DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mav 2 pro smart controller issue

claytonford

Reactions
Got my new Mav 2 pro with smart controller, updated it out of the box as it asked only for it to go blank following the update, I have gone to the web to find you should use DJI assist to update, so I down graded firmware to 1.00.0700 all good but no screen. Upgraded back to 1.00.0820 still no screen.
Removed all firewalls, virus software but still got a brick, must say I'm not impressed at what I find regarding this controller on the web from many others.
Anyone got any ideas on how to resolve?6512773A-167B-416F-9A06-6CCEF9D65659.jpeg923F8197-D387-45A4-B3E2-1C85F9E59A31.jpeg

Attachments

• D013D1DE-6B27-4E59-B41A-335364AE8BF8.jpeg
    D013D1DE-6B27-4E59-B41A-335364AE8BF8.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
Strange! I suspect a hardware problem.

Reactions: TampaTC
Updates are not mandatory.
May have been a different outcome without the update?

Got my new Mav 2 pro with smart controller, updated it out of the box as it asked only for it to go blank following the update, I have gone to the web to find you should use DJI assist to update, so I down graded firmware to 1.00.0700 all good but no screen. Upgraded back to 1.00.0820 still no screen.
Removed all firewalls, virus software but still got a brick, must say I'm not impressed at what I find regarding this controller on the web from many others.
Anyone got any ideas on how to resolve?View attachment 116968View attachment 116967
I just got a pn SC also, yesterday in fact. I upgraded firmware as per prompts. It is working fine.

Anyone got any ideas on how to resolve?View attachment 116968View attachment 116967
It appears there is data corruption. Try a different USB cable when using Assistant 2. If that doesn't work, reset the Smart Controller to factory settings, go to Factory Data Reset under Settings.

Reactions: CallmeDash
Have you tried connecting to the HDMI port to see if there’s any mirrored output while in this mode?

By chance did you not wait long enough to complete the software update?

Thanks all for your advice, been at it for the past 6 hours trying other methods.
Can access the screen through hdmi all ok, tried another pc with all virus software off just in case, down graded to bed below(0700) and back up to (0820) screen want to work but as the screen just flickers and the touch is none responsive I'm sure it's a screen driver that's failed.
The update was first done straight out of the box off the screen itself, I think the pad may have turned itself off before completing the update, after it failed I did some digging and found that it should be updated using pc and assistance 2. Would have been good to know that from the off.
I have found that the lightning browser also crashes so I have installed opera mini for now, DJI are not being very helpful over the chat stating a 5-10 day turn around, and my supplier doesn't want to know as they just point me back to DJI.
I just want to fly.
I bet some clever chappy will work out what file needs updating or replace the file,

This just makes me think...............
Play with fire, you get burned.
Play around water, you get wet.
I‘ll just stick with dry ground.

Glad you came out ahead!

Have you tried resetting the controller to factory settings and then updating using the DJI Assistant 2? I upgraded my controller to the DJI Fly App 1.2.0 (I have both the MA2 and the M2P) and ended up with a blank screen. That Fly App version is not compatible with the DC. I tried going backwards with the app to no avail. I reset the controller to factory specs, updated the firmware using DJI Assitant 2 (make sure that you set your timeout to 30 seconds) and used the apps that were there after the reset and all was good again.

Have you tried resetting the controller to factory settings and then updating using the DJI Assistant 2? I upgraded my controller to the DJI Fly App 1.2.0 (I have both the MA2 and the M2P) and ended up with a blank screen. That Fly App version is not compatible with the DC. I tried going backwards with the app to no avail. I reset the controller to factory specs, updated the firmware using DJI Assitant 2 (make sure that you set your timeout to 30 seconds) and used the apps that were there after the reset and all was good again.
Tried all that and after some playing with the apps and software through hdmi I noticed it kept crashing with WebDAV being at fault, tried installing the lightning browser app files but wouldn’t let me.
Support have emailed me back asking me to send it all back to them, bloody typical as it was a present it was purchased end of Oct and I opened it 10th nov for my birthday but it was over the 15 days come the 11th. So another week or 2 to wait

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB