DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New from N. NM

Pkunk

Reactions
New guy, new second hand Mavic Pro. I don't have much flight time yet as winter at 8200 ft is more than my arthritic fingers can take. I've had several successful flights around the neighborhood on some warmer days but can't wait for spring. The MP makes it all pretty easy and I use a checklist to make sure I'm together before liftoff.

Hello from the Crossroads of America Pkunk.

...and I use a checklist to make sure I'm together before liftoff.

If you haven't done it yet, swing by the FAA and register.

Then take the TRUST test to have a copy with you when you fly.

When I started flying with my Spark in 2017, I had a checklist taped to the iPad Mini 4 so I wouldn't forget anything.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! I noticed you‘re from Questa. There is some pretty flying to do near the Wild Rivers area to the north west of you. I usually fly from a piece of BLM land just across the northern boundary and keep my drone to the north. I think flying within the Wild Rivers might be allowed (a check at the visitor center would confirm) but there are often quite a few people at most spots and I’d rather not impact their visit with my drone.

Howard

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Trust, stickers, etc. done months ago.

Welcome to the forum! I noticed you‘re from Questa. There is some pretty flying to do near the Wild Rivers area to the north west of you. I usually fly from a piece of BLM land just across the northern boundary and keep my drone to the north. I think flying within the Wild Rivers might be allowed (a check at the visitor center would confirm) but there are often quite a few people at most spots and I’d rather not impact their visit with my drone.

Howard
B4Ufly says it's OK there. I'm looking forward to a little Gorge flying

Reactions: eaglesurfing
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum from the outback of Australia. Using checklists is always a good move, doesn’t matter if your pro or recreational. I’ve always found the moment I stop using it I forget something and it tits up. You will enjoy the MP, a stable little A/C.
Regards

Hello from Minnesota and welcome to the Forum...Congratulations on your venture in the drone world...There's a lot of good quality teaching/feedback going on in here. Just ask, and the experts are great on providing good sound advice for you to apply and use... Remember to always Fly safe and always Fly smart...VLOS always.

New guy, new second hand Mavic Pro. I don't have much flight time yet as winter at 8200 ft is more than my arthritic fingers can take. I've had several successful flights around the neighborhood on some warmer days but can't wait for spring. The MP makes it all pretty easy and I use a checklist to make sure I'm together before liftoff.
welcome to the forum. i know your area well, you have some real beautful area to fly around there i have a place south of you in Santa Fe

Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore