DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote ID really built into the Air 2S? How does it work?

Folks, install a firewall app so you can control network access on an individual app basis.
Folks, I've had AdGuard on my phone for years, for blocking ads. Never considered it a firewall and never seen a place to block network access on an individual app basis.

I just did some experimentation with my Air 2S and discovered the following without using a drone scanner app.
1. iPhone can occasionally see the RID in the WIFI list but not consistently
2. RC Pro, with is Android based, can see the WIFI RID being transmitted consistently.
3. The RID is only transmitted in the propellers are moving. In other words when the Air 2S is powered up the RID is not being transmitted but the moment I start the propellers I can see it.

You might ask why I didn't just use a scanner app and the answer is:
1. They don't work on an iPhone
2. The RC Pro has access to the Amazon App Store which doesn't have any drone scanner apps. The Google Play Store is not available on the PC Pro.

I need to acquire an Android phone to run a drone scanner app for the fun of it.
On my sc I could paste a link from the play store to apk mirror then put apk on sc.

Reactions: mavictk
So, I'm trying to be a good boy and update my FAA registration for my A2S as being RID compliant. It asks me for a "RID s/n". The explanation on their website says it is "a 4 character mfg code, a 1 character length code, and allow up to 15 characters for mfg s/n." Anybody know where to get this info? The mfg s/n is obvious, but, what about the RID s/n? The website says if you don't know what it is, contact the manufacturer. Any help would be appreciated.

On DB120 it shows up in software I just enetered that number in FAA device SN field

UPDATE: I emailed the FAA about where to find the RID s/n. His response was that it is 1581, following by a 15 digit number. So, it is 1581, followed by the a/c s/n with a 0 added to the end. Glad they make this all clear so we can all be compliant. SMDH!

UPDATE: I emailed the FAA about where to find the RID s/n. His response was that it is 1581, following by a 15 digit number. So, it is 1581, followed by the a/c s/n with a 0 added to the end. Glad they make this all clear so we can all be compliant. SMDH!
Correction 1581F

Weren't you able to find the RID S/N in the DJI Fly app?
Its in the 'About' information, looks like this.
View attachment 172259
Yes, I found it. It appears that a firmware update was needed. After that, I was able to scroll through and find the info. At first, the FAA website said that was "an invalid s/n". I went back and forth with the guy from FAA to figure out why. I waited a day and entered the same exact info on the FAA website and the RID s/n was OK. No idea what happened but everything seems to be in order now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer