DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New flier from eastern Oregon

Sandpiper270

Reactions
Hi all! I am from the Hermiston, Oregon area, a rural area. I am new to flying drones, and very new in the learning process. I have a small 10 acre farm to fly around and learn. I have broken a Mavic 2 zoom, hope to get parts tomorrow to repair it. I think the ESC board is dead. None of the lights or motors on the legs do anything at turn-on, but the video feed is good. In the meantime I am practicing with a Mavic Mini. I am very happy with the quality of pictures I am getting from the Mini. I will probably post some information about the operation of the ESC board as I learn about it. I don't see schematics here for that board. I think it is similar in nature to the circuitry for the Mavic Phantom that was described and documented in the Phantom 2 forum by na5n.

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup
Thank you! I have been looking through forum posts and have already learned quite a bit. I am currently flying the MM with a Samsung tablet. I ordered the mount that seemed most recommended here, and it should be arriving via UPS in the next few hours.

Thanks to all the kind replies! I was practicing coordinated turns with the M2Z when I got too close to a tree and the drone came down. Broke the of the little tab on each the rear legs that limit the angular movement of the legs, have one of those repaired, the other one still needs to be changed out but still flies OK. Also broke a left front swivel pin on the leg mount to the chassis, that is also repaired. Somewhere late in the repair process the ESC board stopped controlling anything. I have it replaced now, and am back flying the M2Z. I still don't know what took out the ESC board, it worked after the crash. I think one of the motor control MOSFETs is bad and overheating. I haven't determined which winding it was driving, but I think it was a front motor. Happened about the time I was replacing the hinge pin on the left front leg, but doing that doesn't require touching any exposed electrical things. It does require some movement of the wired going into that leg, so maybe that is a clue.
Wishing I had a slip-skid indicator, it is hard to judge that at a distance. More practice required!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky