DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware update?

From my understanding it is already broadcasting but you have the option of not updating the firmware.
It seems the update is a requirement within the US if you want to fly the RID enabled bird. Otherwise it will not even spin the props. Not sure when they will enforce it, but that comes directly from DJI.

It seems the update is a requirement within the US if you want to fly the RID enabled bird. Otherwise it will not even spin the props. Not sure when they will enforce it, but that comes directly from DJI.
You can fly normally now without updating the firmware. It'll be enforced September of next year (then you cannot fly unless you update). If you update now though it'll broadcast and you cannot downgrade.

You can fly normally now without updating the firmware. It'll be enforced September of next year (then you cannot fly unless you update). If you update now though it'll broadcast and you cannot downgrade.
I did update; one thing I do not like is it currently prevents you from using a 3rd party app to fly, even if you keep DJI Fly open in the background. Could have been specific to that 3rd party app; will have to try with Litchi next.

I did update; one thing I do not like is it currently prevents you from using a 3rd party app to fly, even if you keep DJI Fly open in the background. Could have been specific to that 3rd party app; will have to try with Litchi next.
What makes you think it's already broadcasting?

Yea some apps need to update to adapt. I know Map Pilot Pro didn't work but they released an update yesterday to make it compatible.

It is broadcasting. However there is both lack of apps and one of the developers did say that Apple is preventing their apps from receiving the signal for now, which is good news imo.

Sorry, I was asking mjyousse

Between now and September 2023 there will certainly be several updates of the firmware. Cant understand why anyone would want to sit around and not update their drone for almost a year

Again, how do you know?
Apples have this tight licensing agreement on which devices that will work with it. Maybe not so much on the wifi side, but more so on the Bluetooth side. If remote id Bluetooth broadcast module ain't compatible with Apple, it probably ain't happening.

Does the new firmware mean that I am now broadcasting remote id? Air 2S
If you update it will be broadcasting, but it will not appear yet on any phone drone tracking app, unless you are using a more sophisticated device.

Reactions: Sady
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78