DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware 1000 for Mavic Pro. Anyone tried it?

with .1000 ????

Ok let me clarify. When I said this I had just tried the firmware myself. I hadn't read very many posts in the thread. The few I did read made it sound like the members were saying DJI had totally removed our option to adjust max altitude from the app itself.
My max altitude is limited to 500m now but you can still adjust it up to that point.....that's where the confusion was.

Personally I have no desire to fly above 500m anyway., and no it has nothing to do with the recommended 400ft ceiling. My personal opinion is if you are in an area where it is safe to fly over 400ft and you do it responsibly.......have at it. Just higher than I want my 1000 dollar toy to be in the air is all

Reactions: ezraz
Can I choose to ignore / decline this update? I see my app is asking to upgrade "nO FLY ZONE Restrictions" hmm...I understand regulations , but I like freedom to fly a bit higher from time to time in safe places

Still at .400 I was thinking of moving to .700 but after DJI's Spark announcement that after Sept 1st if you have not upgraded it will not fly. I am more apprehensive of the newer stuff having time bombs in them. I do not want to get stuck having to update to whatever DJI throws out.

Rob

Well Billy Kyle did a video on the "improved video quality".
I am not sure what he is talking about but IMHO the .900 video looks better than the new 1000. And under exposure has never been a problem for me with the Mavic, it's always been an over exposure issue hence the ND filters. Looking at the video I cannot see any real change in the Dynamic range! I think DJI has squeezed every last drop out of that lemon a long time ago.
To me the colors on 1000 look better but who knows what color setting he used. Most important thing is that it looks washed out with 1000 and I think if he backs down the exposure he's going to lose detail in dark areas.

Eh just my 2 cents
Rob

I flew 3 batteries yesterday .900 firmware then download new .1000 firmware last night on Mavic and 5 batteries. Had no issues other than it was a slowwwww down load compared to when I did the .900.

Flew two batteries today flight was smooth overall range and speed seemed real close to the same. I do think the video looked a touch sharper on the new firmware checking it out on my 60" 4K smart TV.

The only negative I noticed was both batteries seemed very hot after the flights today compare to dozens of flights on the .900 firmware. I don't remember them getting this hot I will check again tomorrow.

You'll have no choice, when you put on a battery that needs updating it will prompt you to update it. So plug each of them at home where you have time to check so that doesn't happen when you're out.
Flying Mavic since 1/3. Added 2 new bats. Changed firmware several times. Have never been prompted to upgrade batteries.
Just lucky I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: apacsman
Now there is a true "Expert" Mr. Unibrow who lives in his Mom's basement.....

LOL...He did a comparison of The Mavic Pro and The Phantom 4 Pro and gave, of course, the nod to the P4P, however, he had some of the specs wrong on the MP. He had the flight time low on the MP. He got a lot of comments from MP owners.

I have managed 4 flights since the update, my camera drift has gone and no gimbal resets...i'm also noticing everything is brighter, even turned the brightness down on my iPad.

Reactions: Dan Lee
Yea I've been trying to make sure and I did get a different brand of ND Filters but I agree the images I'm getting now are different. I'm not sure yet if it's worse or better though. I've had to change my settings because my new images are much darker.

Yea I've been trying to make sure and I did get a different brand of ND Filters but I agree the images I'm getting now are different. I'm not sure yet if it's worse or better though. I've had to change my settings because my new images are much darker.

This color calibration is clearly bad. Is other error by DJI in their firmware upgrades

It looks like DJI tried to fix the white balance with this frirmware, not sure if I want to upgrade. I actually haven't even activated my Mavic yet since I got it a week a go no time with work.

I flew two flights today. One was 10,200 feet out, with an 11,000 return. I shot video and took some RAW images.

I found the images to be the best I've seen out of a Mavic. Both the video and spectacular stills were much better than I expected.

I believe I could have flown a little bit farther, but it was over Lake Ontario, and I was worried it wouldn't make it back.

Very nice Drone.

Reactions: iQuirk and apacsman
I flew two flights today. One was 10,200 feet out, with an 11,000 return. I shot video and took some RAW images.

I found the images to be the best I've seen out of a Mavic. Both the video and spectacular stills were much better than I expected.

I believe I could have flown a little bit farther, but it was over Lake Ontario, and I was worried it wouldn't make it back.

Very nice Drone.

The color is poorly calibrated. Have you noticed a difference in color?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d