DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New mavic pro owner

Hollywood624

Reactions
Help, Currently flying in beginner mode. I used auto take off. I took off and hovered at 4 feet then it started to ascend on its own. I quickly landed because I didn't know what was going on. This happened to me twice so I call Dj I tech-support they said I needed to calibrate the IMU, i calibrated the compass and the controller but did not calibrate The IMU. I have since calibrated the IMU, but haven't tried flying yet. any thoughts on this

Welcome to the forum!

Fly it. Make sure where you launch from doesn't have lots of metal (like concrete rebar, buildings, cars, lawn chairs, etc.) and don't fly indoors. The IMU needs a level surface for calibrating and the compass should be done outdoors out in the open far away from any magnetic interference (which would also be a good spot to fly from!).

You'll be fine. Go slow like you are and have fun! Oh, RTFM too, maybe twice and make sure your RTH (Return to Home) is set correctly. Search here for lots of info.

Reactions: Hollywood624
You might also want to check the calibration of your sticks too if the IMU calibration doesn't work. If the left stick calibration is off (on Mode 2), then your controller could be sending signals to your craft to ascend, even if it's not touched and remains centered. Sort of like the alignment in your car - as it can turn with the steering wheel pointed straight ahead. Not a perfect analogy, but you get the point.

Reactions: Hollywood624
Help, Currently flying in beginner mode. I used auto take off. I took off and hovered at 4 feet then it started to ascend on its own. I quickly landed because I didn't know what was going on. This happened to me twice so I call Dj I tech-support they said I needed to calibrate the IMU, i calibrated the compass and the controller but did not calibrate The IMU. I have since calibrated the IMU, but haven't tried flying yet. any thoughts on this

I'd take off in an open area without using the auto-takeoff. Get it up to 5 feet & see if it will hover with minimal movement. If its stable then I wouldn't worry about any more calibrations.

Howdy from Wyoming Hollywood624, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. This may sound like a silly question but did you take the protective stickers off the sensors on the bottom?

Reactions: posty1953
@Hollywood624, your TXT flight log should explain what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you need help understanding it, please post a link back here after you upload it.

Reactions: Mavkeb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661