DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New ipad mini 5 issues!! HELP!

So when I'm flying I need to be spinning around then??
Correct me if I'm wrong please, but it seems the only useful feature is that I can turn the drone , which will spin the world around it, till its pointing at me then I could fly straight back in case I lost my VLOS. Where as with the other one I would know where in the sky to look...
The purpose is you always want to be facing the drone for signal....have you been sleeping in class again? And again, if you know what way your facing and you can see in relationship to that what way the drone is flying, then it is quite easy to determine if the drone is left/right - behind/front of you. Not sure what your not getting...I'm moving you to front row seats of class. :p

Have you flown yet using it?...I think your gonna be one of those "gotta see it in action" to comprehend kinda guys ;)

The purpose is you always want to be facing the drone for signal....have you been sleeping in class again? And again, if you know what way your facing and you can see in relationship to that what way the drone is flying, then it is quite easy to determine if the drone is left/right - behind/front of you. Not sure what your not getting...I'm moving you to front row seats of class. :p

Have you flown yet using it?...I think your gonna be one of those "gotta see it in action" to comprehend kinda guys ;)
I flew it yesterday for a short stint, it was pretty cold and windy, I was not impressed! From where I was standing there was nothing at all on the indicator that showed which way the drone was! Or which way it was facing.. the red drone triangle was ALWAYS just facing forward!

PLEASE move me to the front of the class because I DO want to understand how to use it, and thanks for your patience!

Last edited:
The purpose is you always want to be facing the drone for signal....have you been sleeping in class again? And again, if you know what way your facing and you can see in relationship to that what way the drone is flying, then it is quite easy to determine if the drone is left/right - behind/front of you. Not sure what your not getting...I'm moving you to front row seats of class. [emoji14]

The point is, unlike the Go version which shows the AC location from your point of view, this shows your location from the AC's point of view. That can be used, but not quite as useful, especially after finally getting used to the orientation indicator.

Reactions: A.O.
Hi A.O. What I found interesting was that in your post, you stated that your wife got an iPad mini 5 for Christmas. But somehow the fly app got downloaded on it and it ended up in your RC clamp when you went out to fly. Quite impressed with how that happened. Way to go.?

• Haha
Reactions: A.O.
Hi A.O. What I found interesting was that in your post, you stated that your wife got an iPad mini 5 for Christmas. But somehow the fly app got downloaded on it and it ended up in your RC clamp when you went out to fly. Quite impressed with how that happened. Way to go.?
HAHAHA!!! That was good but you apparently misunderstood me, my wife got ME a ipad 5 for Christmas.
You gave me a good laugh though!

Oh man did I mess that up. Old eyes, speed reading while enjoying a hot todie.??
Enjoy the mini 5. Have read many good reviews on the forum.
Denis

Oh man did I mess that up. Old eyes, speed reading while enjoying a hot todie.??
Enjoy the mini 5. Have read many good reviews on the forum.
Denis
Seems like it will do great, easy to see as opposed to my phone...

Cant wait for the next update maybe they will fix the attitude indicator! :)

Reactions: Fun Flyer
Flew with the iPad mini and this SC today, quite sunny. Both screens not easy to see. Operator error, didn’t have display on brightest. Fixed that and made big difference (duh).

Also added sun shield to iPad mini, another huge difference!

(sorry for off topic)

Flew with the iPad mini and this SC today, quite sunny. Both screens not easy to see. Operator error, didn’t have display on brightest. Fixed that and made big difference (duh).

Also added sun shield to iPad mini, another huge difference!

(sorry for off topic)
Which sunshield?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143