DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Air 2 Tablet Mount by LifThor

I desgined and printed an adapter for the Lenovo M8 if anyone wants to use the design. Works great and it's simple. OEM cable reaches no issue. It's very secure as it holds the tablet from top and both sides while the RC holds from the bottom, can't slide out once installed.IMG_20200615_162712.jpgIMG_20200615_162838.jpgIMG_20200615_162850.jpg

I like the Lifthor mount, although the small thin package of the Skyreat was worth a look too. Ordered one, and it is a quality unit... and for gear bag it folds very flat and compact... similar to a MavMount, but folds flat. I ordered this for my friend, and have since passed over to him. I may consider getting myself one too.
I do have the MavMount 3, and I have been using it with my Mavic Air 2, but although it fits securely in the former Mavic remotes, it is not a perfect fit in the MA2. Plus, I use a 10.5” iPad, and that along with the mount is a bit more than I like to have resting upon the RC antenna system. The Lifthor mount takes this into account by attaching to the RC housing. I don’t mind the size, and if I’m going to be hiking or needing to pack light, I can just use my phone.

Reactions: bp328i
Out for delivery today. Looking forward to seeing what this mount is all about, as there is very little info available really other than a few pictures on their site. Hopefully I can write up a few of my thoughts this evening, so stay tuned..

On another note, I did have my MavMount 3 fall out of the MA2 remote for the second time the other day, and I have not attempted to use it again since then. This is not a dig at the MavMount 3, as it’s my go to for the M2P, but it’s not ideal for the MA2 remote.

Out for delivery today. Looking forward to seeing what this mount is all about, as there is very little info available really other than a few pictures on their site. Hopefully I can write up a few of my thoughts this evening, so stay tuned..

On another note, I did have my MavMount 3 fall out of the MA2 remote for the second time the other day, and I have not attempted to use it again since then. This is not a dig at the MavMount 3, as it’s my go to for the M2P, but it’s not ideal for the MA2 remote.
Nice, mine is scheduled for delivery on Monday.

Nice, mine is scheduled for delivery on Monday.
Mine was scheduled for Monday as well until 20 minutes ago. Then I got the email stating that it was out for delivery today. Thanks DHL!

It looks like the actual tablet mount ‘fingers’ are nice a wide and will finally allow me to place the 10.5” iPad Pro into it without taking off the case.
Yes - that'll work

1592585068704.png

I got mine in today and it seems like a winner. I thought I wouldn't get it due to the shipping information said it was on hold in Atlanta and never moved from there for two days but I got it today around 2 pm. It seems built well but I will say that the lanyard isn't great. It will adjust itself just by looking left and right a couple times and the buckle is a bit sharp but it was freebie, so no harm, no foul. I just bought 2 versions on amazon and they will be here Sunday. I am about to head out and try it Ill let you guys know whats what when I get back.

For those that have the Lifthor, how is it installing, dismointing and storing the mount. I have the Lifthor for Autel EVO and no question the tablet to mount is great.

I’m more interested in how the actual mount works to setup and take off. The Lifthor for EVO remains pretty bulky when in transport mode... how about the Air2 model?

Reactions: ninja_geezer
For those that have the Lifthor, how is it installing, dismointing and storing the mount. I have the Lifthor for Autel EVO and no question the tablet to mount is great.

I’m more interested in how the actual mount works to setup and take off. The Lifthor for EVO remains pretty bulky when in transport mode... how about the Air2 model?
I got mine today,1 day to arrive to England from Norway awesome service.
great fit and design but if im honest i would only take off the tablet holder and leave the main part attached to the controller does make it bulky tbh its designed to be fitted and left on i would say ,it definitely would not go in the provided bag even broken down,very well made thats for sure ,balance with a neck strap i bought is very good with ipad mini 5th gen fitted with otterbox case.

Reactions: Dougcjohn
They all work, just depends on the stability, strength or quality desired. For a quick setup, an antenna mast extension is hands down fastest.. although it does stress the mast and isn’t as secure... does that always matter, depends on the needs.

The LofThor is definitely high strength both in construction and ability to hold tablet weight.

Along the screen shade subject, the open top 3 sided plastic shields may be low cost, and marginally reduce glare depending on orientation of Sun. For optimal blockage of Sun, noticeable reduction of Sun heating up ipad (or phone) and providing superior vision of flight, visual of camera setting, visual of screen controls... the Hoodman Hood is unbeatable... but you’d need a strong mount to hold tablet & hood... and it too has a higher cost & quality associated.

In a word.... bulky
Although I agree, I consider it to be a tradeoff of sorts, so the word I would also offer is 'secure'...?

In a word.... bulky
Not really im very pleased with how stable it is compared to the alloy generic ones that use the built in holder ,i tried 2 inc the SKYREAT version and it was very well made but it really does not give any confidence in use with even an ipad mini let alone a larger tablet.the LIFTHOR mount fits the controller like a glove and does not even use the built in mount so all very secure and better balanced as well .the sunshade is just one off amazon but fits great hope to fly this sunday if the rain ever stops.
i will report back with my honest findings.

Attachments

• lifethor2.jpg
    lifethor2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
  • lifthor 1.jpg
    lifthor 1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
  • lifthor 5.jpg
    lifthor 5.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • lifthor 6.jpg
    lifthor 6.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 27
  • lifthor 7.jpg
    lifthor 7.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • lifthor 8.jpg
    lifthor 8.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • lifthor 9.jpg
    lifthor 9.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
  • lifthor 10.jpg
    lifthor 10.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • lifthor 11.jpg
    lifthor 11.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • lifthor 12.jpg
    lifthor 12.jpg
    875.8 KB · Views: 24
  • lifthor 13.jpg
    lifthor 13.jpg
    712.3 KB · Views: 22
  • lifthor 15.jpg
    lifthor 15.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • lifthor3.jpg
    lifthor3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • lithor 14.jpg
    lithor 14.jpg
    855 KB · Views: 18
Not really im very pleased with how stable it is compared to the alloy generic ones that use the built in holder ,i tried 2 inc the SKYREAT version and it was very well made but it really does not give any confidence in use with even an ipad mini let alone a larger tablet.the LIFTHOR mount fits the controller like a glove and does not even use the built in mount so all very secure and better balanced as well .the sunshade is just one off amazon but fits great hope to fly this sunday if the rain ever stops.
i will report back with my honest findings.

Will the 90 degree Lightning Plug work with an Otterbox ?

Thanks

I had a Mavmount from my mini and it works fine... once I figured out which way it goes. Gotta put the part with the post against the controller and it is solid.

Saw someone say something about being concerned about the weight on the mount... I'm hoping that won't be an issue but I'm thinking smart controller down the road anyway so...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom