DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New ipad mini 5 issues!! HELP!

A.O.

Reactions
So my wife got me a brand new ipad mini 5th generation for Christmas. Been cold and windy today so I just stepped out for a few minutes to give it a go.
Everything seems fine except the indicator bottom center of screen that shows where I am and the drone id and which way its facing is non existent!!
Whats up and how can I fix it??

So my wife got me a brand new ipad mini 5th generation for Christmas. Been cold and windy today so I just stepped out for a few minutes to give it a go.
Everything seems fine except the indicator bottom center of screen that shows where I am and the drone id and which way its facing is non existent!!
Whats up and how can I fix it??
I believe the latest firmware/software did away with it...either by purpose or over site...if I understand your question. That is now superseded with the new indicator on lower left where your map is discussed in umpteen threads :p

I believe the latest firmware/software did away with it...either by purpose or over site...if I understand your question. That is now superseded with the new indicator on lower left where your map is discussed in umpteen threads :p

No, I still have the map down there but not the new indicator.. I read about that earlier but did not see it on there.

No, I still have the map down there but not the new indicator.. I read about that earlier but did not see it on there.
You have to select it on, you choose what it displays...read threads again. :p

You have to select it on, you choose what it displays...read threads again. :p
Yes, I found that out. Watched the little video you posted the link to (thanks) and figured out I had to turn it on. WOW is that going to be a learning curve to figure out!!
Anyway to go back to the other indicator?? It is SO much better! And if not explain to me why not please.

Instead of the drone position changing it stays the same and the whole world revolves around it!!

Yes, I found that out. Watched the little video you posted the link to (thanks) and figured out I had to turn it on. WOW is that going to be a learning curve to figure out!!
Anyway to go back to the other indicator?? It is SO much better! And if not explain to me why not please.

Instead of the drone position changing it stays the same and the whole world revolves around it!!
DJI evolves, the many variations that many of us had to endure is unexplainable over 5 years. One thing you will soon learn about DJI is the few don't matter. The situation is you just basically got a DJI, the thousands before you voiced their request to have it more suited to their previous DJI software I imagine. Either roll with the punches, get on board the ship before she sails, or jump overboard now...With DJI you just go with the flow...best not to ask why and generally you can't go backwards...so pay very close attention before you update anything on a DJI setup ;)

Reactions: fullbore and A.O.
Yeah, I'll just have to figure this thing out... it seems VERY un-intuitive !!
Yet to those of us using that system, it is extremely familiar and is much like in full size aircraft...whatcha gonna do :) You have less to unlearn than us :p To tell you the truth one of the reasons I walked away from a presale of MA2 Purchase was the Fly App and lack of feature set....I jumped to the big dog and went M2Z and got their full featured drone. To each their own...hang in there, you'll get it. And like I said once you learn what you like, stop updating anything. I went 3 years without updating my software and firmware as I didn't like the changes DJI had went with to "make it better" ;)

See if this old video can help :

Last edited:
Reactions: ravenman and NAVMAV
I'm not sure that this is just a DJI issue. I've seen plenty of APPs on my iPhone get major updates with no explanation on how the App changed or how the new features work. I think its the culture of modern programmers.

Reactions: A.O.
I'm not sure that this is just a DJI issue. I've seen plenty of APPs on my iPhone get major updates with no explanation on how the App changed or how the new features work. I think its the culture of modern programmers.
Yes sir, it is the "just" of how the world works now...unfortunately. In a similar thing and not getting off topic to far..like when I started flying DJI..the cost was about 5 times of flying DJI now. There was no one that had answers..we just did this and that, and when we figured out something..we used these forums to spread the wealth.

We didn't have care refresh or state farm, we took things slow and learned...we didn't have the crutch, and that is how I view such things these days..I feel these insurance options take away from that drive to learn to focus on learning with that edge of fear that ensured we didn't go flying out over bodies of water, though trees and such...but it is what it is. I actually fear this Christmas and all the question from the new pilots, as to me it shows they just bought a toy and used no due diligence to see what it is they bought...but I digress...the OP was before these thoughts...and I kinda like him :) ;)

I have a soft spot for people that want to learn, but not so much for those who wish to just take. I was were he was one day. Hopefully in a year or so, he pays it forward...and these threads continue to educate..about all I can hope for....I guess these days. :)

Reactions: Yogi053
Yet to those of us using that system, it is extremely familiar and is much like in full size aircraft...whatcha gonna do :) You have less to unlearn than us :p To tell you the truth one of the reasons I walked away from a presale of MA2 Purchase was the Fly App and lack of feature set....I jumped to the big dog and went M2Z and got their full featured drone. To each their own...hang in there, you'll get it. And like I said once you learn what you like, stop updating anything. I went 3 years without updating my software and firmware as I didn't like the changes DJI had went with to "make it better" ;)

So thinking about it it would be like I'm sitting in the drone and as I turn that's why the world turns around me.

I'll figure it out..

Unfortunately!!

In the similar indicator in Go, you are in the middle and the AC revolves around you. They should go back to that in Fly rather than how they have it now.
Or maybe there is a way to swap positions.

The only reason I think they did that is so you could see your/RC position and HP relative to AC. Otherwise, which goes in the center?

So I have watched that vid a couple times and it makes almost no sense whatsoever!!

Super glad I have less to unlearn as you said...:)

It often seems to be an easy way for devs to fix a problem without having to actually admit it existed!

So now the "new" attitude indicator does not show me which direction in the sky my drone is, or what direction its pointing!
So what does it do? or do I just leave it turned off maybe...

Off topic, but saw in another and thought OP would enjoy it.

Attachments

• 57DD5396-3B18-44CF-9461-2B4C2E6459A0.jpeg
    57DD5396-3B18-44CF-9461-2B4C2E6459A0.jpeg
    869.8 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: A.O.
So now the "new" attitude indicator does not show me which direction in the sky my drone is, or what direction its pointing!
So what does it do? or do I just leave it turned off maybe...
It actually does... The little white blip on outside of ring shows you where your standing and which way you are facing. rotate your body till the red (Aircraft) and white align.

It actually does... The little white blip on outside of ring shows you where your standing and which way you are facing. rotate your body till the red (Aircraft) and white align.
So when I'm flying I need to be spinning around then??
Correct me if I'm wrong please, but it seems the only useful feature is that I can turn the drone , which will spin the world around it, till its pointing at me then I could fly straight back in case I lost my VLOS. Where as with the other one I would know where in the sky to look...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242