DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware update?

I have Dronescanner installed. The Air 2S is not broadcasting RID, yet. I honestly don't believe Karens will be buying a special tool just for tracking drones. If the app won't do it - GREAT!!

Reactions: maggior
I have Dronescanner installed. The Air 2S is not broadcasting RID, yet. I honestly don't believe Karens will be buying a special tool just for tracking drones. If the app won't do it - GREAT!!
The air 2s is also broadcasting. I checked my air data notification, and it says that remote id is working. None of the phone tracking apps are working yet due to protocols.

If you look at the list of wifi networks available on your phone, you will see one that represents the remote ID on the drone once it's turned on.

Reactions: Sady
Will Remote ID also be turned on on the Air 2S if I'm flying in Europe, where currently it is not required?

I mean when the drone is turned on you'll see the WiFi network ID on your phone.
I tried the drone tracker app with all my drones in the air and nothing. If you look at the video they stated that due to protocols none of those apps are tracking. Folks keep claiming they are, but as far as my tests, they are not.

Reactions: Sady
I tried the drone tracker app with all my drones in the air and nothing. If you look at the video they stated that due to protocols none of those apps are tracking. Folks keep claiming they are, but as far as my tests, they are not.
The receiver in the video is pretty cool. They added more features, one of then is that the location of the drone and remote pilot appears on your phone via google maps. This RID reciever is handy if you have a loose cannon doing wild stuff near your house or acting irresponsible. I get my this week.

“I honestly don't believe Karens will be buying a special tool just for tracking drones.”

Haha…we already have one in the ranks….

“This RID reciever is handy if you have a loose cannon doing wild stuff near your house or acting irresponsible. I get my this week.”

Officer Doody.

Reactions: maggior

Understood, I watched the video. I just found it interesting seeing a wifi network ID pop up indicating remote ID.

Between now and September 2023 there will certainly be several updates of the firmware. Cant understand why anyone would want to sit around and not update their drone for almost a year
Because they do not want to be forced into having RID shoved down their throats until they have no choice in the matter.
If the done is flying great without the latest update and the pilots are happy with performance great,why fix it if it ain't broke.

Between now and September 2023 there will certainly be several updates of the firmware. Cant understand why anyone would want to sit around and not update their drone for almost a year
Well, I'll explain why I will not update my Air 2S anymore...I have geofencing removed and that is better than any other feature that DJI is likely to give us. When required, I will get a little add-on remote id but I will never update the firmware ever again in the foreseeable future.

Well, I'll explain why I will not update my Air 2S anymore...I have geofencing removed and that is better than any other feature that DJI is likely to give us. When required, I will get a little add-on remote id but I will never update the firmware ever again in the foreseeable future.
I noticed that too on my air 2s.

Just ran a RID test with my 2S. At the moment, Drone Scanner does not work. Watching the wifi connections on my Galaxy S21 Ultra, the RID number DID come up. But, it does not broadcast continuously. I flew straight up to 390 feet. The RID signal was lost. It returned a moment later. Went out to 600 feet, 100 feet at a time, hovering there for a minute or so before going the next step. The signal would go away and return in a timed manner, no second hand, so I couldn't time it, and not due to interference(there was none, full bars on the RC Pro at all times). I completely lost RID signal at 550 feet. Anyone else see this result?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54