Pilots.

Then I moved to the 3DR Solo. That was a solid quad.

I stand by my advice, regardless of your opinion. Sorry if that upsets you and a few other members.

Go and fly. You'll feel good.

I have gone flying with .800 for the fun of it and I got a big NFZ issue so I did not feel good! I drove back home and put her back on .400 and now I feel good again. Have fun Camera guy, I hope you don't shoot drone footage in city areas with 1000 and the Mavic. Your bound to be grounded during many a shoot.

Rob

Reactions: MrsTreat
I have gone flying with .800 for the fun of it and I got a big NFZ issue so I did not feel good! I drove back home and put her back on .400 and now I feel good again. Have fun Camera guy, I hope you don't shoot drone footage in city areas with 1000 and the Mavic. Your bound to be grounded during many a shoot.

Rob

Ok, I give. How do I go to .400? It wasn't in the selection in the last upgrade, so how is it done

Ok, I watched the tutorial. Which previous version do you want me on to get the most out of it, without compromising anything, like safety and fly always?

Also does this mean that my DJI care program won't mean anything, or will be Void.

And look what showed up on my iPhone 47 minutes ago!:rolleyes:100_0918.JPG

Ok, I watched the tutorial. Which previous version do you want me on to get the most out of it, without compromising anything, like safety and fly always?

Also does this mean that my DJI care program won't mean anything, or will be Void.

No your DJI care package and warranty have nothing to do with what firmware your running. DJI cannot refuse to honor the warranty or refresh because of the version of firmware being used.

I use .400 but most people use .700. I don't care about fixed wing mode and .400 has less NFZ stuff than .700. I guess for you .700 would be the best choice since you get most of the same features as 1000 without the live NFZ stuff happening.

Rob

Reactions: MKAL
so i have updated to 1000 successfully via USB cable and DJI2 Assistant, but when i attach my iphone to the controller and turn on the app, it's asking me to download/update to 1000. :rolleyes:

is this is a glitch?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert