DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New generation Epson glasses

lannes

Reactions
Looks like Epson is releasing new glasses with full google play store compatibility which suggests a 64bit infrastructure able to run DJI Fly etc.

Any idea of the price point on these?

There haven't been any prices posted for BT-40 or the BT-40S. The BT-40 should be cheaper than the BT-300 FPV model since it doesn't have the Android module, it's just a monitor. Getting to work with a Mavic would be interesting, you would need an Android device with multiple USB ports (which are rare) or you would need to plug the RC and the BT-40 into a USB hub, and then plug the hub into the phone.

There haven't been any prices posted for BT-40 or the BT-40S. The BT-40 should be cheaper than the BT-300 FPV model since it doesn't have the Android module, it's just a monitor. Getting to work with a Mavic would be interesting, you would need an Android device with multiple USB ports (which are rare) or you would need to plug the RC and the BT-40 into a USB hub, and then plug the hub into the phone.
That will not work. The data rate from the remote controller to the phone already uses the full USB and processor capacity and is not powerful enough for outputting same data rate on a second port and for sure not over an USB hub. So better put your hope into the BT-40S.

That will not work. The data rate from the remote controller to the phone already uses the full USB and processor capacity and is not powerful enough for outputting same data rate on a second port and for sure not over an USB hub. So better put your hope into the BT-40S.
The same data would not be sent over a second USB port. The BT-40 connects to another device and presents itself as a display. Android supports multiple displays, either as a second, distinct display or it will mirror the primary display.

Do you have a reference for the RC maxing out the USB bandwidth? AFAIK, it's nowhere near close to using up the bandwidth for a USB 2 port (480 Mbps). I work with Android devices that have multiple USB ports to collect telematic data. you can pump a lot of data down a USB 2 pipe.

AFAIK, it's nowhere near close to using up the bandwidth for a USB 2 port (480 Mbps). I work with Android devices that have multiple USB ports to collect telematic data. you can pump a lot of data down a USB 2 pipe.
Yes you can, but not two video streams with almost HD resolution simultanuously.

Data rate is not the problem in trying to connect the RC and another device onto the same USB port on a smart device. The problem is the USB mode of the connections.

In a USB connection, only one device can be the master/server/OTG. The rest have to be slave/client.
The RC is already operating as master/server/OTG when connected to a phone, the phone is the slave. In order for the phone to be able to connect to an external video display via USB, it has to be in OTG mode.

A device with 2 independent USB ports could work, as long as one connected to the RC operates in normal mode and the other to the display can operate in OTG mode.

Now why did DJI set it up where it is the OTG device? Probably for compatibility. Not all phones/tablets are capable of OTG mode.

Yes you can, but not two video streams with almost HD resolution simultanuously.
The video stream from the RC i don't think is more than 8Mbps, as per the adjustment you can set in the app.
Unless the RC is decompressing the FPV before sending it to the app over USB. I doubt it though.

The video stream from the RC i don't think is more than 8Mbps, as per the adjustment you can set in the app.
Unless the RC is decompressing the FPV before sending it to the app over USB. I doubt it though.
For sure it is more than 8 Mbps, but you are free to try it out. But I would not waste my money with that high risk.

For sure it is more than 8 Mbps, but you are free to try it out. But I would not waste my money with that high risk.
The max transmission bitrate from a Mavic Air 2 is 12 Mbps, using H.265/H.264 encoding. Any decent Android phone or
tablet would have enough horsepower to take in data and then mirror the Android display to an external device.

The real problem is that if the Mavic RC is the primary device on the USB bus, the phone/tablet will not be able to drive an external display like the BT-40. A device can't be both a primary and secondary device on a USB bus.

Be careful with the bt-40, not many devices are able to handle the output and input through the same usb port or two separate I/0 ports, which you would need to run the flight software and display at the same time. I suspect this is more designed to just take the output from a tablet, phone or pc when they are standalone.

The BT-40s which is a standalone android 64bit solution might be better for the drone flight, but it has not been tested just yet.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
you can always buy an hdmi mirror cast device just a simple one( if this one takes hdmi or usb-c that is usb-c would need an adapter as well I believe) but this way your phone is connected to the controller still with no USB issues and its image get wirelessly sent to the glasses. now of course there can be latency and you still have to use you phone only to change settings or anything but it ends up working fine for me on my googles and with my BT-300s I don't even need the mirror caster device because thankfully epson at least was able to let the bt300 module at least have its own built in to the settings and not as an app or additional device. Of course if it uses usb-c properly and most likely with its own version or specific cable like the one for the glasses on the 300's I don't understand why anything would be an issue if properly used right instead of using a plug and wire with what 24 wires and choices up to 10 Gbit/s( and even if you wanna say that isnt enough especially with the new meta-OLED tech with mind blowing 10,000 ppi which in no way will be ready until 2023-2025 i pretty sure that if the 40 Gbit/s usb version wouldn't acomendate it the by then new USB4 will just fine) and a few different connection protocols like Alternate Mode which negate all the speed and directions issues especially if they just use a Hub like device like most newer laptops and tablets and even google Chromebook so that shows its defiantly supported and utilized properly on a goggle OS device already. but anyways i kinda feel like they have done their testing and seen that they made a sucsesfull and more simple yet still unique looking desing that hopefully this one can be more of a mass produced version and my estimated prices below will end up way off. If they do what has simply been said and connect the glasses to a real and true android OS and device then get ready cause the sky is the limit and would take this tech to the next level it needs because its definitely not going away like vr always has no i think googles glass was just one big disaster and before everything else was ready like now were the processing speeds and power are tiny and still better than most pc's from just a few years ago. Plus its always more fun to me at least to play around in the real world especially if you can manipulate things in your visual field or just be able to see and access any data or person you might need to without even looking for once in over 5 years maybe everyone would finally start looking up and forward like the good old days and in my opinion so far Epson has the best setup other than that damm track pad on my dji version but nothing big there. So I wouldn't worry about anything except the price and I'm thinking low ball 1500 high side 22 maybe 25 but give it a little time and before you know it these things will be in the hundreds of dollars and very abundant once a final look and ability is decided and mass production starts

you can always buy an hdmi mirror cast device just a simple one( if this one takes hdmi or usb-c that is usb-c would need an adapter as well I believe) but this way your phone is connected to the controller still with no USB issues and its image get wirelessly sent to the glasses.
Yes, you can. If you want to live with lagging video, cable dessaster with not very robust connectors, an additional power bank for powering the mirror cast device and so on, then do it.

Yes, you can. If you want to live with lagging video, cable dessaster with not very robust connectors, an additional power bank for powering the mirror cast device and so on, then do it.
mine ran ok but off my note 20 ultra or pad 7 not gonna lie two top of the line deceives but i never had much lag at all and the mirror cast app is on the epson already in display settings and just need an app on the caster device to find it no cables or what not actually at all actually better because no longer need to use the annoying touchpad and can be placed in a shirt/jacket pocket or out of the way place but maybe its just my experience of course the hdmi or usb c would now make more sense or even the newest version just released i guess i haven't looked into it that much actually but with my note having usb c to straight hdmi output hindsight says should of went the other routes of course

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky