DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware update?

Just ran a RID test with my 2S. At the moment, Drone Scanner does not work. Watching the wifi connections on my Galaxy S21 Ultra, the RID number DID come up. But, it does not broadcast continuously. I flew straight up to 390 feet. The RID signal was lost. It returned a moment later. Went out to 600 feet, 100 feet at a time, hovering there for a minute or so before going the next step. The signal would go away and return in a timed manner, no second hand, so I couldn't time it, and not due to interference(there was none, full bars on the RC Pro at all times). I completely lost RID signal at 550 feet. Anyone else see this result?
Thank you for the data, that info back up all comments in this forums that RID is live and transmitting. Good info!!!

Just ran a RID test with my 2S. At the moment, Drone Scanner does not work. Watching the wifi connections on my Galaxy S21 Ultra, the RID number DID come up. But, it does not broadcast continuously. I flew straight up to 390 feet. The RID signal was lost. It returned a moment later. Went out to 600 feet, 100 feet at a time, hovering there for a minute or so before going the next step. The signal would go away and return in a timed manner, no second hand, so I couldn't time it, and not due to interference(there was none, full bars on the RC Pro at all times). I completely lost RID signal at 550 feet. Anyone else see this result?
Great discovery bro. I just announced your discovery to the forum, giving you the credit you deserve for such a great discovery. Thank you

Great discovery bro. I just announced your discovery to the forum, giving you the credit you deserve for such a great discovery. Thank you
Not my discovery. I read someone's post about seeing the RID on the wifi list, I just confirmed it and tried to find the range.

Reactions: maggior
I will fly my UAS's tomorrow, I let you know.

Not my discovery. I read someone's post about seeing the RID on the wifi list, I just confirmed it and tried to find the range.
Well, I gave you the credit already🤣. Thanks you for your honesty, it says a lot about you character!

I tried the drone tracker app with all my drones in the air and nothing. If you look at the video they stated that due to protocols none of those apps are tracking. Folks keep claiming they are, but as far as my tests, they are not.
Depends on the phone too.

Well, I'll explain why I will not update my Air 2S anymore...I have geofencing removed and that is better than any other feature that DJI is likely to give us. When required, I will get a little add-on remote id but I will never update the firmware ever again in the foreseeable future.

Excerpt:
"Some people have a strong opinion of the information in this post and are reacting to it from a point of view I don’t think is correct from an FAA certificated pilot mindset.

The general consensus is the aircraft will still fly and manufacturers routinely discontinue products and move on.

The discontinuance of a product, like a consumer electronics device, is normal and manufacturers routinely do that for a number of reasons. Parts might not be available for your old remote control truck or the manufacturer doesn’t supply support anymore for that old television. They might want to drive you into new models to purchase.

But that is not what we are talking about here. These are aircraft flying in the National Airspace System. As pilots, we have a continued responsibility to exercise good Aeronautical Decision Making and Risk Management strategies to meet the aviation regulations.

Having the incorrect point of view would be like saying Cessna could discontinue support for the 172P model as soon as the 172Q version is rolled off the line. Aviation doesn’t work like that.

For a drone aircraft that has reached the end of development or end of support, how is the pilot going to be aware of new or ongoing issues regarding the aircraft if the manufacturer is not looking at or dealing with them anymore?

How much risk are you will to take on as the Pilot-In-Command (PIC) to put a non-certified and no longer supported aircraft in the NAS and still not violate CFR 91.13 or CFR 107.15?"

Same argument for updating firmware. We have 2 Gulfstreams, GS puts out software update, you better install. You can't say that i don't like part of that update so we are skipping it. Everyone here who does not update firmware forgets that that YOU ARE A PILOT and your drone and a 737 or Cessna are the same the eyes of the FAA.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOM112