DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NEW IPAD MINI 4 WI-FI FOR MY MAVIC

kyle mavic

Reactions
Hi All,just purchased a brand new ipad mini 4 128 gb for my mavic platinum.question,will i be able to tether this to my phone for google maps and other functions to work in dji go 4 app?phone is android and supports hot spot,so really more interested weather i can get all features of go 4 app?any help.advice,tips really welcome.
thanks in advance to anybody who can point me in the right direction! Cheers guys!

Hi All,just purchased a brand new ipad mini 4 128 gb for my mavic platinum.question,will i be able to tether this to my phone for google maps and other functions to work in dji go 4 app?phone is android and supports hot spot,so really more interested weather i can get all features of go 4 app?any help.advice,tips really welcome.
thanks in advance to anybody who can point me in the right direction! Cheers guys!
Better off getting a sim and the lowest contract you can find, look on Amazon, someone here said they picked up a low gb sim for I think it was £30 a year. You've got a great ipad, great to fly the Mavic, I have the same by the way, why waste it trying to get it to work via an Android phone? Keep it simple, and the less likely it is to go wrong.

I got a non-glare screen film for mine after trying to see the screen in bright day lite. I also got DJI's hood that slips over the antenna's but rarely use it. I usually just try to stand in the shade of a tree or a building. Remember to place the home button on the right hand side if you are placing it into the RC jaws, so that the iPad cover magnets along the left side of the iPad stay as far away from the RC as possible, because they can interfere with the calibration of the RC. I really like my Mimi4, think you will too. BTW, if yours is WiFi only your can cache the maps while on a WiFi and got fly or HotSpot if now WiFi available. You will not be able to use the Follow Me function, I would use my iPhone as my device/screen if I want to do Follow Me, or roving Home Point. I also regularly sync my flight records between my Mini4 and iPhone so that no matter which device I pick up to go fly with at any given time, the setups on both of them will be the same. Welcome aboard. Za3Qi4vzQLem%uisLAvvzA_thumb_1216.jpg

Reactions: FL1H1
Better off getting a sim and the lowest contract you can find, look on Amazon, someone here said they picked up a low gb sim for I think it was £30 a year. You've got a great ipad, great to fly the Mavic, I have the same by the way, why waste it trying to get it to work via an Android phone? Keep it simple, and the less likely it is to go wrong.

agreed, keep it simple and reduce possible points of failure!

I got a non-glare screen film for mine after trying to see the screen in bright day lite. I also got DJI's hood that slips over the antenna's but rarely use it. I usually just try to stand in the shade of a tree or a building. Remember to place the home button on the right hand side if you are placing it into the RC jaws, so that the iPad cover magnets along the left side of the iPad stay as far away from the RC as possible, because they can interfere with the calibration of the RC. I really like my Mimi4, think you will too. BTW, if yours is WiFi only your can cache the maps while on a WiFi and got fly or HotSpot if now WiFi available. You will not be able to use the Follow Me function, I would use my iPhone as my device/screen if I want to do Follow Me, or roving Home Point. I also regularly sync my flight records between my Mini4 and iPhone so that no matter which device I pick up to go fly with at any given time, the setups on both of them will be the same. Welcome aboard. View attachment 36802
THANKS FOR THE INFO
I have just changed my homebutton to the right hand side as per your advice!Did not realise it made made a difference but will remember that in future! having now(finally)got to understand how firmware updates work,looking forward to some real flight timeThumbswayup:) part of my problem i think was with a dodgy usb cable,swapped it out for another and now dji assistant sees my mavic straight away.thank for your help and reply,look forward to uploading some footage,weather pending,hint ,weather is absolutely appaling ATM LOL.:eek:

Reactions: Micke and locoman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobsuruncle