DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Guy Greetings...Questions!

Uncle Hoser

Reactions
Hello all:

I'm new to all this, at least with anything other than the $100-150 "toy" aircraft that seem to be everywhere these days. I've researched quite a few "real" drones on the market within my budget, and the Mavic Air 2 seems to have the most bang for the buck, especially when combined with the package deals DJI offers.

Before I pull the trigger: Are there any known issues that would cause me any "buyer's remorse"? How does the Air 2 stack up in comparison with Autel or Skydio, or any of the others?

I don't expect anyone to bash other brands or anything like that...just trying to do a little honest research before I drop a grand or more!

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Hello all:

I'm new to all this, at least with anything other than the $100-150 "toy" aircraft that seem to be everywhere these days. I've researched quite a few "real" drones on the market within my budget, and the Mavic Air 2 seems to have the most bang for the buck, especially when combined with the package deals DJI offers.

Before I pull the trigger: Are there any known issues that would cause me any "buyer's remorse"? How does the Air 2 stack up in comparison with Autel or Skydio, or any of the others?

I don't expect anyone to bash other brands or anything like that...just trying to do a little honest research before I drop a grand or more!

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I graduated from the Mavic Air 1, which was my first and very capable drone. The Mavic Air 2 is more capable, but appropriate for a first drone.

Reactions: Hauptmann
welcome to the forum ,if you scroll down to the bottom of the page you will see that there are forums dedicated to different brands of drone, maybe a look see at those as well will help you make up your mind ,it is really a choice for you to make at the end of the day ,

Got a MA2 back in August as my first drone. I can't comment
on comparison between DJI and other makes, but i can say, i
don't think you'll be disappointed with a MA2. You won't find
many owners on here say anything apart from how good it is
and how enjoyable it is to fly. I love mine. What ever you decide
enjoy.

Reactions: anotherlab
Thanks! That was pretty quick!

I've done quite a bit of research on other aircraft already, and I've formed some opinions. Just tossing it up in the air for other folks' input. So far, I can't say that I've seen anything negative about the MA2. One thing I have found is that the aftermarket accessories are plentiful and really reasonably priced. I'm almost at that point of no return...a decision will be made this week!

The MA2 is amazing. I've flown many different brands and models and this drone is just amazing. It is perfect when flying. Video is super stable and color is accurate. The only way you're going to crash one of these drones is if you make some sort of mistake while flying it.

Reactions: Hauptmann
The MA2 is amazing. I've flown many different brands and models and this drone is just amazing. It is perfect when flying. Video is super stable and color is accurate. The only way you're going to crash one of these drones is if you make some sort of mistake while flying it.
Well, that's certainly reassuring! I appreciate the honest assessment.

The MA2 is the way to go. It has a great camera, the best range, avoidance features, and stability of anything even close to its class and it is relatively easy on the wallet. If you get the Fly More package you will have everything you need except a couple of ND Filters. An ND Filter is a must for the best video and photos but the ones that come with it can be too strong for low light days.

The competing brands you mention are excellent drones but will end up costing you nearly twice as much money as the MA2 to get all of the necessary batteries, chargers, controllers and accessories to make them shine.

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
It's a pleasure to be here, thanks! I'm familiar with Chicago...IL was my home state until 1987, but I was on the opposite side (across the Mississippi from St. Louis). I miss the area at times, but I really prefer the AZ desert as far as weather conditions!

Got it! UPS blessed me with a package today! I'm getting the batteries all charged up, reading all that I can regarding the operation of this thing, and downloading software. Hopefully, we'll have some compatible weather this weekend! I'm sure there will be a learning curve (I ordered some propeller guards with the drone, just in case I decide to fly into a wall!), but I'm really interested in learning. I haven't flown anything but "toy" drones since back in the '60s, when I got into R/C airplanes for a short while. Times have surely changed...;)

Got it! UPS blessed me with a package today! I'm getting the batteries all charged up, reading all that I can regarding the operation of this thing, and downloading software. Hopefully, we'll have some compatible weather this weekend! I'm sure there will be a learning curve (I ordered some propeller guards with the drone, just in case I decide to fly into a wall!), but I'm really interested in learning. I haven't flown anything but "toy" drones since back in the '60s, when I got into R/C airplanes for a short while. Times have surely changed...;)
There are several videos to check out but one of them is the importance of setting the yaw plus camera settings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998