DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new firmware

Did you select the "record precise position (or similar)" (little checkbox below the auto take-off slider?
This is supposed to ascend higher and gain better precision landing data...

Are yes you are correct I did select it and and yes it will go higher with it, My bad having a brain blank as I normally take off manually cheers for reminding me

Reactions: YogY
upfraded yesterday to .550 did not fly it yet but now on the map I don't have the NFZ that I used to have above an old landing field from the pacific war next to my place. and this is a big plus !

I did have to redo all my settings except gimbal

will do IMU compass and controller calibration before next take off

Dji Assistant 2 no longer working I have tried the old version and the new version on windows 10. I guess I'll try and upgrade the firmware via the phone. any one got any
Ideas on how to fix this
Cheers
Mike
Strange...on Mac OS Sierra it worked perfectly

Reactions: Bintryin
just updated to .550 and did a test flight up to 1200m and 220m height, no problems detected, only lost 1 bar of range but that was because of the tree`s :D

Reactions: Bintryin
I didn't notice any improvement in windy conditions outside (15mph winds) at 10-200ft, but it does fly well enough.

I might skip this 550 upgrade. GO4 checked my 500 and claimed it is the latest firmware 5 out of 6 flights. Only one of the flights after landing with 30% battery left, GO4 showed firmware upgraded was needed???

I got my Mavic the first of January and using my Droid Turbo I have never had even one issue . I've flown the latest FW since the day they got released . I upgraded to .550 yesterday and flew two batteries in the same location as 90% of my flights and had severe video freezes and the app disconnected twice during flight . I never got over 700 feet away each time . It's very windy today so looks like Monday before I can do another flight but this has me concerned :(

By video freezes , you mean lagging of the video transmission from the drone on your phone ?

Did you manage to fix the issue ?

I am asking because a have the same problem.

Yikes, I just opened my Mavic and was planning do a test flight today but maybe I'll stick with .400 for now. With some issues people are having with .550 I may just stay with .400 or perhaps upgrade to .500?

Yikes, I just opened my Mavic and was planning do a test flight today but maybe I'll stick with .400 for now. With some issues people are having with .550 I may just stay with .400 or perhaps upgrade to .500?

What issues on .550? The issues are with .500.

Had an issue with my controller earlier.

I was nearing 35% on a fresh battery and my phone showed Disconnected. The controller, however, was still connected to the Mavic.

With the Mavic hovering still, I tried unplugging my phone. It made the connection sound when plugged back in, but remained "disconnected" according to GO4. Restarted app, same issue.

Landed, restarted controller and app, and it connected fine.

I'm not sure if this is due to me having installed DJI GO alongside GO4 earlier in the day to test an OSMO Mobile, or if it's down to 550. I've uninstalled the older app, and will monitor things this weekend.

Had an issue with my controller earlier.

I was nearing 35% on a fresh battery and my phone showed Disconnected. The controller, however, was still connected to the Mavic.

With the Mavic hovering still, I tried unplugging my phone. It made the connection sound when plugged back in, but remained "disconnected" according to GO4. Restarted app, same issue.

Landed, restarted controller and app, and it connected fine.

I'm not sure if this is due to me having installed DJI GO alongside GO4 earlier in the day to test an OSMO Mobile, or if it's down to 550. I've uninstalled the older app, and will monitor things this weekend.

Android or iOS?

I've done the new update.The hover on this is amazing...was good before but now it's even better.....

I've done the new update.The hover on this is amazing...was good before but now it's even better.....

I am not saying your wrong, but sometimes human perception is hard to overcome. If they say it's better we tend to think we see the difference. I am not upgrading but it sure would be interesting to see a super long exposure ND filtered DSLR photograph of a hover before and after the upgrade.
The thing hovers so well now that saying it's better is like saying this water is wetter than the old water :D

Rob

Reactions: RobP62
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inecho