DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New iPad 2017 model, pros and cons

Vladimirni

Reactions
Please if someone has experience using new iPad 2017, and what are disadvantages of missing GPS module on this iPad?

Currently I am using Iphone 8 Plus, and I need bigger screen, but I don’t want to have a lag and poor response time.

Thanks

Please if someone has experience using new iPad 2017, and what are disadvantages of missing GPS module on this iPad?

Currently I am using Iphone 8 Plus, and I need bigger screen, but I don’t want to have a lag and poor response time.

Thanks

Glad you asked. I’ve been dealing with issues like this with all of my android devices. I tried buying a couple different ones when my galaxy tab S and my note 4 didn’t work well I had a lot of lag and pixelation. It always worked great with my iPhone 7 but I didn’t want to spring for the new iPad. I ended up just doing it. And I will say I do not regret it. I bought the 2017 iPad 9.7 inch and there’s no lag. It’s great. So nice to have that huge screen. I bought the iPad Mini four and after reading a lot of people saying they were having issues with the tablet overloading. I returned it and got the 9.7. It has supposedly a faster processor and it’s the same price also It’s a newer technology the mini for is a few years old. Why not get more screen for the same price. Either way I’m really happy with that purchase.

Thanks a lot,

What about GPS on tablet device using Mavic, I think that option is only for follow me feature and nothing else?

I’ve been using my tab in airplane mode to save on battery. Once you have the app download you don’t need the web to fly. Only to update and download videos after.

I bought a iPad Pro 10.5 before Christmas and have loved flying with it. My iPhone 8 Plus was working great but nothing beats the larger screen. I use the MavMount V2. They have some information the best customer service out there along with quick ship times!

I have the iPad pro 10.5 with a mavmount and love it. Bought the Anker 1ft cable and it is perfect. Couldn't be happier
6c3b252940f81cd304b093f7bea891df.jpg

Reactions: emthood
As for me I just bought the iPad Mini 4. Honestly, the 9.7 or 10.7 is just too large for my taste but then again, to each is own. I want to stay as portable as I can hence my decision. Regarding the GPS module. I think the only true thing you lose is "Active Track" and for the most part, I think most people don't use it. If you do decide it is something you want to do, then you can buy a GPS module to compliment the iPad/Android device that doesn't have a GPS Module.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum