DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NEW ! Mavic 3 Lumination Wet Suits Back In Stock !

This notion of rain getting sucked up by some kind of Vacuum thru those vents is just not very probable.
Even when we land the Drones in the water , it would take a Dyson vac to pull that water thu those vent even in the Rain.

All of the DJI drones have some kind of vent behind the Gimbal , it has never been an issue, and you will notice most rain comes downward this is a saving grace , even horizontal rain wont make it as it also falls downward .

No matter we test the Drone in the Water while its raining. The Mavic 3 get a 5 Star rating in the Rain and landing on the Water as we had a few chance to demonstrate here before the Frozen appeared.

If we thought it was an issue with any of the drones we would add something , but after hundreds of flights in the Rain not a single drone even needed that protection .

NOTE: This was time of the old decerped rotting corpse of the old zoom camera before the Update in January 2022.

Last edited:
This notion of rain getting sucked up by some kind of Vacuum thru those vents is just not very probable.
Even when we land the Drones in the water , it would take a Dyson vac to pull that water thu those vent even in the Rain.

All of the DJI drones have some kind of vent behind the Gimbal , it has never been an issue, and you will notice most rain comes downward this is a saving grace , even horizontal rain wont make it as it also falls downward .

No matter we test the Drone in the Water while its raining. The Mavic 3 get a 5 Star rating in the Rain and landing on the Water as we had a few chance to demonstrate here before the Frozen appeared.

If we thought it was an issue with any of the drones we would add something , but after hundreds of flights in the Rain not a single drone even needed that protection .

NOTE: This was time of the old decerped rotting corpse of the old zoom camera before the Update in January 2022.

Is there any warranty, if a user purchased wet suit for Mavic 3, and later the drone is crashed/damaged due to the water leakage, or excessive heat built-up, when flying in the rain?

As far as I can see, Mavic 3 has two set of air vents. The first set is behind the gimbal, and second set is on top of the drone body, facing upwards. They must be connected with each other with some internal channel to help dissipate the heat generated by internal circuit board.

The wet suit completely covers up the second set of the air vents facing upwards, and does not cover the first set of air vents behind the gimbal, which effectively blocks the air flow for heat dissipation. Would that create a heat-build up and potentially damage the internal circuit board, when flying in a hot summer rainy day? Has this scenario been tested?

Were Constantly testing the Drone under all kind of Extreme conditions as well as clients all over the world testing not only the Wet Suits but the Rescue Jackets as well under there own Extreme conditions based on there Country or Region.

Over heating has never been an issue for any of the Wet Suits for the DJI drones.

The Wet Suit have never voided the DJI Warranty going on 4 year now.

With that said we do offer 100% Guarantee for a Perfect Install , Thus the reason for @zeusfl getting a new Mavic 3 Wet Suit sent out to him, .

Were in Winter : Blizzards and white out and freezing temps 9 degrees. Thus all the snow videos we post.

@SkywalkerFeng Hold off your interest until we get some 120 degree days and have @zeusfl do some hot days in Florida and some Microwave days from @sage32 in the Philippines ,

Until than , you just have to wait as we do for the Perfect storms and all that they offer:
If you thought the air 2 could capture Lightning wait until you see what the M3 Can do its going to be EPIC ,
Every year we get more Rain an that means over 100 flights targeted for the M3 this year. So excited.

This is the Air 2 Testings are just the beginning for the Mavic 3

Phantomrain.org over 300 Videos posted and growing .
Gear to fly your M3 in the Pouring Rain / Snow and Land on the Water.

Last edited:
Reactions: zeusfl
Were Constantly testing the Drone under all kind of Extreme conditions as well as clients all over the world testing not only the Wet Suits but the Rescue Jackets as well under there own Extreme conditions based on there Country or Region.

Over heating has never been an issue for any of the Wet Suits for the DJI drones.

The Wet Suit have never voided the DJI Warranty going on 4 year now.

With that said we do offer 100% Guarantee for a Perfect Install , Thus the reason for @zeusfl getting a new Mavic 3 Wet Suit sent out to him, .

Were in Winter : Blizzards and white out and freezing temps 9 degrees. Thus all the snow videos we post.

@SkywalkerFeng Hold off your interest until we get some 120 degree days and have @zeusfl do some hot days in Florida and some Microwave days from @sage32 in the Philippines ,

Until than , you just have to wait as we do for the Perfect storms and all that they offer:
If you thought the air 2 could capture Lightning wait until you see what the M3 Can do its going to be EPIC ,
Every year we get more Rain an that means over 100 flights targeted for the M3 this year. So excited.

This is the Air 2 Testings are just the beginning for the Mavic 3

Phantomrain.org over 300 Videos posted and growing .
Gear to fly your M3 in the Pouring Rain / Snow and Land on the Water.

I watched your product video for Mavic 3. They show mostly drone hovering, and occasionally flying low speed, in mild wind.

What about flying high speed in rain, and in strong wind? Doing either (or both) would inevitably causing raindrops to hit the air vents behind the gimbal. Under those harsh conditions, it's only a matter of time for the water to get inside the drone.

I watched your product video for Mavic 3. They show mostly drone hovering, and occasionally flying low speed, in mild wind.

What about flying high speed in rain, and in strong wind? Doing either (or both) would inevitably causing raindrops to hit the air vents behind the gimbal. Under those harsh conditions, it's only a matter of time for the water to get inside the drone.
You have it all backwards < The Hardest thing on the drone is the Hover, are you forgetting that when you go in sport mode the camera drops down , its fully protected. But it means nothing

I understand your fear that Rain and Snow has some kind of Super Powers to go thru vents but it is not the case.

One thing that is really nice about the this Forum is that it is all telling , over 5000 posts an no one has had an issue with rain going thru those vents that are in all the DJI drones behind the camera. Your Fears are unwarranted.

Even when I force the issue to happen such as in this video , It just will not happen not with rain or snow.

Here is 3 hours of flying in the Wet Snow with over 50 billion flakes , could be rain makes no difference its just not going to happen and we have Hundreds of hours of flying in the Pouring Rain.

Everyone Watch this video of how much Lighting was captured in just a few minutes of Lightning with the air 2S , Now imagine if I had the Zoom on the M3 in the Pouring Rain in this storm . , National Geographic will be calling me. Lol

Just the Hang time of the M3 in the Storm is going to be incredible.
We built the M3 For Warfare , Fearless among the Extreme with plenty of Reward to be had and Instagram's to be filled.

2021-12-10_15h33_20.png

The New LUMINATION Wet Suits our Coming Soon. Few Weeks out.

Those interested please PM me
with your Email and I will keep you posted of the Release and Pictures and prices.
[email protected]

So excited about this new drone and what Storm Pictures i will Capture with the new HYBRID ZOOM Picture and Video frame modes.

View attachment 142733

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Capture the Storm and Light up the Sky.
What happens to the gimbal protector that comes with the M3? Does it still fit?

The New LUMINATION Wet Suits our Coming Soon. Few Weeks out.

Those interested please PM me
with your Email and I will keep you posted of the Release and Pictures and prices.
[email protected]

So excited about this new drone and what Storm Pictures i will Capture with the new HYBRID ZOOM Picture and Video frame modes.

View attachment 142733

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Capture the Storm and Light up the Sky.
That does absolutely noting to waterproof the mavic, is aesthetics only, and add a bit of weight. Mavic will fly exacltly the same in light rain, well until it crashes if it get's heavier.

He just register the account to say that. Is funny. His first post.

Welcome to the forum!!

That does absolutely noting to waterproof the mavic, is aesthetics only, and add a bit of weight. Mavic will fly exacltly the same in light rain, well until it crashes if it get's heavier.
Welcome to the Forum, but it very funny you say the Mavic 3 will Crash when it gets Heavier from the Rain.. LOLLLLLLL Noted you just registered , but you will be called out for making silly statements .

Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. an Land on the Water.
Phantomrain.org

Welcome to the Forum, but it very funny you say the Mavic 3 will Crash when it gets Heavier from the Rain.. LOLLLLLLL Noted you just registered , but you will be called out for making silly statements .

Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. an Land on the Water.
Phantomrain.org
I said Mavic will crash on heavier rain, the IP rating is not for that. You noted wrong I just changed the password now, member of the forum for several years, but I fly drones for 15 years when DJI was not even born in that dormitory. Not a silly statement at all, the colorful skin does exactly nothing to protect a Mavic from the rain is just cosmetic. Not only that I fly them but I actually build them for various industrial payloads.

I said Mavic will crash on heavier rain, the IP rating is not for that. You noted wrong I just changed the password now, member of the forum for several years, but I fly drones for 15 years when DJI was not even born in that dormitory. Not a silly statement at all, the colorful skin does exactly nothing to protect a Mavic from the rain is just cosmetic. Not only that I fly them but I actually build them for various industrial payloads.
You might want to start your own Thread all about you building Industrial Payloads, , We have over 5000 posts about flying in the Rain, with many on the forum having Wet Suist that fly in the Rain. We fly every chance we get in the Rain / Snow . for now will just keep posting videos of the Wet Suits in action.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Last edited:
@poco_bw we respect all opinions. Welcome to the forum with your new username again.

Good luck.

It’s incredible that survived all well !!!!!

Easy to find on the ground !!!! That looks nice !!

Notice how the Neon Blue Color shifts at Dusk, on both the Wet Suit and the Rescue Jacket very cool

2021-12-17_15h08_03.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jigjjihhwohekjgh2857