DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New from New jersey

SURE

Come to the event we will have a mavic mini demo

You can test fly the mini at the event and if you decide to buy one you take it home w/ you.

if you do decide to take it home you can sign up for a free "level 1 training" which is an introduction to drone rules and basic safety tips to help keep new users operating legally and help keep the craft from crashing. We go over simple items such as registering the craft to more complex education like understating airspace and obtaining FAA waivers and airspace clearance. The level 1 is a four hour course. Level 2 is part 107 training and level 3 is advanced drone operations procedural training courses are also available.

SURE

Come to the event we will have a mavic mini demo

You can test fly the mini at the event and if you decide to buy one you take it home w/ you.

if you do decide to take it home you can sign up for a free "level 1 training" which is an introduction to drone rules and basic safety tips to help keep new users operating legally and help keep the craft from crashing. We go over simple items such as registering the craft to more complex education like understating airspace and obtaining FAA waivers and airspace clearance. The level 1 is a four hour course. Level 2 is part 107 training and level 3 is advanced drone operations procedural training courses are also available.
Wait but I thought the mini didn’t have to be registered...it’s 249 grams lol

Wait but I thought the mini didn’t have to be registered...it’s 249 grams lol
You are correct that you do not need to register it for recreational use. However all of that information is still good to know for any pilot. Plus if you do ever get licensed under Part 107 then you will need to register it anyway for any Part 107 operations.

** Also: If you use it with the prop guards attached, then it is over 250 grams and you need to register it even for recreational use.

Reactions: DDS
You are correct that you do not need to register it for recreational use. However all of that information is still good to know for any pilot. Plus if you do ever get licensed under Part 107 then you will need to register it anyway for any Part 107 operations.

** Also: If you use it with the prop guards attached, then it is over 250 grams and you need to register it even for recreational use.
Ohh true. Do I have to register it even if I’m only flying with prop guards indoors.

Hey guys I’m considering getting a drone and i need help. I have only flown ”toy” drones like the ones you get from brooks tone before. Very cheap ones. The most expensive i had was the one you can get at apple i forget the name, but now you cant get it form them anymore. The drone didn’t fly well and didn’t connect to a phone well. I returned it. I recently saw the trailers for the Mavic mini. Only 599 (fly more combo) for a pretty good drone? Why not? What do you guys think? Also, what would happen if I flew it in colder weather, because up here in NJ, it gets cold in the winter. Thanks in advance
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: NotDronyDroneGuy
Ohh true. Do I have to register it even if I’m only flying with prop guards indoors.
The FAA does not regulate any airspace indoors. You do not need to register any drone to fly inside/under a structure.

Reactions: NotDronyDroneGuy
Alright cool thanks. I’m just getting a bit scared now that they will all be sold out by the time I decide lol
That may not be a bad thing. I understand that even though they are shipping the Mini the software to control them will not be released until the 11th. I can only imagine the pressure that the DJI software team is under to finish the programming on time. DJI may get it right this time, but they have a history of releasing buggy software.

That may not be a bad thing. I understand that even though they are shipping the Mini the software to control them will not be released until the 11th. I can only imagine the pressure that the DJI software team is under to finish the programming on time. DJI may get it right this time, but they have a history of releasing buggy software.
there will always be a firmware and app update that I can promise :)
I too fly a MP recreationally and lost count of the updates

Just called a store, they said they cant sell it until the 11th, they can only put you on a list. Hopefully the app comes out by then. Wait, how do the yotubers get the app then? Ive watched countless videos on this already...

Just called a store, they said they cant sell it until the 11th, they can only put you on a list. Hopefully the app comes out by then. Wait, how do the yotubers get the app then? Ive watched countless videos on this already...
They use the beta app which requires dji approval via email address and drone serial

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark