Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware . . . v01.03.0800

Status
Not open for further replies.
I so sorry that I bought the mavic pro
Dji had lost one customer for the googles
I will never buy something from them again and I hope many people do same as me
Why.....even with the .800 firmware the mavic flies very well!

TimV - can you check which type of area your neighborhood is according to the DJI geo system website?

Specifically, I live near the class D for a small airport, which I've gotten used to calling for notification when I'm flying (just within) their airspace. Not being able to fly, though, that'd be a pain. I was planning to do some flying like that tonight, so I'm curious as to what to expect. Checking the geo system, that area is listed as an "Enhanced warning zone" right now. In the past, that's just meant I had to click a couple of acknowledgements in the DJI app (and nothing at all if flying Litchi).

Unfortunately it's in a restricted zone due to proximity to a military base (Fort Benning). I believe you are right that it is not due to the Class D airspace that also exists within this restricted space.

the New update of NFZ makes all yellow zones REQUIRE a 3 day authorization. No way around that I could find, as my house is within a massive 40km yellow warning zone near Eglin AFB. I tried rolling back to .600 and reinstalling the app and no luck. Appears once you update dji stores the zones in an area of memory that is not changed by firmware flashes. Sucks...

Yellow, but not green?

But, yeah, sorry to hear you're going to have to auth every few days. I'm hoping airmap.io or someone finally gets things figured out soon so that electronic advisory+permission can be quickly granted in-app for these sorts of situations.

And, what if you got an appropriate 107 + waiver, you'd still have to do the auth every 3 days, regardless?

Reactions: jcp411 and dslater
That's completely unacceptable. Changes the core functionality of the product, essentially now stating that a compatible Android or iOS device is required for core flight functions.

That's how lawsuits get filed, regardless of any amount of legal language they stick in the update agreements. Not saying who'd win or lose, but this is exactly how the lawsuits start.

And unless DJI changes the product information pre-sale, they're going to be in for a world of hurt with this move.
Nope. You obviously have absolutely no actual expertise, experience, or understanding regarding tort law for you to make such claims.

My goodness, errors in marketing collateral or packaging material -- ESPECIALLY errors caused by outdated materials -- happens all day, every day. If this was a legitimate basis for any kind of meaningful tort with compensation, we'd see these suits constantly, and people getting rich.

Here's the real world: A person who has a successful tort is entitled to "being made whole", which means compensating them for their legitimate damages. What are an individual's damages in this case?

Marketing and/or packaging claims the product has a feature it doesn't. Again, this happens all the time. This sort of issue was settled in courts long, long ago, and there is ample precedent. Want to know what the cure is for such damages? Return the product and get a full refund.

That's it! You can not claim you've suffered any actionable harm other than what you paid for the product that doesn't do what you want. You are never entitled to be enriched by a tort -- you are only entitled to be made whole. For this reason, you are not entitled to keep the product AND get a refund, you are only entitled, under the law, to be put back in the same state you were in before you purchased the product.

This means return for a full refund.

And that, folks, is the actual, real-world legal landscape for this. Given these facts, this would never make it into a courtroom, but would be tossed as frivolous, with an instruction to go get a refund.

Armchair lawyers, sheesh!

Last edited:
the New update of NFZ makes all yellow zones REQUIRE a 3 day authorization. No way around that I could find, as my house is within a massive 40km yellow warning zone near Eglin AFB. I tried rolling back to .600 and reinstalling the app and no luck. Appears once you update dji stores the zones in an area of memory that is not changed by firmware flashes. Sucks...

And that is what the true problem with the new firmware is! No matter how many .400 downgrades you do. And now for the $1300 question: what happens when you have to send in a mavic or remote for warranty or refresh?

Reactions: nveer
I can easily see my drone 400 ft up orientate it, and navigate, and can still quickly spot it even at 1640ft up.
I don't want to call you a liar, but you must be mistaken or exaggerating.

Simply put, what you claim is humanly impossible. There's no gray area here. The best performance every for human sight falls well short of your claim. WAY short.

If you're going to insist that yes, in fact you can see the Mavic at 1600ft, You will have to prove it, as I know, with absolute certainty, that you can't.

Hell, Hawks do not have that kind of visual resolution.

I installed .800 at home and made sure i was logged in. Then I went outside in the fields with no internet connection on my iPad. I could fly without a problem to hundreds of meters away and to more than 120m altitude. I then switched to Litchi mid flight and it all still worked flawlessly.
I flew three batteries so the mavic was powered down a few times. Things were working without a problem and without any internet connection. I even noticed that the NFZ that was too big just near my house now has the right size. When I walked into it it gave me a warning but that is all. And I can still disable the Geo setting and the warning disappears.
So in short here in Switzerland all is well with .800 :)

I installed .800 at home and made sure i was logged in. Then I went outside in the fields with no internet connection on my iPad. I could fly without a problem to hundreds of meters away and to more than 120m altitude. I then switched to Litchi mid flight and it all still worked flawlessly.
I flew three batteries so the mavic was powered down a few times. Things were working without a problem and without any internet connection. I even noticed that the NFZ that was too big just near my house now has the right size. When I walked into it it gave me a warning but that is all. And I can still disable the Geo setting and the warning disappears.
Disable the Geo setting near a NFZ will Restrict your Mavic no matter what you say

I don't want to call you a liar, but you must be mistaken or exaggerating.

Simply put, what you claim is humanly impossible. There's no gray area here. The best performance every for human sight falls well short of your claim. WAY short.

If you're going to insist that yes, in fact you can see the Mavic at 1600ft, You will have to prove it, as I know, with absolute certainty, that you can't.

****, Hawks do not have that kind of visual resolution.
You can say what you want, but I wlll not back down from those statements. I'm sorry your eyesight isn't up to par (hell, i've got an astigmatism in my left eye), but I absolutely without a doubt can see my Mavic up at 1640ft.

it's a tiny black dot, and may take a little bit longer to find than if it were 400ft up, but it is without a doubt visible to the naked eye.

I'm sorry you don't like the hard truth, but that's just how it is.

****, Hawks do not have that kind of visual resolution.

Now you're just being silly. Birds have incredible vision. A hawk can see a rabbit from a half mile away. Yes, a rabbit, which happens to be potentially even smaller than a Mavic.

Disable the Geo setting near a NFZ will Restrict you Mavic no matter what you say
You can say what you want, but I wlll not back down from those statements. I'm sorry your eyesight isn't up to par (****, i've got an astigmatism in my left eye), but I absolutely without a doubt can see my Mavic up at 1640ft.

it's a tiny black dot, and may take a little bit longer to find than if it were 400ft up, but it is without a doubt visible to the naked eye.

I'm sorry you don't like the hard truth, but that's just how it is.
1640ft.?????????????????? You can still see it and control it with no FPV???? That's BS buddy

Reactions: Alexpode
Disable the Geo setting near a NFZ will Restrict you Mavic no matter what you say

1640ft.?????????????????? You can still see it and control it with no FPV???? That's BS buddy
What exactly is difficult about moving forward, back, left, right, and up/down?

I never once said I could control the camera functions effectively (which youre clearly hinting at), but that's not what the discussion was about. We were discussing being able to control and use the mavic without the camera. And there's no debate as to whether it can be done from that height.

Not everyone HAS to use a camera to fly their drones, hence drones without cameras. DJI never advertised the Mavic as requiring a tablet or phone to fly -- that's just to use a lot of the features. Core flight functionalities (navigating) have always been stated as possible without an app.

Reactions: jcp411
I'm not calling you a liar ---- do you realize how far that it is too see an object as small as the Mavic at that distance??????????
What exactly is difficult about moving forward, back, left, right, and up/down?

I never once said I could control the camera functions (which youre clearly hinting at), but that's not what the discussion was about. We were discussing being able to control and use the mavic without the camera. And there's no debate as to whether it can be done from that height.
I'm not talking about the camera function -- I'm talking about not using it at all and still be able to control the Mavic

Last edited:
I'm not calling you a liar ---- do you realize

I'm not talking about the camera function -- I'm talking about not using it at all and still be able to control the Mavic
Yeah I dont understand how this is difficult for you to get.

Agree to disagree. I just flew the thing yesterday at 1500ft and was controlling it via LOS for a minute or two, just watching it move around. Did I use the app? Sure, but at times I controlled and watched it via eyesight only.

Why is it so hard to accept that this is doable?

Better question -- have you even bothered to try this out, or are you just spouting off nonsense because you feel like it's not possible? Go try it yourself. Not exactly much risk of a crash while maneuvering at that height (assuming youre flying legally/safely).

Reactions: jcp411
Well if you can see it at that distance you better not take your eyes off of it -- For if you do You will not see it
At that distance you know your looking at something smaller then a nat that's right in front of your face

Reactions: james brooke
I sometimes have the feeling that DJI has implemented different rules for different countries. In France for example when I disabled Geo it behaved like you said. In Switzerland it will drop all NFZ warnings in the area where i live when turning off Geo mode. Go figure!!??

Reactions: jcp411 and mildim
I sometimes have the feeling that DJI has implemented different rules for different countries. In France for example when I disabled Geo it behaved like you said. In Switzerland it will drop all NFZ warnings in the area where i live when turning off Geo mode. Go figure!!??
I think your right --- They did (DJI) say it will be according to your geographic location ---- For now ?????lolllll

You can say what you want, but I wlll not back down from those statements. I'm sorry your eyesight isn't up to par (****, i've got an astigmatism in my left eye), but I absolutely without a doubt can see my Mavic up at 1640ft.
Nope. You're simply honestly mistaken, or lying.

Resolving an object 9"x3"x2.5" (the arms are completely irrelevant at this distance) at 1600 feet is not humanly possible. Period.

Don't take my word for it. Ask your optometrist, and when he stops laughing he'll tell you to give him some of what you're smoking.

As for the Hawk, you just keep digging deeper. While Hawks have exceptional acuity, the best they can do is spot a Rabbit at about a half mile limit (2640ft). You are claiming visual acuity better than half that of a Hawk. Absurd.

Hawks on average, have about 8x the visual acuity of humans. Which would put the limits of a human being spotting a rabbit at about 300-400 feet (an American football field), which -- surprise! -- is about right for most people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredFulf