DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New guy & training drills

Reactions: JSPUB
Checked out Drone Maneuvers Mastery . You can watch a couple segments as a 'sampler' before it tells you to enroll. Pretty simplistic IMO - but I'm a helicopter pilot.

Checked out Drone Maneuvers Mastery . You can watch a couple segments as a 'sampler' before it tells you to enroll. Pretty simplistic IMO - but I'm a helicopter pilot.
Now that’s an art! Flying a helicopter! It’s really sad about Kobe Bryant and everybody on that aircraft. Do the rotors disengage automatically if the engine stalls or is that something a pilot has to do ?

Your right it does start simple. But it does not end simple there are 50 maneuvers to learn.There ia a PDF you can print and take to the field with you.

I like to start simple and progress as I learn. I didn’t take my first motorcycle out and do 198 on it!

Beginner mode is good even if your ego says naaaah

Helo has an Overrunning clutch - disengages when engine RPM drops quickly. Rotor and and transmission ' free wheel' as ac descends then the pilot cushions the landing with the rotor's inertia /energy. Timing is critical. Practiced/ instructed this many thousands of times in the Army. Got so confident Idared the helo to quit until one did at night in Texas. Landed fine but I backed off the braggadocio attitude. I had just dropped off a General- glad he didn't have to wait for recovery in the pasture.

Last edited:
Hello everybody! New MPP pilot here introducing myself from Idaho. These are amazing pieces of equipment and are certainly a big jump from my Cox airplane flying days! ? Just got it registered and have my aircraft identification numbers and license coming soon.

Could someone please recommend some drills to help me acquire the conditioned response inputs needed for yaw and rudder proficiency? I used to fly a bit and could learn from sensory input, but there’s no physical connection with drones and I need some visual examples (practice) to integrate the stick movements for banking in turns and such.

Thank you!
John
Welcome.

Helo has an Overrunning clutch - disengages when engine RPM drops quickly. Rotor and and transmission ' free wheel' as ac descends then the pilot cushions the landing with the rotor's inertia /energy. Timing is critical. Practiced/ instructed this many thousands of times in the Army. Got so confident Idared the helo to quit until one did at night in Texas. Landed fine but I backed off the braggadocio attitude. I had just dropped off a General- glad he didn't have to wait for recovery in the pasture.

Oh WOW! Good job! Thank you for your service!

Wow! A night landing w/o power! Nice job. You really have to know your bird to when to pitch the angle of the rotors at just the correct moment! Can’t imagine the added challenge at night?.

Thank you for your service!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J