DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New here....

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
I have to MP's love them. But when and if I was to upgrade, I would go with the Mavic 2, one reason because of the camera, and the Duel Band Ocusync transmission system.It has a 2.4ghz and 5ghz band. The MM does not have the benefit from having
ocucync, which means its signal is more prone to interference. Don,t get me wrong I like the MM, but its primary role is a flying selfie camera, never designed for long distance, or serious photography. Check these points out for your self, good to read
printed material about the drones. Check out Mavic Help and Mavic tips. FLY SAFE.

Hi Broze Welcome to Mavic Pilots
If you are a photographer I say go for the Pro 2

Probably a silly question, but is there a lot of difference between the Mavic Pro Platinum and the Pro 2? From what I have read, it seems mostly flight time and price differences. But then again, with me being very new to this, I have no idea what I am talking about.

Reactions: mrjohnc1
  1. If you are looking for a new drone, I recommend the Mavic Air 2. Mavic Pro Platinum is not even in production anymore so I'm not sure if you can even find it new. I'm also not sure how much a refurbished or second hand one will cost you... but obviously there's risks associated with that.
  2. The Air 2 is the best drone in terms of value for money. I bought my first ever drone 2 weeks ago. The three I considered were Mavic Mini, Mavic Air 2 and Skydio 2. Unless you are very cash strapped (in which case you might want to choose the Mini) or you want the best autonomous flight modes (in which case the Skydio 2 wins), the Air 2 is the clear winner. It's half the cost of a prosumer drone like the Mavic 2 Pro, but with 90% of its capability.
  3. I don't know for sure, but DJI don't seem to hold sales on new merchandise. There were no deals on the Mini or Air 2 in China during the National Day holidays. I imagine they have a similar policy elsewhere.
  4. If you had to choose between buying in the US or the UK, buy in the US. It looks like DJI charges in premium in quite a lot of countries including the UK, but for some reason, their products are exactly the same price in the US as they are in China. In fact, due to current exchange rates, they are cheaper in the US than China, which is a bit mad considering shipping and the Trump tariffs(?).

The UK prices are always ridiculous. From being here in the US, I am finding a lot of things cheaper than back home. I am holding out for Amazon Prime day, with the hope that the prices reduce enough to snap one up.

I will have a look at the Air too, thanks very much for the recommendation

Hi Broze from sunny, hot and rainy central Florida!?
I have the M2Pro with the Smart Controller and it’s great !! Sometimes I still can’t believe what this drone can do... true that it was pricey but I splurged and went for it ... don’t forget that there is a classified section in this forum and I sometimes see M2P’s for sale if you would consider used ..read posts and check out YouTube for tons of knowledge! You can also ask people on this forum about things .. I’ve found them very helpful!!
good luck !!

Thanks Cap/n Thumbswayup
This smart controller you mention, is that much different than the one included in the combo packs?

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
I have to MP's love them. But when and if I was to upgrade, I would go with the Mavic 2, one reason because of the camera, and the Duel Band Ocusync transmission system.It has a 2.4ghz and 5ghz band. The MM does not have the benefit from having
ocucync, which means its signal is more prone to interference. Don,t get me wrong I like the MM, but its primary role is a flying selfie camera, never designed for long distance, or serious photography. Check these points out for your self, good to read
printed material about the drones. Check out Mavic Help and Mavic tips. FLY SAFE.

Off to read up about the Mavic pro 2 now. Cyborg also mentioned that one. Thanks for the recommendation Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akshata@dronescript