DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware update V01.01.1600 US Remote ID (27-Sep-2023)

You'll find in other threads that users have successfully installed the update and verified that it works. I'm sure lists will be updated at some point.

Reactions: PlaneCrazyy
Does this also affect EU users?

In EU, MA2 seems not to emit any RID broadcast in this new firmware version. I tried it for several minutes propellers spinning. Both Drone Scanner and Open Drone ID said "0 drones". And WIFIANALYZER did not show any signal suggesting towards a DJI drone.

I downloaded and installed on Tuesday of this week, but haven't yet figured out how to tell if it's working. I also checked FAA - DOC page and it's not listed yet.

It might take a while for the FAA to update the site.

I used this app to detect my drone.

If you're using an Apple product for the device, it may not show up. Something about the security of the device allows it to pick up 1 of 2 signals.

Also, the props need to be spinning to broadcast the RID and within ten seconds it should appear in the Drone scanner app.

Good luck.

I downloaded and installed it on my Air2 yesterday evening. I will install Drone Scanner later today to see how that works.

Reactions: VFR-Pilot42
I installed the update but the remote ID serial number does not appear on the "About" page; any thoughts on this?

Hello DJI Pilots,
where I can download this Firmware V 01.01.1600?
I can´t find it on dji Homepage!
Regards
Peter

Updated my Air 2 on 2/10/24 to version 1.12.8,Rid is listed as broadcasting with its 20 digit serial number displayed.
The drone and remote have to be powered up and ready to go for RID to be broadcasting and listed under the about menu.
If everything is shut off and you open the fly app nothing will show up.

I installed the update but the remote ID serial number does not appear on the "About" page; any thoughts on this?
As I understand it, the FAA recognizes only *two* valid “RID serial numbers” for the MA2. (Those are the two that appear after you click the View button.) There are only two because DJI thought they were submitting a *range* of valid serial numbers to FAA. In fact, the FAA recognized only those two numbers as valid serial numbers. Therefore, if my understanding is correct, you can’t update your MA2 registration through DroneZone because its serial number is not considered valid.

Yet.

We MA2 owners are hoping the FAA and DJI will get this straightened out by the March 16 enforcement deadline. Yes, with a firmware update our MA2 drones will broadcast RID. But we can’t update our MA2 FAA registrations on DroneZone to show that our MA2 drones are RID compliant. And that means, strictly speaking, we’re not compliant.

There is a good discussion of this, starting with Vic Moss’s post #5 at RID Serial #

I updated and registered my new to me Air 2 yesterday and it was almost too easy.
In the about page on the controller it gives a 15 digit aircraft serial #.
On the FAA site make sure you check RID compliant, add the 15 digits and i was done.
There were 2 different Air 2 MA2 numbers but I seem to remember both being compliant.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 21-31-14 FAADroneZone Recreational Flyer - Inventory.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 21-31-14 FAADroneZone Recreational Flyer - Inventory.png
    99.6 KB · Views: 7
I updated and registered my new to me Air 2 yesterday and it was almost too easy.
In the about page on the controller it gives a 15 digit aircraft serial #.
On the FAA site make sure you check RID compliant, add the 15 digits and i was done.
There were 2 different Air 2 MA2 numbers but I seem to remember both being compliant.
Thanks for that, marnat3. I’ll need to study this more closely. I didn’t think it was possible yet to do what you have done. Last time I checked the FAA list of valid, RID-compliant serial numbers for MA2, I saw only two.

Under the battery , look for the "MA2" number. Those are the compliant Air2s.
When I checked , there were two diff MA2 numbers. Both were good. Those are not the serial #s..
Pick the 1 from your Mavic and look in the about page on your controller and find the 15 digit number It will say RID or Remote id then the # Then enter it in the right space on the FAA page.
Should be good to go after. I hope this helps.
Then "GO FLY".

Last edited:
Just updated my Air 2. Drone scanner found it as soon as it powered up.
How were you able to test drone scanner while flying the drone? When I do this the motors stop and a Remote ID error is displayed on the DJI fly app as soon as I minimize the DJI Fly app. I'm using the controller hooked to my phone.

Reactions: marnat3
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078