DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New here....

bat123

Reactions
I am new to drones, ordered Pro Platinum 2 days ago and am waiting with much anticipation for the US mail man here!
Home is in Newnan Ga, but at present live and work in Abu Dhabi UAE and am anxious to get started!!!

Reactions: dirkclod
I am new to drones, ordered Pro Platinum 2 days ago and am waiting with much anticipation for the US mail man here!
Home is in Newnan Ga, but at present live and work in Abu Dhabi UAE and am anxious to get started!!!
Great drone for a first time. Don't be foolish and crash it the first week. Read and google and youtube before you fly. It's not a toy, and it's expensive. Use beginner mode for the first time in a big field if possible. Also learn the laws... BIG fine and maybe jail if you hurt someone.

But you are getting a great drone... just be prepared to learn. It has to be registered with the FAA (in the US), and if you want to use it commercially, you will have to get a 107 unmanned aircraft license and insurance(in the US). Not sure what the laws are in Abu Dhabi UAE, but you better find out, there are stories of confiscation and maybe worse.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Great drone for a first time. Don't be foolish and crash it the first week. Read and google and youtube before you fly. It's not a toy, and it's expensive. Use beginner mode for the first time in a big field if possible. Also learn the laws... BIG fine and maybe jail if you hurt someone. But you are getting a great drone... just be prepared to learn. It has to be registered with the FAA (in the US), and if you want to use it commercially, you will have to get a 107 unmanned aircraft license and insurance(in the US). Not sure what the laws are in Abu Dhabi UAE, but you better find out, there are stories of confiscation and maybe worse.

Thanks for the reply, I have flown (and built) RC aircraft so I get the planning, hand eye, thought co-ordination, and believe me I have been scouring the net (youtube etc) for any worthwhile information, oddly enough I have learned a lot from crash compilations. There seems to be, as with any endeavor, a few well let's say over "anxious" participants so I'm trying to take it slow and easy.
As I mentioned above I have had experience with RC aircraft, overall I think the danger to life and property are much greater with A/C but, drones can be a little package of dynamite also.

I have researched and found out about the UAE laws regarding ownership and use, and it's pretty rigorous but not prohibitive and yes I will comply with all US regs hopefully before I get home.

Soooo..... I hope to be active on MavicPilots and look forward to many hours of give and take.
Thanks guys!!!

Last edited:
Howdy from Wyoming @bat123 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos