DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware 1000 for Mavic Pro. Anyone tried it?

It just got out this morning, it seems, has anyone installed it?
Here are the release notes:

Overview
  • All-in-One firmware version updated to v01.03.1000
  • DJI GO app iOS version updated to v4.1.7
  • DJI GO app Android version updated to v4.1.5

What’s New?
  • Fixed an occasional issue where DNG files couldn’t be opened.
  • Fixed an occasional issue where the camera would restart automatically during recording.
  • Fixed an occasional issue where the gimbal would drift after self-checking.
  • Limited the max descend speed to 2 m/s and max ascend speed to 3 m/s in Propeller Cage mode.
  • Improved image quality.

This firmware is also an update for DJI Goggles:
  • Added Head Tracking for Spark (with firmware v01.00.0600 or later), the Inspire 2 (with firmware v01.01.0200 or later) and the Phantom 4 (with aircraft firmware v2.0.0.16 or later and remote controller firmware 1.9.3).
  • Added remote controller signal strength icon.
  • Optimized audio quality.

Notes
  • Restart the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete.
  • Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
  • If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2, and retry.

New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (22/08/2017)
ok I installed the update and it was 230mgs and took a long time but when I first restarted ,the screen was green ,I use a iPad mine and I had to reboot it..after that I had to go in and redo all my settings,,have not flown it yet but will a little later here..Good luck you all

After the update, I checked all the settings, they were fine, the only thing I found was the camera was perfect before the update but now the footage is very poor have checked all the camera settings and were the same as the day before, so I don't know what has happened there!
Anyone else had a similar problem?

Update: Ok, after restarting the drone and controller, the update proceeded without incident, although it must have taken at least half an hour. Goggles did not appear to get an update.

Can confirm that turning off controller and Mavic and then re-connecting controller and then turning on Mavic indeed solved this issue. I too was stuck on the "Downloading 100%" message when trying to update the firmware.

So you are saying if I upgrade from .400 to the latest firmware I’ll have no additional restrictions placed on my flying in any way? I’ll update or not based on your response.
I can say the only negative that I've seen while doing all the updates so far has been the geofencing issues or Warnings and all I get from that even though I'm less than 5 miles from an airport is do I want to turn it on or off and I say no and I'm good to fly

Got and it works great. Flew to 125 feet due to area I was. Also, flew in an NFZ with authorization from DJI. Now issues what so ever, other than resetting all my settings. Wish DJI would get a backup/restore on settings in place to make life easier. Also, a bunch of my other apps have no issues remembering settings between updates, DJI just does not get it yet.

Each new battery I put in, gets an update as well which takes about 5 minutes.

Mike

Reactions: TroutboyNZ
Anyone havin problems accessing the DAT files after .1000 update? I cannot open the drive with the logs from the drone. It seems like it cannot mount the drive. Win 7 x64.

Easy update from 900 to 1000. Seems to have stopped the Gimbal Reset in longer flights and the white balance is MUCH better. All good here and no distance limitation. Also updated 3 batteries

Reactions: Logger
Upgraded to .1000, took it out for a test flight and nothing changed that I've noticed. I can still set max altitude at 500m and I still can't open a 4k photo on my new imac.

Reactions: MrsTreat
OK based on what I’m hearing I’m going to go from .400 to latest firmware. Wish me luck boyz.
Don't be too fast to do it!:eek: It also lowers the climb/decend rate,and sets the max at 500m. The last part dosen't really bother me,but I don't need to throttle down the decend rate. Sometimes it's good to be able to get down faster.

Country Club Road.JPG
The image quality is better, imo. Pictures are certainly brighter.
Yours were dark?:confused: I can adjust the camera exposure if I want brighter. This was shot with .900 update.

Last edited:
Don't be too fast to do it!:eek: It also lowers the climb/decend rate,and sets the max at 500m. The last part dosen't really bother me,but I don't need to throttle down the decend rate. Sometimes it's good to be able to get down faster.

500m is the highest number you can enter for altitude in version .400 too.

I'm getting gimbal errors since updating. It flops around and is completely unusable.

Redo the upgrade but use your computer and the DJI assistant software. I have found this method to be better, faster.

If you want to see some samples of quality, please check out this video.

Reactions: MonteGoodyk
500m is the highest number you can enter for altitude in version .400 too.
The 500m altitude thing. I thought it was agreed to remain under 400 feet, which is 120m roughly. 500m is 1500 feet, and is way outta sight. Plus, what can you see at that altitude. Nothing. Why break the law and waste your batteries.

I don't get it.

Reactions: Jay78412
Upgraded to .1000, took it out for a test flight and nothing changed that I've noticed. I can still set max altitude at 500m and I still can't open a 4k photo on my new imac.

To open a raw file, you need to install Apples latest raw file driver. Then you can do it. Since it's a dng file, you can down load Adobes dng converter, which will also open the file.

If you are using Lightroom or Photoshop, update their RAW file. It will also open it.

You need to tell us what software you are using.

Ok I would like some input on this. I've been flying the inspire1 for 2 years now with no real problems at all. A month ago I was on vacation in Colorado and had to do an update cause it grounded my drone. After the update and restart and a calibration I test flew it to 101'. Was acting a little strange so I brought it back down. Unfortunately it would not stop descending and slammed into the ground causing major damage. I am currently dealing with dji arguing that it was a firmware related crash. Because of this I bought the mavic on august 8th. Been flying it with awesome results. Last Tuesday was prompted to do the new updates. On the second attempt the updates completed and I followed all the instructions on restart and resetting the things it put back to default. I turned everything back on and used the auto takeoff button. Confirmed by sliding the bar over and the mavic raised to 4'. At this point it should have stopped and hovered but it did not. It immediately took off backwards and kinda sideways and hit my house falling about a total of 8' to the concrete patio and knocking the battery out of it. Going back and looking at the flight log and the stick movements it shows it taking off with no stick movement then shows both sticks simultaneously moving at the exact same percentages and at that point and time it was sitting on the table in front of me and I was not even holding it. Has anyone else experienced anything even remotely similar to this? Or am I just the unlucky guy the gets two weird firmware flukes and ruins 3K in drones in 1 month?

I have a 2017 27" 5k iMac and 4K video open just fine.
What model iMac you using?

Last edited:
I updated mine to the latest. 2 batteries did not require updating though.
Flew on last Friday.

Ungraded image using ND8.
DJI_0207.JPG

Last edited:
The 500m altitude thing. I thought it was agreed to remain under 400 feet, which is 120m roughly. 500m is 1500 feet, and is way outta sight. Plus, what can you see at that altitude. Nothing. Why break the law and waste your batteries.

I don't get it.

If you're shooting a high rise, tower, etc you might need to fly well over 400ft. And legally you can fly 400ft above that structure, so 500m is definitely a possibility

Reactions: The Camera Guy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_