DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Air 2 Owner questions

Regarding my thinking what's the different between no / lost GPS... I didn't think the Mavic would descend or change course if GPS was lost mid-flight. I was just thinking if I took it outside, locked GPS and then carried it inside and tried to take off that it likely wouldn't work just the same. (As I would not have a GPS lock at the time I took off.)

I suppose if I took off outside and flew through the doors I might have been able to achieve higher altitude once inside, but again, this wasn't even something that crossed my mind at the time.
J
I posted the actual screen shot of the actual manual published by DJI. It states that if there is strong GPS when the drone is powered on, there will be no limits. You can choose to not believe that if you want.

Either way, as I noted, with the new firmware, the limits are changes, so it shouldn't be an issue for you anyway going froward.

Happy flying!

I also make sure to have my home point is set be taking off.

The windows and screen doors are open throughout the year. The ceiling fans never get turned off.
If it set a home point, then you had GPS lock. A home point can only be established with GPS. No GPS, no HP (and no possibility of RTH). It is possible to get GPS indoors. I'm able to get GPS lock in my house most of the time, just might take a little longer.

Reactions: Tony McDrone
I happened to have an opportunity to fly inside of an arena again today. Running the new firmware, I indeed had no trouble getting altitude... I didn't fly up as I could have, but I did get above 45 ft.

J

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27