DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware . . . v01.03.0800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished my mavic update, was stuck at 100% on the download for about 30mins so I restarted the drone and controller and reconnected and somehow it kicked off the update part of the process.

Haven't had a chance to test it out yet due to it being dark here in the uk altho I suppose I could do some night time flying. But I don't think that's a good idea plus the weather here still hasn't improved.

Once I get a chance to fly it with the newest firmware and report back.

I've done the update and went flying for a test. I'm within the radius of a municiple airport, and there was NO CHANGE! This thread has become the biggest batch of crazy crap I have read in some while.

I've done the update and went flying for a test. I'm within the radius of a municiple airport, and there was NO CHANGE! This thread has become the biggest batch of crazy crap I have read in some while.
every FW thread turns into a crap thread until someone actually goes out and flies it for a good couple of hours, so far we have had a few flights of non existent air time with not much tested, confirmed, or actually proven i am sure over the weekend the truth will be out there one way or another, until then its a waiting game and popcorn time.

Reactions: jcp411 and Montana
For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30m and a distance of 50m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO 4 and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft.

Crap!
here we go again have you read the previous posts

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
Update complete on iPad Retina. Headed out now to test. Will update in an hour as want to fly 2 batteries and multiple locations.

I flew 4 battery's this morning just trying it out and had no issues here . Didn't try for no distance as I just got it back from being repaired from a My Bad crash but did take it out 1 mile .

Maybe not 1600, but I have been able to EASILY see my Mavic at 1000 feet in the right lighting conditions. Early evening, cloudless bright southern skies, no LEDs enabled. I just checked the map, because this is a flight I do all the time. I can't tell which way it is facing, but I can see it easily and I can see that it is a Mavic (it's not just a dot).
THAT I believe.

You can say what you want, but I wlll not back down from those statements. I'm sorry your eyesight isn't up to par (****, i've got an astigmatism in my left eye), but I absolutely without a doubt can see my Mavic up at 1640ft.

it's a tiny black dot, and may take a little bit longer to find than if it were 400ft up, but it is without a doubt visible to the naked eye.

I'm sorry you don't like the hard truth, but that's just how it is.

Now you're just being silly. Birds have incredible vision. A hawk can see a rabbit from a half mile away. Yes, a rabbit, which happens to be potentially even smaller than a Mavic.
Sorry for being late to this post but are you saying you can see your Mavic at 1640 in altitude? If so thanks for being a jerk and flying 4 times the legal height. If I have that wrong I apologize.

Reactions: FatherXmas
Sorry for being late to this post but are you saying you can see your Mavic at 1640 in altitude? If so thanks for being a jerk and flying 4 times the legal height. If I have that wrong I apologize.
For the record, 400' is not a legal limit. It is a guideline from the FAA. Legally you can fly higher than that.

This issue has been hashed to death here and on the PhantomPilots forum, and that was pretty much the conclusion.

Tin Foil Hat ???????? This is actually true --- so your here to misinform people so that they do update ?????
I rather ware a Tinfoil hat Then Be a DJI "Agent Chang"
Like I said to the other joker in that Thread ---- Try it B4 you Post about tinfoil Mr. Chang
You clearly didn't comprehend my post. So what if what you stated is true. My point was... so what? What impact does this have on you exactly?

Not true.
Initial update requires login with internet access.
Then if you haven't logged out you can fly as normal.
There is no need for internet/ cell coverage.
All they require is that initial login to accept terms of service same as you did when you first activated the new Drone.
Too much misinformation around.
Boy you aren't kidding.

@Thunderdrones - I will be the guinea pig tonight for the S7 Edge, Android 7.0 app crash over 50m out. I will be hovering at about 2 ft. Will wait for an app crash and relaunch the app and see what it does. Be ready for a PM from me in case of a crash lol.

I have a feeling since several people have said that once you connect to DJI Go with the bird on and unless you turn the bird off, the restrictions are lifted till you have to swap batteries. We shall see.

Reactions: jcp411
Based on emails I've received, the restrictions apply in China, not elsewhere.

As ever we will see soon enough I'm sure, but I'm not expecting this to be a problem outside of China.

Elsewhere, the most you'll have to do is log in once after the update, but probably not even that.
being only in china I believe that once you download it they pretty much have you right where they want you. not that they don't already.

@Thunderdrones - I will be the guinea pig tonight for the S7 Edge, Android 7.0 app crash over 50m out. I will be hovering at about 2 ft. Will wait for an app crash and relaunch the app and see what it does. Be ready for a PM from me in case of a crash lol.

I have a feeling since several people have said that once you connect to DJI Go with the bird on and unless you turn the bird off, the restrictions are lifted till you have to swap batteries. We shall see.

I'll keep a slot on the intensive care table open for you.

S7edge here. Dji go and mavic updated. Flight went on without any problems.

Ok guys, here it is:
  • Update on iPad Retina took 17 minutes and had zero issues.
  • Various settings seem to have defaulted back to manufacturer defaults.
  • I am within 5 miles of several hospital landing pads and 1 airport. In .700, I had to turn off the GEO System in order to take off from my home.
  • After an initiated take off, everything seemed ok except that the MP seemed to be a bit unstable in zero wind conditions while hovering. Nothing major but just a bit off. Hard to explain.
  • After take off, I attempted to switch to 4K filming but there was no option for it. I'm assuming there's a setting I have wrong and will look for it.
  • While flying, I attempted to switch to sport mode but was unable. See the attached photo.
  • While flying, I also received the attached message when returning home. This didn't display during takeoff.
  • The various modes seem to be ok so far. IMG_0438.png IMG_0437.png IMG_0436.png
  • Massive concern is that the MP is definitely less responsive. Braking took a subjective 10-15ft to stop in zero wind conditions. When yawing right or left, it took approximately 5-10ft to stop. There was a definite delay not in response to the command/controls but in order to come to a stop. Before the update, it was at least half that distance. I almost crashed when coming in to land as wasn't prepared for it. I'm hoping it's a setting as well.
  • The responsiveness and speed in regular mode seems to be dialed down as well. Again, not sure how to explain except to say it's not as "Snappy" as it used to be.
Hope that helps as I'm headed back out. Let me know if there are any questions or things you want tested.

For the record, 400' is not a legal limit. It is a guideline from the FAA. Legally you can fly higher than that.

This issue has been hashed to death here and on the PhantomPilots forum, and that was pretty much the conclusion.
Love it when someone who has no idea what they're saying decides to come out as the drone police.

LOL, backfired in his face. Nice comment.

Reactions: grizzard
THAT I believe.
So let me get this straight -- you believe that at 1000 ft, it can be easily made out as a DJI Mavic, not a dot, but somehow when we increase to 1500+, it just magically goes invisible?

You realize how silly that sounds, right? You don't go from being able to fully identify the device in the air from 1000ft, to suddenly being invisible with a 50% increase in distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efe