DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic air 2 owners be aware of first battery charge!

J.C.

Reactions
There’s been some video on YouTube and actually I’ve talk to dji about this.
The batteries that comes in the fly more combo have to be fully charged individually at 100% charge before using them....DO NOT charge them with the battery charging hub because that may cause them to malfunction. There will be a fix on a future firmware update but for now charge them individually with the single charger before first use. After the first use it will be ok to charge them with the charging hub. Reason for that is because batteries are in hibernation mode before first charge.
See here

Activate de subtitle in video

Talk to dji about it and they say to do it like in the video.

There’s been some video on YouTube and actually I’ve talk to dji about this.
The batteries that comes in the fly more combo have to be fully charged individually at 100% charge before using them....DO NOT charge them with the battery charging hub because that may cause them to malfunction. There will be a fix on a future firmware update but for now charge them individually with the single charger before first use. After the first use it will be ok to charge them with the charging hub. Reason for that is because batteries are in hibernation mode before first charge.
See here

Activate de subtitle in video

Talk to dji about it and they say to do it like in the video.
Good to know! ?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
lets hope that that info is contained in all the flymore combos that contain the hub

Thanks for the reminder. I’m betting next week there will be a whole thread on this issue.

OMM, even if the info is included with the fly more package the majority of new owners aren't going to read it first if history continues. Hope its not as bad as 'my Mini flew away. '

OMM, even if the info is included with the fly more package the majority of new owners aren't going to read it first if history continues. Hope its not as bad as 'my Mini flew away. '
I charged like I do all of my other FlyMore combos, now I have a bricked battery. Bad design plain and simple, atleast put a big Red sticker over the hub stating to charge using the cable the first go around.

Fortunately I saw this video when it first came out, and thus I manually charged all 3 batteries separately when I first got them. So far, so good here.

You would have won the bet.?

Yep.

Even experienced pilots wouldn't be expecting this, so bricked batteries from this should be claimable from DJI.

Reactions: dirkclod
Same, no issues....
Who ever has bricked batteries I would like to purchase them from you. Pm me. I have a programer to unbrick them

Thanks

Mine charged fine on the hub. Same as all other DJI craft I’ve owned.

87 DJI drones. It’s not the hub. Batteries are in a “Coma”. They need refreshing by force.

Your dealer should be able to help you out.

If you buy direct you are hosed!

And it won’t feel good either. You are guilty till proven innocent in china.

Reactions: swooshdave
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dseyna