DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New in Johnstown/Loveland Colorado

dbeistel

Reactions
Hi, I am new to the whole Drone crowed, seen, group, what ever. I received a Mavic Pro, about a month ago now. I got my 336 cert I think that is the correct number. I know it is not the 107. The rules are very confusing. Thank god the remote app tells me where I am good and where I am not. Although I am still confused on the whole class thing. Some places say no Class e2 some say no class D. I have been getting lost. I know I can't seem to fly at my own home I at the end of one of the approach lanes for the Loveland airport, So that sucks. I have gotten to fly once and I am not even sure I was in the right place. I just tied to stay clear of everyone and be safe. I hope to fly more and soon. Love a lot of the information on this site. I have even seen some NOCO's here.

At any rate, Thanks for the site and hope to meet some people, make sure I fly safe and possibly get some great footage.

Dale

Welcome to the forum! :)

Thank god the remote app tells me where I am good and where I am not. Although I am still confused on the whole class thing. Some places say no Class e2 some say no class D. I have been getting lost.
If you want to scout out the flying area before you head out, you can find all nearby restricted flying zones on the GEO Zone Map. These are the same zones you should see in DJI GO when you're out flying.

Welcome to the forum! :)

If you want to scout out the flying area before you head out, you can find all nearby restricted flying zones on the GEO Zone Map. These are the same zones you should see in DJI GO when you're out flying.

LOL, thank you. Is there some live component to this? I only ask because, when I am use the application on the IOS device it says I am at the end of the Loveland Fort Collins Airport, so my house is a NFZ. When I look at that site it says I am clear. At my house anyhow. No big deal either way. I just wonder. I am not finding much consistent information anywhere I look. I am finding all of this as, fly where I like if no one complains then well I am good. If some one complains or I get a ticket then well I guess I shouldn't have done that. Trying to follow the rules when there is not a consistent source of them is near impossible. I have refereed too the DJI Go app, the site you listed above, VFRMAP - Digital Aeronautical Charts , this site for information one person says Oh I love to fly there and I find out it is a state park and it is indicated that is not allowed. I feel like I am spending more time to prepare to do something that I have done once for 15 min. The whole time I did it I kept feeling like I was breaking laws and regulations and at any moment I was going to get hauled off by some government Org and beaten. <- bit of an over exaggeration, but I think you get it.

Also is there a glossary or Index on the sites Acronyms and initialization? or terms? not DJI specific. I found the one under general about DJI specific terms. Using a search engine in some cases helps but it is not always the best. I would just reply to the thread and ask but the thread is old now.
this statement was used in some one else post and it make a little since to me. I have no idea what the whole thing means.
I know B4UFly but that is about as far as I got. I continued reading the whole post, as well as several others and still can't identify what sectionals, NODAMS or MOA are.

"
I use B4UFly for quick checks, but
always use sectionals and check NODAMS because it doesn’t cover MOA operational times and such that well. "

The goal is to follow the rules, Identify a good real flight check list for those rules before I get someplace with my 4 batteries and drone and solar charging kit, and extra props, to actually be able to enjoy what I am doing. I love to hike and If I am going to add this to my equipment list I want to make sure that 10 miles in it wasn't a waste for real. Lots of places I go I have no cell reception anyhow, so I am not sure it matters.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Is there some live component to this? I only ask because, when I am use the application on the IOS device it says I am at the end of the Loveland Fort Collins Airport, so my house is a NFZ.
The GEO zone list does sometimes need to be updated in DJI GO. You can manually check for updates in the following section of DJI GO:

Hi, I am new to the whole Drone crowed, seen, group, what ever. I received a Mavic Pro, about a month ago now. I got my 336 cert I think that is the correct number. I know it is not the 107. The rules are very confusing. Thank god the remote app tells me where I am good and where I am not. Although I am still confused on the whole class thing. Some places say no Class e2 some say no class D. I have been getting lost. I know I can't seem to fly at my own home I at the end of one of the approach lanes for the Loveland airport, So that sucks. I have gotten to fly once and I am not even sure I was in the right place. I just tied to stay clear of everyone and be safe. I hope to fly more and soon. Love a lot of the information on this site. I have even seen some NOCO's here.

At any rate, Thanks for the site and hope to meet some people, make sure I fly safe and possibly get some great footage.

Dale
Hey Dale, my name is Scott and I live in west Loveland. Give me a call 970-215-9639 and I can give you a few tips to help you get started.

Dale
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Pro, I love mine. Fly safe and have fun!

Dale
I’m heading to Colorado this weekend. Can you recommend good sites to Launch?

Hey Dale, my name is Scott and I live in west Loveland. Give me a call 970-215-9639 and I can give you a few tips to help you get started.
Hi all NOCO flyers. I'm new to the drone world and very excited to get going but my Magic Air won't be here till Monday. :( This is also an invite to anyone who needs practice. I'm like Scott and west of Loveland out near Masonville. Scott let me know if I can text you and maybe do a face to face.

Hi all NOCO flyers. I'm new to the drone world and very excited to get going but my Magic Air won't be here till Monday. :( This is also an invite to anyone who needs practice. I'm like Scott and west of Loveland out near Masonville. Scott let me know if I can text you and maybe do a face to face.
I live in Windsor, but as a disabled vet I’m not flying much these days. Maybe we can get together later this Spring. I fly a Mavic Pro, Hubsan Zino, and a few toy drones, including a FPV. Happy flying.

Dale
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Pro, Fly safe and have fun!

I live in Windsor, but as a disabled vet I’m not flying much these days. Maybe we can get together later this Spring. I fly a Mavic Pro, Hubsan Zino, and a few toy drones, including a FPV. Happy flying.
That sounds good to me. I should have my Magic Air this week. I need to get everything set up and start flying.

Welcome to the forum from Georgia, USA.
You will find plenty of helpful information and advice. We look forward to your participation and you view of the world.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito