DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic 2 Pro

amphallang

Reactions
Hey, New Mavic 2 Pro pilot here. Ive been flying cheap toys for years. Now I have ordered a real one. Getting my education at Drone Pilot Ground School and it is amazing. It has been so helpful in understanding what is legal and what is not. My only dilemma now is whether to continue as a section 336 hobbyists or part 107. I know if I want to make money from my footage I have to go with the part 107, then I worry about commercial insurance. If anyone want to chime in with some advice would be great. *As a side note, what’s are so things to buy and not to buy for these drones.

I took the DPGS course aswell, and thought it was a very helpful resource to prepare for the test. You are not required to get drone insurance with a Part 107 certification, and I would likely only get insurance if I started to do a lot of serious work. I would definitely recommend getting your Part 107 though, especially considering you spent money on DPGS. You can still fly “recreationally”, but you do have to abide by the new rules, such as requesting airspace authorization (you may be able to use LAANC) instead of just calling the airport. Getting your certification both gives you more freedom in what you can do, but also holds you to a bit more accountability (which is important when operating a drone). In my mind the advantages by far outweigh the very few disadvantages.

Something that really helped me prepare for the test is the 5 practice tests DPGS offered, I would recommend going through them all before taking your test. The questions are actually very similar (almost word for word) to those on the real test.

Reactions: amphallang
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Hey, New Mavic 2 Pro pilot here. Ive been flying cheap toys for years. Now I have ordered a real one. Getting my education at Drone Pilot Ground School and it is amazing. It has been so helpful in understanding what is legal and what is not. My only dilemma now is whether to continue as a section 336 hobbyists or part 107. I know if I want to make money from my footage I have to go with the part 107, then I worry about commercial insurance. If anyone want to chime in with some advice would be great. *As a side note, what’s are so things to buy and not to buy for these drones.
Welcome bro, I used them as well for my 107 course. I ended up with a 92% on the test so I figure it was worth it

Welcome bro, I used them as well for my 107 course. I ended up with a 92% on the test so I figure it was worth it
oh and in response to your other question I would go with the 107 if you're intending on getting paid for jobs. I'm wanting to start a drone business of my own and I do building inspections for my current employer with it

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! I would recommend the Part 107 Certification, it isn't very hard and leaves you open to more opportunities. Enjoy your new Mavic 2 Pro, Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: amphallang

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rustjan