DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New member from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Welcome to the forum We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Hi!
My name is Cris and I have a Mavic Mini and also a Mavic Air 2. I am in Buenos Aires and plan to use these drone to shoot footage in my country (Argentina) as I travel on my motorcycle, car and also when I shoot for films in my studio. I am amazed at the flying and image quality these drone show and will probably be buying more DJI drones in the near future as each one possesses special characteristics.
Welcome PASDIRECTOR.
Cris, it is great to see a drone flier from way down in South America. Visiting Patagonia is one of me deep desires. Also, to spend a few days there getting great drone footage if I might be permitted to fly my MA2 in Argentina.
Please stay tuned here. Lots of good information can be found. I check out my daily notifications of new postings. Lots of good information seems to appear "out of nowhere." Be sure to post great videos of your travels. Of course, as has been suggested elsewhere here, feel free to enter your own queries.
P.S. I am impressed at your skill with the English language.

Welcome to the forum, look forward to seeing some great video footage and photos of beautiful Argentina, I would love to visit Argentina one day, so hoping you can bring Argentina to us in the meantime ;) .
Hi Macmad!! Will do!! My country has much unspoilt beauty, so I will do my best to share images and footage taken with these superb drones. Cheers and good flying!

Last edited:
Reactions: Steel63
Welcome PASDIRECTOR.
Cris, it is great to see a drone flier from way down in South America. Visiting Patagonia is one of me deep desires. Also, to spend a few days there getting great drone footage if I might be permitted to fly my MA2 in Argentina.
Please stay tuned here. Lots of good information can be found. I check out my daily notifications of new postings. Lots of good information seems to appear "out of nowhere." Be sure to post great videos of your travels. Of course, as has been suggested elsewhere here, feel free to enter your own queries.
P.S. I am impressed at your skill with the English language.
Thank you Ron! I was brought up in the USA and have been living in Argentina for many years now, but work using the English language. You can fly your MA2 here as long as you follow certain rules and abide by the restrictions present in the DJI FLY app. The MA2 is just over the 500gram limit and so should be registered, but if you are flying in a "green zone" and take due care to observe the basics in safety, no one will give you any problems.
I am in the middle of my 30 day tryout period with my MA2 and after that will surely register my aircraft. My Mavic mini has no restrictions due to it's weight. Only the safe zones and basic observations any drone pilot must observe. Should you want the local legistlature (in Spanish), happy to send it to you. Cheers and good flying!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Thank you Ron! I was brought up in the USA and have been living in Argentina for many years now, but work using the English language. You can fly your MA2 here as long as you follow certain rules and abide by the restrictions present in the DJI FLY app. The MA2 is just over the 500gram limit and so should be registered, but if you are flying in a "green zone" and take due care to observe the basics in safety, no one will give you any problems.
I am in the middle of my 30 day tryout period with my MA2 and after that will surely register my aircraft. My Mavic mini has no restrictions due to it's weight. Only the safe zones and basic observations any drone pilot must observe. Should you want the local legistlature (in Spanish), happy to send it to you. Cheers and good flying!

PASDIRECTOR, Cris, it will be years before I get there. I have to take into account my loving wife's interests and frugality. In any event, it will be great to stay in touch with you. ([email protected]) Do you ver get back to the U.S.? I have homes in West Virginia (vacant during the winter) and Arizona (vacant during the summer). When I was 19, my aunt who was born in Puerto Rico told me my Spanish was perfect. That was 62 years ago. Since then I have had little use for it and I became fluent in conversational German (lived in Germany for ten years) so I would need a translator for your local rules in Spanish.​

When I buy another drone, it is more likely to be heavier than lighter. I am tempted to get a Mini 2, but I have to watch my pocket book. No matter the low price, I have to keep funds on hand for one of the new or coming more sophisticated drones I would like to get.
Do you do any Search and Rescue(or Recovery) with the local officials?

Welcome to the forum, look forward to seeing some great video footage and photos of beautiful Argentina, I would love to visit Argentina one day, so hoping you can bring Argentina to us in the meantime ;) .
I have just uploaded a vid I shot today. Still learning, but anxious to share! ;)

PASDIRECTOR, Cris, it will be years before I get there. I have to take into account my loving wife's interests and frugality. In any event, it will be great to stay in touch with you. ([email protected]) Do you ver get back to the U.S.? I have homes in West Virginia (vacant during the winter) and Arizona (vacant during the summer). When I was 19, my aunt who was born in Puerto Rico told me my Spanish was perfect. That was 62 years ago. Since then I have had little use for it and I became fluent in conversational German (lived in Germany for ten years) so I would need a translator for your local rules in Spanish.

When I buy another drone, it is more likely to be heavier than lighter. I am tempted to get a Mini 2, but I have to watch my pocket book. No matter the low price, I have to keep funds on hand for one of the new or coming more sophisticated drones I would like to get.
Do you do any Search and Rescue(or Recovery) with the local officials?
Thanks for your response and also your contact details. I will send you a mail saying hello in just a bit.
You have a very interesting life with lots of travel!!
I go to the states at least once every two years with students from my studio www.PASTUDIO.com. I take them to study at the NewYork Film Academy, who I represent in Argentina.
Mavic drones are really awesome and I hope to continue buying more as I learn and need the hardware for my studio.
I toured Germany through the Alpes to Austria on a Kawasaki 650 3 years ago but had NO DRONE to capture the beauty. Now, I plan to take my Mini and/or MA2 everywhere with me now.
Here’s a link to today’s vid I shot (just learning)...
Good flying!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys