DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware . . . v01.03.0800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Updated... just downloaded and restarted everything. Ran a nice little Night Flight to boot post-FW update. NITR - No issues to report - iPhone 7 Plus interface. Flew high 1610'. Flew out far and turned around and came home. Again, NITR - No Issues to Report. Had to re-adjust camera settings to D-Log, WB, etc, also RTH height (and height limit as well to 500 m) and video cache to my preferred settings- so be sure to check those settings!!! Updated geofence afterwards. Again, NITR- no issues to report. Live and fly in southwest Florida USA. Happy Flying!

Last edited:
I don't recommend anybody try to prove this --- You will loose your Bird!!!!!

Why would you lose your bird? You have to try to lose these things.

Just did my update to .800 using S7edge and a 4G connection. Took about 25 minutes to complete including updating 3 batteries. No obvious changes in my setting so should be good to go. Hopefully have three days of flying ahead. Manually Logged out of my DJIGo4 account. Powered everything off and on again afterwards. fired up Litchi and can see no sign of distance restrictions. Will of course need to log back in again to use Go.
(BTW - I can see my Mavic as a speck out to 2,600' or 800m in ideal conditions having tested like @Strafe. :eek:)

Reactions: ceirsik
Visual acuity. The human eye can resolve one arc minute under good conditions. At 1640 feet, that would mean an object of 0.48 feet, or nearly six inches. So, theoretically, seeing a Mavic at that distance is possible. But what would you see? A dot. FWIW, I make a living doing visibility analysis. I just could not resist doing a little math after reading this thread. And I will waIt a bit before upgrading my firmware, although it looks pretty safe so far.
Sorry to bring this up again...

Are you taking into account the lights on the Mavic.?

Reactions: acerbale
Not sure if this was asked and answered yet - does the new firmware allow flying with just the remote and goggles, or do you need a mobile device now with the remote and goggles?

I don't understand how so many fail to understand what is so clear and simple. I'm really wondering if people generally are just dumb and granite.

I've read a few posts across two threads, and that was all I needed to get the complete, accurate picture, which I will summarize here:
  • .800 implements the flight restrictions that have consumed this forum for the last few weeks.
  • With .800, all users must use at least GO4 version 4.1.0 or later (4.0.8 might be okay, but I'd ignore it)
  • After updating to .800, users outside the US must be connected to the internet with their smart device, and log in to their DJI account through the GO4 app after connecting to the aircraft in order to lift the 30m/50m alt/dist restrictions. This is necessary only once outside the US; for China users, login will be required every 3 months.
  • Each time the aircraft is powered on, it must connect to the GO4 app to disable the flight restrictions. However, an internet connection, and login to DJI account is not required so long as the user did not log out in the app.
  • To use third-party apps, the aircraft must first be connected to GO4 to disable flight restrictions. Then GO4 can be exited, and the third part app can be connected and used, provided the aircraft is not power cycled.
  • NFZ behavior is also updated/changed; at least one users has reported that some of the NFZ problems seem to have been fixed/improved
That's basically it. Wasn't hard to distill from the postings. Not sure why people have so much trouble "getting it". Perhaps they aren't bothering to read anything in these threads before they spout off?

Me? I'm staying right where I am on .400 for the foreseeable future.

I found your response very helpful.

Weird?? But now i know.My NFZ updated first before the .008 was flash on starting the mp as a new update released :)
Ill test it later with both nfz n fw upgraded. Like i was flying it yesterday with the NFZ was only updated. :)

DJI is asking for a class action lawsuit. You can't sell a product and then change the features significantly after sale via forced firmware updates. Sony lost a a big suit due to that exact situation with the PS3 as they removed the install your own OS feature after people found a way to use that to pirate games. Just because people are using your product in a way you don't like, doesn't give you the right to make the product less useful after purchase.

This is sad really, but predictable. What happens if you don't want to use the app anymore and just want to use the goggles? Can anyone confirm that you have flight restrictions when only using the remote and goggles?? I don't know where this ends, but if you updated and now can't fly in the area you used to fly in without any issue, I feel for you. I don't see this going well for DJI going forward.

*and just for the record...I didn't update, for fear this might happen. The Mavic is a great flier, and I hope this gets straightened out for those that now can't fly in their area without going through hoops. This discussion shouldn't be about who is right and who is wrong. It should be about how we can ALL enjoy the Mavic. Isn't that why we put down our hard earned $$?*

I don't understand how so many fail to understand what is so clear and simple. I'm really wondering if people generally are just dumb and granite.

I've read a few posts across two threads, and that was all I needed to get the complete, accurate picture, which I will summarize here:
  • .800 implements the flight restrictions that have consumed this forum for the last few weeks.
  • With .800, all users must use at least GO4 version 4.1.0 or later (4.0.8 might be okay, but I'd ignore it)
  • After updating to .800, users outside the US must be connected to the internet with their smart device, and log in to their DJI account through the GO4 app after connecting to the aircraft in order to lift the 30m/50m alt/dist restrictions. This is necessary only once outside the US; for China users, login will be required every 3 months.
  • Each time the aircraft is powered on, it must connect to the GO4 app to disable the flight restrictions. However, an internet connection, and login to DJI account is not required so long as the user did not log out in the app.
  • To use third-party apps, the aircraft must first be connected to GO4 to disable flight restrictions. Then GO4 can be exited, and the third part app can be connected and used, provided the aircraft is not power cycled.
  • NFZ behavior is also updated/changed; at least one users has reported that some of the NFZ problems seem to have been fixed/improved
That's basically it. Wasn't hard to distill from the postings. Not sure why people have so much trouble "getting it". Perhaps they aren't bothering to read anything in these threads before they spout off?

Me? I'm staying right where I am on .400 for the foreseeable future.

Perhaps these supposed, generally dumb and granite people get confused when you "spout off " and post incorrect assertions about firmware you have no experience with?

I actually just test flew just .800 now. All worked fine.

I had no problems powering on aircraft, firing up Litchi and flying without restriction, without ever launching or connecting to GO4... No requirement for it to see DJIGo4 first (which btw I manually logged out of prior to closing about an hour prior to flying). That box was ticked during the update process.

Not enough space in town to test out Fixed Wing + gimbal tilt, without overflying houses. - will have to wait til I go bush.

DJI is asking for a class action lawsuit. You can't sell a product and then change the features significantly after sale via forced firmware updates. Sony lost a a big suit due to that exact situation with the PS3 as they removed the install your own OS feature after people found a way to use that to pirate games. Just because people are using your product in a way you don't like, doesn't give you the right to make the product less useful after purchase.

Just that there is no forced update...

Just that there is no forced update...

There wasn't a truly forced update for Sony either. But it was implied as new games required it. I think the same situation applies with the Goggles. You don't think all this nonsense occurring at the same time as the Goggle support update is a coincidence do you?

I believe all those calling about a class action just get on with it and go ahead.
Interested to see how far you get.
No restrictions or curtailment has happened with me apart from the Obvious one of not flying at an airstrip.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:All they ask is that an approved app is used in flight.
Glitches with goggles may be a one owner glitch or across the board or they just need resetting.
Also the Spark is out which is linked through Go 4 app.
I will probably stay on 7 for a while but happy so far with it.
And further my Windows 10/ Drivers/ games settings need updating on a regular basis.
Same as the Anti Virus programmes/ photo editing software etc.
And yet again my old Iphone4 is no longer supported so to get some of the newer programmes I needed to get the Iphone6.

An edit for clarity I am on .800 not 7 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Today i just put on decals on my mavic, turn it on and I got the exact notification.. and press ignore.. what will happen next? If i decide not to upgrade will i get the limited distance??? Cant fly right now its midnight, only have time to fly this weekend..
0f65f7457be261bc6f67a8ce42258b0a.jpg

Updated, get a chance to fly my mavic during lunch time. Flew the whole 27mins and couple hundreds meter, it fly fine with the distance limit notification earlier.

BUT now my vps error is back!!! Wth?!? The ac is still on fw400 and it fly perfectly before. FYI i updated the go4 app 2 weeks ago, and keeping the ac fw400 till now, how is this happened?? I now probably have to update the latest firmware.

I think i've got my self a lemon mavic.. i have a vps eror since day one 2016, and so glad when they fixed my problems on fw400 feb 2017. So i keeping the ac fw until today. And out of the blue it start the problem again this is frustrating..

Reactions: mrclfr
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky