DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Air 2 Tablet Mount by LifThor

I think these mounts are good as they put no load onto the antenna , despite the fact that they shipped the second rate cable rather than what was in the broucher...coiled and not half a**sed slap together one
One thing I have found is that I have adapted a piece of plastic to "extend" the anttenna out to just under max travel. If I just used the mount the antenna were only about 1/2-2/3 extended and this was affecting the reception. Once the plastic extender is in place all is good...
I leave the alloy attached and it fits into the backpack perfectly.

really worried about a bit of a load on the antenna? Is it that cheaply built?? Or just overly cautious?

Not trying to be a smart ***.... seriously asking as I'm new to this drone.

really worried about a bit of a load on the antenna? Is it that cheaply built?? Or just overly cautious?

Not trying to be a smart ***.... seriously asking as I'm new to this drone.
It's probably not an issue with an iPad Mini or smaller size tablet like it, but when you begin getting into the 10.5" and bigger tablets - which I use - the traditional Mavic tablet mounts put more stress on the antenna assembly than I felt comfortable with. I have a MavMount that I use with my Mavic 2 Pro, and it works great for that. With my Mavic Air 2 however, and a 10.5" tablet, I had the MavMount fall out twice. No damage resulted as the mount and tablet stayed together and just hung from my neck by the lanyard, and the RC was in my hands, but the cable disconnected, and it was just a pain.

Now you've got me paranoid! I was paying a bit more attention to mine. it feels rock solid like it won't fall out but the phone mount does have a bit of play... seems like it wouldn't get worse but I'm leaning towards the new mount just to be on the safe side. Not what I wanted to spend another $80 on...

It's probably not an issue with an iPad Mini or smaller size tablet like it, but when you begin getting into the 10.5" and bigger tablets - which I use - the traditional Mavic tablet mounts put more stress on the antenna assembly than I felt comfortable with. I have a MavMount that I use with my Mavic 2 Pro, and it works great for that. With my Mavic Air 2 however, and a 10.5" tablet, I had the MavMount fall out twice. No damage resulted as the mount and tablet stayed together and just hung from my neck by the lanyard, and the RC was in my hands, but the cable disconnected, and it was just a pain.

Order placed.... the Mavmount will be fine in the mean time... and I'll sell it with the mini...

Reactions: ninja_geezer
Please let me know how it works. I have an Otterbox on my iPad mini 5 and was concerned about a 90 degree plug plugging in
Thanks
the adopter works perfect .

I think these mounts are good as they put no load onto the antenna , despite the fact that they shipped the second rate cable rather than what was in the broucher...coiled and not half a**sed slap together one
One thing I have found is that I have adapted a piece of plastic to "extend" the anttenna out to just under max travel. If I just used the mount the antenna were only about 1/2-2/3 extended and this was affecting the reception. Once the plastic extender is in place all is good...
I leave the alloy attached and it fits into the backpack perfectly.
mine came with a nice coiled cable looks very well made right angled ans printed logo .
interesting what you said about the antenna extension i thought the same thing,what did you use to keep it fully extended.

mine came with a nice coiled cable looks very well made right angled ans printed logo .
interesting what you said about the antenna extension i thought the same thing,what did you use to keep it fully extended.
Hi I just use a piece of thin perspex cut to size to extend the antenna to just under full extension...It does make a huge diff as the MA2 manual even makes mention of having the antenna extended for best reception

Hi I just use a piece of thin perspex cut to size to extend the antenna to just under full extension...It does make a huge diff as the MA2 manual even makes mention of having the antenna extended for best reception
top stuff thank you

Sooo many posts for nothing...with the correct case, you guys do not need any holder....

Attachments

• Tab1.jpg
    Tab1.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 25
  • Tab2.jpg
    Tab2.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 26
Reactions: AMRE2ME2
Yes but think of the stress on the mount ! give a good shake see what happens !!!! not for me i love the lithor mount and its not that big at all . :p :p

Reactions: Brockrock
i dont get why you try and support a £500 tablet with a $6 bit of plastic and risk breaking the controller in the process.....just my thoughts ,i tried a similar bit of plastic with my ipad mini cell model,and that put too much stress on the controller for my liking at least with the Lithor you could shake it /re calibrate the compass safely in situ without fear of it breaking.

i dont get why you try and support a £500 tablet with a $6 bit of plastic and risk breaking the controller in the process.....just my thoughts ,i tried a similar bit of plastic with my ipad mini cell model,and that put too much stress on the controller for my liking at least with the Lithor you could shake it /re calibrate the compass safely in situ without fear of it breaking.
It's very strong plastic. Seems like it has minimal pressure tbh. It works sorry if you think it's cheap but it's effective and safe. I feel confident using my expensive tablet with it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys