DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic II Specs Revealed....

freeskier989

Reactions
Here are the latest on the Mavic II, seems to be coming next month! Sounds a lot better....

Industry News: DJI Mavic Pro II Coming July 18

Highlights:

• Launch date is now rumored to be July 18th, 2018 at a DJI event in New York titled “See The Bigger Picture”
  • Mass production began in early February
  • Price will be at least $1299 USD, maybe more. They will also offer “The FlyMore combo” which will obviously be more expensive
  • The Mavic II (2) will be substantially larger
  • Its official name is “Mavic II”
  • 4820 mAh battery capacity and 15.2 V power (larger and more powerful than the current MavicPro)
  • The battery design itself will be completely different and not compatible with older Mavics
  • Longer flight time—rumored at 32 minutes—Mavic Pro is 27 minutes and Platinum will be 30 minutes.
  • “Quiet” propellers
  • Improved agility and precision
  • Larger motors will bring upgraded propulsion
  • Top speed is 45 mph (72 kph) in sport mode
  • New and improved remote control similar to old Mavic Pro but better
  • Will use OcuSync
  • Video transmission frequency is still a mystery
  • The Mavic Pro II (2) will be controlled with the DJI GO 4 app as well
  • Obstacle avoidance in all directions, 6 total including on top of the drone
  • Infrared 3D sensing to avoid obstacles even in the dark
  • Improved vision processing system, faster than Mavic Air
  • Binocular rear vision obstacle avoidance sensors
Camera Specs

• 12 MP Sony IMX226 CMOS 1/1.7″ STARVIS sensor (current Mavic Pro has 1/2.3” CMOS sensor) with 28mm (now 24mm) lens
  • 4K video at 60FPS
  • H.265 video format
  • Faster bitrate (100 mbps)
  • Better low light performance
  • Sharper lens with less distortion
  • Better dynamic range
  • Less Noise
  • 8.8mm lens which provides a 24mm field of view
  • Variable aperture of f/2.8-11
  • No mechanical shutter
  • Newly designed 3-axis gimbal

Read more: Industry News: DJI Mavic Pro II Coming July 18

If it's bigger than the current mavic pro then I am not interested. One of the selling point of the mavic pro is the size. No small but not big like the phantoms. It have a size that to me is perfect for a drone.

I'm rather partial to the 1" CMOS rumor, that it will be quieter or at least lower freq than the MPP, and a bit more stable. I'd be quite happy if they announce the new Phantom at the same time so I can simply make a choice instead of debating whether to upgrade to the MPII or hold out for the new Phantom (and all the various lenses I'll have to buy for it).

The only issue with the Canon Rumours site is the clue is in the name, rumours, a lot of which are never true.

(Look how often the new 7D3, 90D and everything have been "released" or "specs leaked" in the last 12 months).

It basically collates gossip from elsewhere. They just copy and pasted from here:-
DJI Mavic Pro 2: Live Rumors And Leaks | MyFirstDrone

"Significantly Bigger" could be a show stopper for me. I really cant manage anything bigger or heavier than a mavic as i simply couldnt take it places with me.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
And MyFirstDrone copied and pasted those features from the various tweets from OsitaLV.
And Osita took every obvious change they would make, put it on a list and said it would be out in March. And they drew a picture of a Mavic Pro with a bigger sensor and the sheep went nuts.

It’s almost July.

The only issue with the Canon Rumours site is the clue is in the name, rumours, a lot of which are never true.

(Look how often the new 7D3, 90D and everything have been "released" or "specs leaked" in the last 12 months).

It basically collates gossip from elsewhere. They just copy and pasted from here:-
DJI Mavic Pro 2: Live Rumors And Leaks | MyFirstDrone

"Significantly Bigger" could be a show stopper for me. I really cant manage anything bigger or heavier than a mavic as i simply couldnt take it places with me.

I feel like with the folding arms they could practically double the size of the Mavic and it would still be quite portable. I've got a backpack I can carry my Phantom 3 around in. It's big and bulky, but doable.

But I do get what you're saying. I don't think I'd want anything much bigger than the current Mavic. Maybe 20% - 30%, but nothing more.

For me it has to be portable and light. Something i can throw in a daysack and carry around and it doesn't matter whether i use it or not.
Its got to fit in a 30l daysack along with my DSLR, various lenses, some spare clothing, water and the usual things otherwise it wont go anywhere.

Mavic (folded with accessories) is about the biggest thats practical for that. For years i wanted a Phantom but didnt buy because it wasn't portable so it'd never get used. Then Mavic came out and meant finally a drone was viable.

I must be in a minority of one. I don't mind if they make their next drone bigger, I'm used to lugging 30 kilo's worth of camera gear everywhere, so I'm not complaining about a bit more stability in windy conditions. 1" sensor would be good, better battery life is always a good thing, six way anti collision sensors, wonderful.
If it's a better machine than the rest, (and it will be, now they've all shown their hand), I'll buy it. Eventually.
I only got my MP in January and it really rocks, so why put myself through torture wondering what's coming next...? I don't care, I'm not bored with MP, it's a good device and I'm still happy I bought it.
If DJI get it wrong, that'll be a real first.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98