DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New flyer from Chapel Hill, North Carolina

devellis

Reactions
Hey, folks. I'm a new member who decided to go to a nearby Meetup of drone flyers a month ago and ended up buying my first drone -- an Air 2S -- just a couple of days later. This past weekend, I went back to the Meetup gathering, this time with something to fly and it was great fun. For those of you nearby, I'd certaily welcome some additional suggestions for places to fly in the North Carolina ariangle area. The location in Raleigh is nice enough but the drive to and from is longer than the duration of the meetup and I'd prefer something a bit more scenic and local, if such a thing exists. Having lived in North Carolina for more than 40 years, I know it's full of beautiful places but I've never thought about them from the perspective of where you can or can't fly a drone. Don't want to break any rules or anger any property owners.

By way of introduction, I retired from UNC Chapel Hill (School of Public Health) about 10 years ago, so I have the time to pursue recreational interests. I've done photography as a hobby for decades on and off. I had my own darkroom for a number of years and worked almost exclusively in b&w before digital made working with color so easy. I haven't done too much with video but would like to do more. I see drones as a way to expand that in a new direction. I hope to get Part 107 certification just to cover whatever situations might arise and am going through the Pilot-Institute online course now to prep for the exam. It's a lot of new information, but I enjoy learning new stuff and as long as I'm patient, I think it will go well. My brother, who lives a few miles from me, is also a new drone flyer. We'd both enjoy learning from others in the area about great poaces to fly. Look forward to being a part of this group.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hey, folks. I'm a new member who decided to go to a nearby Meetup of drone flyers a month ago and ended up buying my first drone -- an Air 2S -- just a couple of days later. This past weekend, I went back to the Meetup gathering, this time with something to fly and it was great fun. For those of you nearby, I'd certaily welcome some additional suggestions for places to fly in the North Carolina ariangle area. The location in Raleigh is nice enough but the drive to and from is longer than the duration of the meetup and I'd prefer something a bit more scenic and local, if such a thing exists. Having lived in North Carolina for more than 40 years, I know it's full of beautiful places but I've never thought about them from the perspective of where you can or can't fly a drone. Don't want to break any rules or anger any property owners.

By way of introduction, I retired from UNC Chapel Hill (School of Public Health) about 10 years ago, so I have the time to pursue recreational interests. I've done photography as a hobby for decades on and off. I had my own darkroom for a number of years and worked almost exclusively in b&w before digital made working with color so easy. I haven't done too much with video but would like to do more. I see drones as a way to expand that in a new direction. I hope to get Part 107 certification just to cover whatever situations might arise and am going through the Pilot-Institute online course now to prep for the exam. It's a lot of new information, but I enjoy learning new stuff and as long as I'm patient, I think it will go well. My brother, who lives a few miles from me, is also a new drone flyer. We'd both enjoy learning from others in the area about great poaces to fly. Look forward to being a part of this group.

WELCOME to the forum from a fellow Tarheel. I'm over on the wester edge of NC.

Don't forget that you'll also need to get the NC DOT Aviation Division Commercial UAS Permit (Free and super easy once you complete your Part 107).

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots!:) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! It is great to have you here. If we can be of any help with knowledge or product, please reach out to us! www.FloridaDroneSupply.com

Welcome to the forum from the Rocky Mountains of Colorado! Happy and safe flying!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica