DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware Here !

Great update!, please any Mavic 3 owner can let me know if there are more ISOs available in DLog profile? there was 400 and 800 until now, which I think it is a bit dark as highest ISO, would love to see at least one higher ISO option.

Still only 400 and 800. I too am hoping for a 200 and 1200 option in future.

Install the firmware at 12am this morning, happy that they fix the issues with the Rc pro it’s very welcome I am also loving the new layout of the aperture, and shutter, iso in one bracket. can adjust all of them in one place. We of to a good start, i will get out later today and give it a test run as the weather is looking pretty good today 48 Degree and sunny.

I'm in UK hoping it wont be as locked down as US region

Couple of observations.

1. Panoramas shouldn't be interrupted during stitching, it stops the process... possibly. I tried to move the M3 once by accident, once on purpose. The second one was almost done, and I got a complete image. Needs more tests
  2. Satellite acquisition is not one bit better for me. No change. This is unfortunate with how long we wait for fixes lately. Is anyone seeing improvement here? I saw a comment "fast gps" earlier.
  3. Not sure how Quick Transfer is initiated, possibly through an IPV6 wifi direct connection. Need to explore since conventional downloads are actually much slower. 5-5.5 MB/s best speed I'm getting.
  4. Had another "Wide Angle Lens Attached - Shooting in quickshots not available. Landed and re-secured my VND filter and it cleared up. People out there pulling out the pogo pin contacts having mixed results. Wonder if one or several of the hooks that hold filters and lens have slightly longer "grab fingers" (lol don't know what to call them")
  5. Not entirely clear on caching/downloads to RC Pro SD card. I see a selection choice in DJI Fly, but now its JUST the SD card or the 8Gb internal on the Aircraft. No choice for the SDcard in the Aircraft, lol. Also not sure if that's just for caching, includes downloading or not. Testing today. I suspect it's just for cached video. When I tried "Save to album" I got "Insufficient storage" but straight "download" of a few batteries worth of Videos/Panos/Quickshots, it downloaded no problem. So "Album" is internal storage and "download: must be to the card. I have so many filed copied everywhere I am getting confused. It doesn't help thar the "i" info button above video/photo tells you very little "info". Frame rate, H.264/ H.265, etc. No path, or location.
I will be wiping the RC Pro later and clearing the 512gb Sdcard so I can have a clean slate.

Forget about 4G LTE dongle. DJI has no plan to release it in North America anytime soon.

They never did plan a North America release, at least not from the Mavic 3 announcement date forward. As soon as FAA heard, they probably nixed it. Encouraging BVLOS!! Sigh.

Litchi for waypoints, sure, but wouldn't it be stick mode or whatever they call it? Follow? With Litchi? I would hope Active Track 5.0 can do far better, though GOS follow has good applications as well.

They never did plan a North America release, at least not from the Mavic 3 announcement date forward. As soon as FAA heard, they probably nixed it. Encouraging BVLOS!! Sigh.

Litchi for waypoints, sure, but wouldn't it be stick mode or whatever they call it? Follow? With Litchi? I would hope Active Track 5.0 can do far better, though GOS follow has good applications as well.

FYI - DJI put 4G LTE dongle on sale in China mainland region yesterday, and it was sold out in minutes. The regular controller needs one dongle, and smart controller needs two. And that means you need to purchase either one or two SIM cards with compatible 4G data plan. The dongle consumes more than 1G data in a 30 minutes flight. Pilot also pays an annual subscription fee to use DJI's data relay server for the dongle. That's quite some cost to actually use the service.

Reactions: Paradigm
Found it! After wiping the RC Pro, and putting a fresh SDcard, I got a pop-up. "To change storage location go to Profile, Settings, Storage."

Here is the score to switch to the card as storage. I gave DJI a really hard time about this. So much and so often they gave me some good credit on DJI STORE.com. Then a few weeks later, a fix! That one worked out but it's not like I got off cheap, lol.

20220124_134818.jpg
20220124_140143.jpg

Last edited:
Also here is IPV6 Quick Transfer on the RC Pro. It's probably WiFi Direct. Trying to figure out if an actual password is needed or switch to WiFi Direct. Getting there! See the little "6" next to the icon! Yay! 😁
20220124_140809.jpg

Reactions: zeusfl
FYI - DJI put 4G LTE dongle on sale in China mainland region yesterday, and it was sold out in minutes. The regular controller needs one dongle, and smart controller needs two. And that means you need to purchase either one or two SIM cards with compatible 4G data plan. The dongle consumes more than 1G data in a 30 minutes flight. Pilot also pays an annual subscription fee to use DJI's data relay server for the dongle. That's quite some cost to actually use the service.
Please pardon my lack of knowledge. What does a person need a 4G dongle for?

Also here is IPV6 Quick Transfer on the RC Pro. It's probably WiFi Direct. Trying to figure out if an actual password is needed or switch to WiFi Direct. Getting there! See the little "6" next to the icon! Yay! 😁
View attachment 142586
I wish was 6E to transmit at 6Ghz clean frequency. I have a Netgear rax500 and is amazing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002