DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Mini Owner in Hawaii

Capt TeeJay

Reactions
Just picked up the MM a couple of days ago.. and now there’s a storm on the horizon, so I think I’ll wait until it passes through before I decide to take her on her first flight.

Brand new to drone piloting, it always looked like such fun capturing those amazing shots! Looking forward to learning from all of you!

TJ

Just picked up the MM a couple of days ago.. and now there’s a storm on the horizon, so I think I’ll wait until it passes through before I decide to take her on her first flight.

Brand new to drone piloting, it always looked like such fun capturing those amazing shots! Looking forward to learning from all of you!

TJ
Welcome. You’re in the right forum brother. Enjoy flying and be safe

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . :)

Aloha and welcome to the forum, Cap! My dad just told me he flew his MP in 20 knot winds at Ewa Beach this morning. But you’re decision to hold off flying your Mini until the hurricane passes is prudent, given the Mini’s limitations in windy conditions.

Safe and happy flying to you next week!

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and assistance here in the forum. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas!

You picked a winner in the Mini. Don't be fooled by its small size and low price. It's a high performance quad with a good camera. One caveat: It gets pretty windy in our 50th state. At 249 grams, the Mini doesn’t buck the wind as well as beefier drones, On windy days, it’s best to fly so you’ll have a tailwind on the way back. Read the manual, and practice using “Find My Drone”. Chances are you’ll crash and perhaps lose your Mini. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone.

I hope DJI updates the Fly App with larger fonts to make it easier to read. Some of our members have trouble with it.

Glad to have you as a member!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Be sure to check restrictions on drones anywhere you intend to fly. From what I understand, drones are not allowed in any of the Hawaii State Parks and of course any National Parks. I visited a handful of Hawaii State Parks last summer and certainly noticed that restrictions on drones is ignored by many. I accidentally flew in one area that I didn't realize was a State Park. I saw a couple other drones flying and assumed it was ok...

TJ
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: mrjohnc1
Welcome to the Forum from Chicago the Windy City.
We hope you find this see educational and informative, been to Hawaii numbers of years ago without my drone. Do your own testing, the MM is light weight, and wind speeds in excess of the design limits of the aircraft cause flight control problems. Personally, I practice preventive flying,
not to take chances with high winds. Your the pilot, you have to make the call. Find my drone feature it has limitations, in that it is only good, as the last point were a connection between the controller and the drone existed. But it is a Good starting point as a tracker, also its only good as long as the battery in the drone is still good. You should check out Mavic help and Mavic tips, lots
of very helpful information. Let your fingers do the walking. Fly Safe.

Reactions: mrjohnc1

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty