DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Mini in Petrolia, Ontario, Canada - question regarding DJI's support for other apps in the SDK

STS-Mavic-Mini

Reactions
Hello:
I'm a new user of the Mavic Mini as of last week. I've made a few flights, both in the house and back yard. I'm fortunate that my yard backs onto a golf course. And since it's closed due to Covid-19, I have space to practice. I'm very impressed with the image quality.
Right away, I have a question regarding apps. The DJI Fly app is great, but it lacks the ability to set waypoints. I explored options on Google Play store (I have an Android phone) and found Litchi which seemed to fulfill my requirements. However, I learned the hard way that Litchi doesn't support the Mavic Mini. I contacted Litchi and they replied very promptly explaining that the ball is in DJI's court to add their support in the SDK developer tools.
Can anyone provide me with more information regarding this issue? Is it likely that DJI will provide their support? When? I appreciate any input. Thanks.

Sorry can't help ya there as i do not use 3rd party apps and havn't a clue what they will do.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Reactions: wjkrysak
Welcome to the forum! :)

Can anyone provide me with more information regarding this issue?
Litchi would be best to provide that information since they need to work with DJI to get their app integrated.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of knowledge here.

Yes waypoints would be a bonus. I think there was talk about DJI releasing a SDK for the mini in April? Not sure if that was just speculation or was true. Hopefully it may be in the works and just delayed because of the Covid slowdown. Anyone heard anything more on this??

Welcome to the forum. I also fly the MM and have many fun flights. Unable to address your 3rd party question. You will find plenty of support and persons to answer your questions. We look forward to your participation.

Reactions: dirkclod and Dedal
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nenad