DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware 1000 for Mavic Pro. Anyone tried it?

It is very frustrating to have gone from some really beautiful image quality to overexposed junk due to this firmware update. Five batteries down and I still haven't found a solution.

The solution is to roll back your firware to a version that worked better....in all sorts of ways.....

Reactions: ariksaja
I have had the latest firmware since it came out. Just had an issue this weekend. I started the flight with 16-18 satellites logged on. About 30 seconds in the flight the bird missed all GPS connections and started to drift backwards. Nothing i could do on the stiks. The only command that worked was increasing the hight. I guess this lasted about 10 seconds before it regained connection again. Very scary moment there not being able to control anything.
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Oh well, i think updating or downgrading firmware is up to drone owners or its pilot, because they all bought a product. We also know that new firmware is not guarantee that you can enjoy your drone like as you usually do with your drone before. Pick an example, let's say smartphones . you can install apple iphone or even android to upgrade their firmwares or os with latest firmware, but you will notice that sometimes your device is being slow and has random issues or even permanent issues after you upgrade. So normally, there should be another option. Format and restore the firmware to stock. ;) should be available. I'm sure all android device do that, unless dji is a company like apple who developed it's own operating system by themself. Same with the drone, it is electronic product that you all bought it in a different times and it was mass production product which is you also knew "what is the worst scenario of it" anyways. But i saw that dji getting stricts about their drone and i personally think they're wrong. I can agree for limiting max altitude. But not about restricting to go back default firmwares. I love dji assistant when i receive my mavic at the first time because they allowed us to upgrade or downgrade firmwares and we can go back to the stock firmware. As in now, nope i don't like it. It's because I found that my mavic is stable using fw 700 and it's all working good. I also can't make my mavic reset to factory default "literally" to make my mavic new again as i received it before. I can't downgrade to fw 400 because my mavic goes crazy especially the gimbal. And i'm sure not all mavic drone is like my drone. And I can't upgrade to the latest because i just don't wanna ruin my experience with my mavic with all issues that everyone experienced now. I'm sure many people love being update all the time, and also the contrary. Well guys it's your choice. Let's not attack everybody because we can have our own opinion but eventually your own logic will decide what you will do by yourself anyway.

Reactions: bas4241
Oh well, i think updating or downgrading firmware is up to drone owners or its pilot, because they all bought a product. We also know that new firmware is not guarantee that you can enjoy your drone like as you usually do with your drone before. Pick an example, let's say smartphones . you can install apple iphone or even android to upgrade their firmwares or os with latest firmware, but you will notice that sometimes your device is being slow and has random issues or even permanent issues after you upgrade. So normally, there should be another option. Format and restore the firmware to stock. ;) should be available. I'm sure all android device do that, unless dji is a company like apple who developed it's own operating system by themself. Same with the drone, it is electronic product that you all bought it in a different times and it was mass production product which is you also knew "what is the worst scenario of it" anyways. But i saw that dji getting stricts about their drone and i personally think they're wrong. I can agree for limiting max altitude. But not about restricting to go back default firmwares. I love dji assistant when i receive my mavic at the first time because they allowed us to upgrade or downgrade firmwares and we can go back to the stock firmware. As in now, nope i don't like it. It's because I found that my mavic is stable using fw 700 and it's all working good. I also can't make my mavic reset to factory default "literally" to make my mavic new again as i received it before. I can't downgrade to fw 400 because my mavic goes crazy especially the gimbal. And i'm sure not all mavic drone is like my drone. And I can't upgrade to the latest because i just don't wanna ruin my experience with my mavic with all issues that everyone experienced now. I'm sure many people love being update all the time, and also the contrary. Well guys it's your choice. Let's not attack everybody because we can have our own opinion but eventually your own logic will decide what you will do by yourself anyway.

Your points are valid. The difference here is that we have discovered beyond doubt that DJI's intentions are not good. They have been banned for military use when it was discovered they were sending military data beck to China. No update since .700 (maybe .800) has added ANY benefit for the user, only more restrictions and control. It is unethical and illegal to sell somone a product that can do certain things and then later add restrictions to it.. Knowing all this (please search for info on it....you won't find it on this controlled forum) it astounds me to see all the people blindly walking off the cliff. Do yourself a huge favor and roll back to firmware .400 or .700 and enjoy your drone without all this madness!

Last edited:
Your points are valid. The difference here is that we have discovered beyond doubt that DJI's intentions are not good. They have been banned for military use when it was discovered they were sending military data beck to China. No update since .700 (maybe .800) has added ANY benefit for the user, only more restrictions and control. It is unethical and illegal to sell somone a product that can do certain things and then later add restrictions to it.. Knowing all this (please search for info on it....you won't find it on this controlled forum) it astounds me to see all the people blindly walking off the cliff. Do yourself a huge favor and roll back to firmware .400 or .700 and enjoy your drone without all this madness!

Hi, as a new member to these forums, can someone point me/details the benefits of .400 and .700 firmwares?

Thanks

Hi, as a new member to these forums, can someone point me/details the benefits of .400 and .700 firmwares?

Thanks

In a nutshell, these firmwares were designed before DJI started putting excessive limitations on the Mavic. And it's not just the firmware, it's the parameters you can adjust (perfectly legally) within the firmware. Do some key word searching in a search engine and you will find information very quickly....Best of luck!

In a nutshell, these firmwares were designed before DJI started putting excessive limitations on the Mavic. And it's not just the firmware, it's the parameters you can adjust (perfectly legally) within the firmware. Do some key word searching in a search engine and you will find information very quickly....Best of luck!

...no doubt there is plenty pilots here that can guide you to where you can find all the must have details.

I have a 2017 27" 5k iMac and 4K video open just fine.
What model iMac you using?
My Mac is the same as yours. The video opens but a still will not. Like others have mentioned I get a black screen. I'm going to check my raw file driver on The Camera Guy's suggestion.

I have a 2017 27" 5k iMac and 4K video open just fine.
What model iMac you using?
My Mac is the same as yours. The video opens but a still will not. Like others have mentioned I get a black screen. I'm going to check
To open a raw file, you need to install Apples latest raw file driver. Then you can do it. Since it's a dng file, you can down load Adobes dng converter, which will also open the file.

If you are using Lightroom or Photoshop, update their RAW file. It will also open it.

You need to tell us what software you are using.
I went to the Mac store and they tried to open my files on their floor models and could not. The files would open on an older Mac book (1080 screen). I have version 10.12.6.

• All-in-One firmware version updated to v01.03.1000
  • DJI GO app iOS version updated to v4.1.7

No problems whatsoever since then.

Hi all,
I went out for the first time with the firmware 1000.
Big disappointment about picture quality, overexposure but it's more that !
I'm thinking to get back to 900 firmware.
But before downgrade, is someone tried to use different colour mode ? Like truecolor, to solve this issue ?

Hi all,
I went out for the first time with the firmware 1000.
Big disappointment about picture quality, overexposure but it's more that !
I'm thinking to get back to 900 firmware.
But before downgrade, is someone tried to use different colour mode ? Like truecolor, to solve this issue ?
Assistant 2 has no .900fw to roll back to!! they've removed it! I want .900 as well.

@mavicpro1000 have a look in the conversation

I've found an interesting review about picture difference between 900 and 1000
Testing DJI MAVIC PRO Firmware v1000 Image Quality Improvements
original source
.1000 firmware. Will ICARUS LUTs become useless? – ICARUS DJI MAVIC PRO LUTs

So it seems to have a difference only in Normal mode, Borja Velasco said :
"As far as I've been able to test, d-log or d-cine haven't changed. However when shooting in normal mode, saturation has been decreased and contrast increased. That's why people who normally shoot in normal mode have noticed such change. I don't care too much about this problem as is can be fixed setting camera adjustments to 0,-2,+2 if shooting in normal or trying to record using D-cine which shows up realistic colors."

So before downgrade I will try 0,-2,+2 and other mode before downgrade

Reactions: Dronion
I'm on .900 and I keep getting annoying messages to upgrade to .1000. This is making me want to downgrade to .700! People here say it is rock solid.

Interesting read. Went through the whole thread and I think I can save a few people a little time and worry.
What I gathered from the information posted here;
1. If you are into jailbreaking every device you own.
2. If you use Linux because Microsoft and Apple are limiting your ability to steal protected media and monitoring your illegal online activity.
3. If you use an android device that has not been updated since you obtained it because updates are for chumps and sheeple.
4. If you have the need to fly your drone in airspace that full size aircraft use often, or need to fly in restricted areas.
5. you feel more comfortable when your brain is shielded by 3 or more layers of tinfoil.
6. You are convinced that DJI wants to steal from you....

DO NOT UPDATE! Go to the dark web, find a workaround software to replace DJI's software. Look where you find the links to watch free movies and get free music without paying. This would be best since your android device is so out of date, and memory restricted that any firmware updates to your Mavic will always end up bricking something.
Rest assured, when you lose your drone after flying at 3,000ft or higher near an international airport or military installation, you can still come here and blame DJI when something goes wrong.

1. If you always do the updates on devices you own
2. If you have the latest release of windows, android or IOS
3. If you want to be sure the latest bug fixes are installed on your Mavic
4. If you don't plan on making illegal flights, or doing things with your Mavic that you don't want DJI to have access to.
5. If your hats contain little or no metal shielding
6. If you believe DJI has customer satisfaction ranked higher than covert ops.

Do the smart thing and get all the latest updates.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut