DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware 1000 for Mavic Pro. Anyone tried it?

You weren’t limited in height and distance. That’s bogus and you can fly right past it. So you didn’t have to upgrade but I’m glad it worked for you.

I was on a job site and called another group member, he stated that his actually stopped at the limited height an distance and would not let him go further. So not wanting to display problems in front of my client, I updated.

What auto exposure? My raws look the same with .400, .100, .900, .800. on the rare occasions i use auto exposure or on manual.

You're clearly unaware of the concept of regression bugs. Maybe you should start writing their code as its clearly so easy to do.

Right, so you dont think an ESC software and flight controller needs any sort of update to work with propellers that require different RPMs and perform differently at the same RPM for optimal use? DJI use in-built psychic ESCs?

Yep its just what i needed. No bugs that i can tell, no introduced bugs and introduces some things that might be useful down the line. Good on them for actually supporting a product.
You don't constantly get warnings on the screen? I've had my iPhone 7+ for seven months now,and do you know how many updates it has needed? Answer 1! If I didn't update would my phones range be limmited to 30 meters? I don't think so? Get it?

Last edited:
And the GO4 app now wants to update also,with some questionable RTH features?

You don't constantly get warnings on the screen?

Other than justifiable wind warnings no. The only warnings i get are genuine warnings. You avoided the statement on regression bugs too.

You also clearly never check how many updates an average app has on any mobile platform. Clue - its more than 1 every 6 months. Personally id rather a manufacturer supports and upgrades a product than just ignore it after release. Clearly you think otherwise. The good news is you're under no obligation what-so-ever to upgrade.

I upgraded my rc and mavic last night to the most current release, so far so good. Flew one battery after i checked all the settings and adjusted and all was well. Hopefully it stays that way!

Updated firmware yesterday and flew with no issues. Didn't try the new flight modes but the image seems the same. One thing the spare batteries did not require updating, they all work without having to update them. No incompatibilty issue as in the last firmware update. So far so good.

Other than justifiable wind warnings no. The only warnings i get are genuine warnings. You avoided the statement on regression bugs too.

You also clearly never check how many updates an average app has on any mobile platform. Clue - its more than 1 every 6 months. Personally id rather a manufacturer supports and upgrades a product than just ignore it after release. Clearly you think otherwise. The good news is you're under no obligation what-so-ever to upgrade.
There is nothing wrong with updating,as long as it fixes a known problem,and dosen't create another problem elsewhere! The frequency of these updates, shows a rush to get them out,without running them through a test period to check if they are working correctly,before releasing them. Did you notice iOS 11 is a Beta update?

Most DO fix known problems or update new features. From my experience no app update has ever broken anything for me.
1 firmware update broke portrait mode RAW files but that was fixed in the next one.

Most DO fix known problems or update new features. From my experience no app update has ever broken anything for me.
1 firmware update broke portrait mode RAW files but that was fixed in the next one.
DJI needs to SLOW DOWN and test the updates before releasing them! That is the Key word! "Most" and they don't "Break" anything,they just cause problems with the other software,already installed.

Last edited:
What makes you think the updates aren't tested? They work fine for the vast majority of people.
Its utterly impossible to test all combinations of platform and installed software before a release. They test, it works for mos (maybe even all) the sample group, they release.
Some might have known minor bugs, some might not. Again thats common for all code.
Perfect bug free software doesn't exist. It has never existed, it never will exist.

Reactions: wcsilva
I was on a job site and called another group member, he stated that his actually stopped at the limited height an distance and would not let him go further. So not wanting to display problems in front of my client, I updated.

Yup, same here. I can plug in a max distance /height into the RC but the aircraft will stop at a height of 300 feet no matter the height set above that. And the app will indicate the standard “max height reached” warning. Strange...and kinda frustrating at the same time.

Maybe related .... There is a bug in the new firmware / app. You need to activate and deactivate beginner mode and then it should be ok. Basically the Mavic is stuck in beginner mode after the updated for some, even if it is not shown in the app.

Reactions: MrsTreat
Can I upgrade DJI GO4 app without updating the firmware on the Mavic?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman