DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New GPC case arrived today

AeroMirage

Reactions
Some of you will think this is crazy.... others may not.
I designed a case that GPC made for me to house my Mavic Air unfolded.
32_2x.gif

While it is a nice small package folded up, I find it to be a pain to constantly unfold it to retrieve images, do FW updates, even to remove & charge the battery.
So, I had a custom case made.
In it, the bird sits ready to fly and there is room for extra batteries and the remote with CrystalSky attached.
This makes this a real run-n-gun rig ready to fly in 1-2 minutes of arrival at a shoot.
Plus I feel it will put a lot less wear and tear on the moving parts of the arms.
29_2x.gif

Many thanks to GPC case for their custom fabrication service.
Not cheap, but one gets what one pays for.
If cheap is what I wanted, there are plenty of $30 cases out there.
What I wanted is one that fits my needs.
I no longer have to fold / unfold the bird, or break down the RC every time I go out and can carry extra batteries and props, all in one very well made case!

x1.jpg x2.jpg x3.jpg x4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mavflyer
Do I even want to guess how much it cost? Lol. You notice the birds leaving your air alone after the red decals?

The birds seem to leave it alone? I have the black air and the red tailed hawks circle around it like it’s dinner.

Haven't had any birds interested in it. The other day there were 8 or 10 crows flying by, but they kept on. I was ready to plunge the left straight up, but they were just going that way and not interested.

I can’t say I would have spent that money, but it’s a nice case as are all GPCs. Man that thing is awfully close to the size of the P4P case though.

Yeah I’m gonna have to do something to mine to keep the predatory birds away. I heard red and yellow are the best colors to use,that and reflective tape. I live out in the country and we have all sorts of different breeds of hawks, pigeons, eagles and other birds that will come after drones.

Went on a shoot today with this new case.
Case sits nicely right on the passenger seat of the car.
I was airborne in about 90 seconds!
What a pleasure not to have to constantly unfold and refold the bird!
Then, on returning home, just pop off the gimbal guard and plug her in to the computer, pop out the depleted battery, replace gimbal guard, then pop it back in the case.
(I do preflight checks when replacing in case after a shoot.)

The whole idea of me getting the Air was so I could fold it up small to stick it in my camera rucksack or hiking rucksack. Each to his own I suppose .

Very nice case. Did you do the cut outs yourself? How much did it cost?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sevimli